What's new

EBAY DIGEST: Interesting Shaving Related Recent Sales Recap

Another vintage blade that you don't see often in such a big lot. I believe these are all the legendary P74, that is 200 of them. Someone did well there. :w00t:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/13-NEW-PACK...D%2FIWPBUcfIO%2Fu8WFs%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

proxy.php

Last edited:

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Dan, that is one heck of a Straight. Seen a giant Gillette DE and now a Straight. Price is a giant too on this one.

TexLaw, I thought those are all P74 blades because I have the same exact package (the ones not labeled 74*) and they did indeed have P74 blades inside. So my assumption is these are all the same blade.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
TexLaw, I thought those are all P74 blades because I have the same exact package (the ones not labeled 74*) and they did indeed have P74 blades inside. So my assumption is these are all the same blade.

The P74s have a "74*" and "TUNGSTEN PLUS BLADES" on them. The others do not.

The P74s have a "74*" and "TUNGSTEN PLUS BLADES" on them. The others do not.
I've seen it claimed otherwise. People say they can tell by the printing on the blades, such as the arrows, that they are 74s even if not marked as such. Supposedly they know this by trial and personal experience.

I am sure that Personna has different ways of packaging and marking the same blades. For instance, some people believe that ones marked simply as stainless steel don't have any coatings, I think there is lots of evidence otherwise.

Oh wow. Do you think the guard bar actually rolls? Cool. Wonder if that helps in glide!
It does. There were several razors with the same idea although they differ a bit in design. I love mine, the razor glides wonderfully every time.

Last edited:
Thanks for for posting that link. My father was a barber, and. WW II vet. He would have liked that. Now I need to find a Kleenex.
I didn't realize it the first time, but the prayer rhymes with itself. I think it would have been better if they had laid out the sentences to emphasize the rhyming, instead of running them all together. Still its a touching sentiment.

Top Bottom