What's new

What did you learn from your last shave?

A more hydrated lather is more protective than a pasty lather. What I'm doing now is making my lathers slightly watery and then I slap a decent amount on, so I get both good protection and slickness. I knew those straight razor shavers were onto something, all though I use DEs.

i was on a two night fishing trip and took my travel kit with no room for a bowl/scuttle. i learned that face lathering works; however, i don't like it as well as bowl/scuttle.

there's a ways a plan B.

That I just don't like the Gillette NEW (my backup razor) nearly as much as the old type single ring (my usual razor). If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it.

That no matter how many times I go back to try Derby thinking that this time will be different, it will never be different.

- Ladas blades are a good blade for me.
- It is really easy to lather Tabac and get good results, even when using too much water.

A combination of bowl lathering and face lathering works well for me. Also, GSB pair well with the braveheart razor but I still prefer the sharper Russian gillette 7OC yellow blade

MWF is not as hard to lather as it seemed it would be. Also, blades perform radically different between my Fatip and my Maggard V2 OC. The Ladas blade that I tried in my Fatip worked well, but didn't feel very smooth. I switched blades in the Maggard to a Ladas, and it was crazy smooth sailing. Guess the blade trials will continue.

Nivea Originals shaving cream is much better when you use enough water.
The first time, I didn't have enough water and it clogged up the lather slots on my Pre-war Tech. Even with too much water, it works adequately.
It still leaves a scummy film on the razor and sink though (from the silicone?), and I won't use it with my good brushes.
In spite of all that, of all my soaps or creams it results in the least sting from alum and AS .
I am conflicted. :001_unsur

Top Bottom