What's new

What did you learn from your last shave?

That how much curve my Futur puts on a blade compared to my Fatboy really changes the handle angle to get good shave. As long as I don't put too much angle on the Fatboy I can get a good comfortable shave.

That I have been watching to many shave videos and getting the idea that I can also do 4 passes and go for the BBS only to fail and now have an itchy neck because of it. Just can't learn my lesson not to go beyond a WTG pass and an XTG/touch-up pass that gets me a DGS to a DFS and just leave it at that.

I shaved with a Micro Touch One for the 1st time this morning - it's a great little razor, if anything it's slightly more aggressive than my Weishi 9306CL
One small design flaw - although the TTO action is perfect when the razor is empty, sometimes it doesn't always close 1st time when it's got a Bic Chrome Platinum blade in it, possibly due to the extra thickness of a Bic blade
I shelved my Micro Touch One a year ago when I switched to the FUTUR for a better shave. Picked it up again for the first time yesterday after reading your post. I was surprised at how well it performed. It seems the razor isn't as bad as I thought it was...I was just a lousy shaver.

The Chinese "Tech-style" razors are probably the best 3-piece razors for the money - I wonder if they're all made in the same factory !!
Mine has a "Nutnut" sticker on the dark brown plastic case - I snapped it up for only 3,00 at auction on eBay
I've also seen identical razors with the same plastic case with "Dorco" and "Jagen David" stickers for a lot more
I've also seen identical ones in blister packs with Junjie or Baili for about €3,50
There's also unbranded ones with no packaging on eBay for about €2,00

I got a very good shave with my "Nutnut" and a Bic Chrome Platinum blade one this morning

I think it makes mine grow at warp speed lol

What I meant is that on both sides of face is growing the same.

That's your mind playing with you, actually if I shave with DE it seems slower than with mach 3, that lubricating strip is accelerating beard growth I can bet.
And my shave is only 2 wtg passes.

- Sometimes it is good to take a day off of shaving to give the face a break
- It feels great to shave after taking a day off and the face feel afterwards is wonderful.

yesterday did futur with feather, outstanding shave! used #2 as i'm still experimenting; however i may not go any further. surprisingly the chin was the best it's ever been. i'll give futur a rest and go to gillette slim adj for a week.

there's always a plan B

Starting to think that my initial (and former cartridge) practice of WTG and ATG, without any XTG, might be worth returning to. XTG on my neck isn't cutting it. (No pun intended.)

My so-so first shave with a Israeli red personna was likely due to sub-par lather since it was my first time using a shave stick or face lathering.

When you try something new. Work on it for a bit, then put it aside. When you come back to it later, everything seems to just fall in place and it works better! I had my best ATT S2 shave this morning, it was quick and easy.

Mike

First ever shave with a Laser Stainless, so far, so good
Not bad, but needed more touch ups than usual - I don't think they're keepers

Top Bottom