What's new

Yeah! My first 2 mile run in 4 months after ankle surgery.kinda sore, but yeah!

Congrats, Alex, glad to hear that you are doing better. I remember you posting something about your injury when to first happened, so it is nice to see the progress.

Now please forgive me if I missed something, or if I come off as insensitive, but why running?

I did upper body lifting and lite cardio at the gym, after a few weeks i felt strong enough to do a lite run. I know that it may be too soon [ and it is too soon according to my Doc, but he did an extensive check on my ligament and found it almost healed 6 months ahead of schedule , it must be something the Jersey water:001_tongu.]

In college i broke my right foot 6 weeks before my College Cross Country state finals. My foot needed 3 to 4 months healing time but i asked my doctor if he could take off the cast in just 5 weeks, he did and i still came in 11th place for 2nd team All State honors. My foot was not 100 percent healed but it held up....So i guess i am a fast healer and god has blessed me with that.

For motivation, just think that there's a NOS Toggle at the end of the run. :001_tt2:

$xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.jpg

Ran another 2 miles last night, no real soreness. This time i had more power and a fast step, seems like i am progressing ahead of schedule.

Hey Alex

That's really great news. It's remarkable you can accomplish a feat like that so soon.
Two miles is a long way!
i was never a runner per se but, incorporated some in my routine. I used to run ... now I jog
but still enjoy it.

Best to you.

Keep it up!

Hey Alex

That's really great news. It's remarkable you can accomplish a feat like that so soon.
Two miles is a long way!
i was never a runner per se but, incorporated some in my routine. I used to run ... now I jog
but still enjoy it.

Best to you.

Well, today did another 2 mile slow run, and now i am down to 211 lbs from 233 lbs on March 3rd.........14 lbs more to go!!!:thumbup1:

Atta boy Alex!! Remember, it's harder to STAY in shape than it is to GET in shape. You will reach your goal no doubt, Just keep doing what your doing bro. Congrats!

Being a cyclist, bmx and mountain biking I have had many injuries and I know how good it feels to get back out there. Congrats on your run and to your speedy recovery.

+1 except swap road for BMX ;-)

Last edited:

mswofford

Rest in Peace
Alex; You make me smile, you make your surgeon smile and, most of all, you make YOU smile! Your progress and accomplishments are an inspiration to all.:thumbup:

Top Bottom