What's new

Speick Shave Stick - Item of the Week 6/03/13

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Hello to all.

This will be the fifteenth in a series of "item of the week" threads that I am promoting in the general shave discussion forum.
The rules:

1. It is very simple. Use the item of the week for the week that it is scheduled and post your thoughts on that item in its thread.
  2. Everything else in your shave line-up may be rotated at will, but keep the featured item of the week as part of each shave.
  3. The weeks will start on Monday and end on Saturday. Sunday could be a free day, or an overlap day for the next week or whatever.

The fifteenth featured item of the week will be Speick shave stick. Starting Monday, 6/03/13.

I'm in with this. I spent the last week trying various brushes of mine to see which one is best for face lathering. Speick (stick form) is the only soap which I use for face lathering.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I'm in with this. I spent the last week trying various brushes of mine to see which one is best for face lathering. Speick (stick form) is the only soap which I use for face lathering.

So which brush did you settle on? I'm finding I prefer a boar brush when face lathering with a stick.

So which brush did you settle on? I'm finding I prefer a boar brush when face lathering with a stick.

Of the four which I tried (basically, my current collection), I settled on an Omega boar which I purchased at the Central Market just north of Seattle about a month ago (so maybe not even entirely broken in yet). I don't know the model number, but it looks like a smaller version of the Omega 49 and with a wooden handle. The loft is 54 mm, base between 22 and 24 mm, overall height 112 mm. I paid $14 for it. It looks great and I love it.

Still, I'm in the market for another boar. Leaning to a Semogue SOC or 1305. The only negative comments I have read about the SOC concern its "large" size, but it is not significantly larger than my current Omega boar which I find to be a very good size.

Anyway, I just finished shaving with Speick and the Omega brush. Great shave. I can't believe the slickness of Speick.

Of the four which I tried (basically, my current collection), I settled on an Omega boar which I purchased at the Central Market just north of Seattle about a month ago (so maybe not even entirely broken in yet). I don't know the model number, but it looks like a smaller version of the Omega 49 and with a wooden handle. The loft is 54 mm, base between 22 and 24 mm, overall height 112 mm. I paid $14 for it. It looks great and I love it.

w00t! for Central Market! ...not affiliated... but their selection is excellent.

In on the Speick stick IOTW - time to give the B&B Essential a workout..

I'll probably have to sit this one out, unless Speick in the tube would qualify?

$spieck-D8C_1949s.jpg

Last edited:

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I'll probably have to sit this one out, unless Spieck in the tube would qualify?

View attachment 339062

While the main focus will be the shave stick, your comments and additional input on the cream will certainly be welcome. Stick around and enjoy a week of Speick. Who knows, there may be a few others that will want to compare notes with you.

While the main focus will be the shave stick, your comments and additional input on the cream will certainly be welcome. Stick around and enjoy a week of Speick. Who knows, there may be a few others that will want to compare notes with you.

Since the cream is ok, I'll give this IOTW a try.

In.

It will be a great excuse to take this (grated) stick out again. I need to get out of my Cella routine, 3017 style, pretty bad!

Top Bottom