What's new

Florsheim Kenmoor

How about an AE wingtip such as the regent I believe it's called? Search up the Jeffersonville, Ohio AE Outlet phone number. From 3 AM to 6 AM on Black Friday they're offering 30% off one pair of shoes. $ 269 regular price for seconds = $ 188. They ship to any state.

How about an AE wingtip such as the regent I believe it's called? Search up the Jeffersonville, Ohio AE Outlet phone number. From 3 AM to 6 AM on Black Friday they're offering 30% off one pair of shoes. $ 269 regular price for seconds = $ 188. They ship to any state.
The Regent is $199 for First Quality online right now.

Think you will get varying opinions on Florsheim. It had been some number of years ago that Florsheim shoes were made in the U.S and had an excellent reputation for quality. Now Florsheim shoes are made in India, as I understand it, and the quality is less. In your opinion gathering, make sure you are getting information about current Florsheims and not comparisons of how they were "before reformulation".

Current Florsheims are a faint shadow from what they used to be. Don't waste your money on them. Get Alden or AE - or deadstock Florsheim.

Modern Florsheims...well. I wear good shoes. I wear old Florsheims and pay a lot for them. For the current shoes, $50 would be definitely too much.

Current Florsheims are a faint shadow from what they used to be. Don't waste your money on them. Get Alden or AE - or deadstock Florsheim.

Modern Florsheims...well. I wear good shoes. I wear old Florsheims and pay a lot for them. For the current shoes, $50 would be definitely too much.

Absolute truth,if you want a REAL shoe that puts all current manufactured shoes to shame ,go to http://www.classicshoesformen.com

Attachments

• $qq2.jpg
    $qq2.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 68
  • $ww7a.jpg
    $ww7a.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 69
  • $ww7.jpg
    $ww7.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 68
  • $ww8.jpg
    $ww8.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 68
  • $ww4.jpg
    $ww4.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
I'm looking for a wingtip with pebbled rather than smooth leather. The Kenmoor seems to fit the bill and the price point is good (here's a link to Nordstrom, and you can expand the photo for more detail: http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/florsheim-kenmoor-wingtip-oxford/3078998). Can you think of any other brands I should consider? Most of my dress shoes are AE, and I've heard mixed things about Florsheim.

Thanks.

I have never owned AEs so I can offer no comparison there, but I do own a pair of the Kenmoors you inquired about. I was on a limited budget - really wanted the $500+ pair of Aldens - and after looking at various models in my price range I preferred the look of the Florsheims. Double sole. Goodyear welt. Almost as soon as I ordered them I found the website malocchio listed, which then put me on the hunt. I found a pebbled pair of NOS Florsheims on eBay for a fraction of the price of classicshoesformen. Of course, availability is hit and miss...but if you find them they are well worth it as both Jussi and malocchio have suggested. (Keywords: florsheim, imperial, long wing, gunboat, cleat.) That said, I still think the Kenmoors are a decent shoe. I have absolutely no regrets in buying them.

Last edited:
a footnote...whether or not you want to buy from classicshoesformen , the website has a huge wealth of great information on what makes a shoe good,and what makes a shoe the ultimate in footwear.....

Have a pair of Florsheims that fit well, so emailed Mr. Minasian at classicshoesformen about what my size translates to in European sizing. Received an almost immediate response! Very nice reply. Will certainly keep in mind when shopping for shoes. Just hate to order something that wouldn't fit is my only concern.

a footnote...whether or not you want to buy from classicshoesformen , the website has a huge wealth of great information on what makes a shoe good,and what makes a shoe the ultimate in footwear.....

Top Bottom