What's new

Brotherhood of the Open Comb

Finally used the senator I picked up over labor day. Popped in a feather and got an excellent shave. I've always been a bit leery of feathers but I jumped right on in. it really was a great shave. itsfunnybecause Ihave a Sheraton that I've not had a lot of success with.maybe my technique is improving. maybe it was the vampire shave. is there a difference between the Sheraton and senator?
My Fave Vamp TV Show

proxy.php

First shave with my new Fatip Grande this morning. Popped in a fresh Gillette SB. I enjoyed it as much as the R41/Feather combination. The first shave of the week has always been the most enjoyable so far. As I progress through the week they get more and more irritable, until by Friday I am looking forward to giving my face the weekend off. We'll see if the Fatip/GSB combo has the same result this week.

Finally used the senator I picked up over labor day. Popped in a feather and got an excellent shave. I've always been a bit leery of feathers but I jumped right on in. it really was a great shave. itsfunnybecause Ihave a Sheraton that I've not had a lot of success with.maybe my technique is improving. maybe it was the vampire shave. is there a difference between the Sheraton and senator?

The only difference I'm aware of is the plating. The Sheraton is gold and the Senator is either silver or nickel.

I have both and other than the plating and the rivet being exposed on the Sheraton, I can't tell a difference. They both shave very closely and comfortably for me. OCtober should be fun. I am also hoping to score a TTO OC Aristocrat for the fun.

I had a delivery from Spain today, many thanks to Rafael & Juan!!

$IMG_0033.jpg$IMG_0023.jpg

Special thin, short Tornado with 2013 R41 head on the left. Short Kaiser with FatTip Piccolo head on the right.

Apologies to Rafael, my shoddy camera work can't do justice to his masterpieces in metal.

I have both and other than the plating and the rivet being exposed on the Sheraton, I can't tell a difference. They both shave very closely and comfortably for me. OCtober should be fun. I am also hoping to score a TTO OC Aristocrat for the fun.

I have an OC aristocrat and live it. That's why i was disappointed with my Sheraton. Guess I'll give her another go. It is kind of cool to have all three

OK so here is my first attempt at the OC, todays set up:

30's Bar Handle
Personna Red
EJ Best Badger
SCS Bulgarian Lavender Soap
Baxter ASB
Old Spice AS

$Monday Shave.jpg

Results; well a little more blade exposure and a different angle than I am used to (my normal every day is a Canadian Fat Handle Tech) but I am sure a little usage and I'll get used to it. So needless to say it was a little rough, some irritation on upper lip and a little on the neck but not too bad. No real nicks just a few weepers. All in all a great shave so if my poor technique can give me this result I can only imagine how it will be when I learn to control this beauty. So I guess I can see why you all love you OC's so much. I think I will enjoy this new path completely!

Ok so I have already made my commitment ... for the month of O/Ctober I will be using only open comb razors for the entire month and letting the rest of my den take a month long nap.

30's Bar Handle
Personna Red
EJ Best Badger
Baxter ASB
Old Spice AS

View attachment 370626

Results; well a little more blade exposure and a different angle than I am used to (my normal every day is a Canadian Fat Handle Tech) but I am sure a little usage and I'll get used to it. So needless to say it was a little rough, some irritation on upper lip and a little on the neck but not too bad. No real nicks just a few weepers. All in all a great shave so if my poor technique can give me this result I can only imagine how it will be when I learn to control this beauty. So I guess I can see why you all love you OC's so much. I think I will enjoy this new path completely!

Excellent setup! You will get better shaves as you get more under your belt.

Very nice UFO handles!

Rhodium 1934 OC Aristocrat arrived today. Will get it prepped and shave with it later this week - will post pics and let y'all know.

30's Bar Handle
Personna Red
EJ Best Badger
Baxter ASB
Old Spice AS

View attachment 370626

Great post, you can see why the OC's rule the world........

Top Bottom