What's new

A 3yr. Old Can Lather Williams! A Fun Little Daddy/Daughter Video

My little girl was bugging me after my shave to help me make up some lather. I couldn't say no, she's too darn cute! I've been thinking about doing a little vid about Williams for a while now, and inspired by brucereds recent vids I decided her and I would do it together!

A disclaimer if you will. The lather we got isn't awesome, but it's pretty alright and shaveable. If it were just me working it a little longer and more vigourously it would have been great, but with a little girl at it, her first time BTW, you can't have overly high expectations! This method with the soaking boar brush in the mug with the soap I found to be the best way to lather Williams.

Please be nice, thats my little girl remember! :wink2:

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice daddy daughter time, my 3 year old niece watched me shave one night and she was just fascinated about where the lather came from, she said its "magic". I just used a vintage puck of Williams for the first time last night and I had no problems with it.

Great video! My 8 year old has been helping me break in my new Dukes and my Semogue 620. We've had a blast! I love it when she said, "It smells like water!"

Cute! That's a nice lucite handle. What kind of brush is it?
EDIT: Semogue 830 - got it!

Last edited:
It's so easy a child can do it :001_smile I'm sure it's a fine soap but I just don't care for the Ivory soap scent but to each his own.

Great video. She's a pro! If you play your cards right, your going to walk into the bathroom one morning and find your brush pre-loaded and ready to go.

Nice video! I just showed it to my 6 year old daughter who wants to build a little lather now too. She got realy angry a couple of years ago when she was told she wouldn't grow a beard....

I have two sons. My oldest has a beautiful daughter about a year and a half old. I look forward to spending similar times with my little granddaughter. Well done.

:a14:

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
That is so awesome, thanks for sharing!

I used Williams in a mug in the shower with carts for years, and that's how I did it. Soaked the brush right in the mug, built lather on the puck, too. I would not go back, but it works fine.

And loved the dialogue with your daughter. I am glad you are enjoying those times and making memories because it will be gone before you know it. Mine are 18 & 22 now. They say the days sometimes drag, but the years FLY by, and it is very true.

"It smells like water!"
"It smells like water?! If you say so..."
"It smells like ICEEEEEE water!"

:jump:

EDIT: Upon further review, it sounds like she may have said "It smells like a rest area urinal and is making my EYES WATER"

But in all fairness Williams gets a bad rap on here, and while it is just about the worst of the worst as far as shaving soaps go, it's better than trying to lather a puck of body soap or canned goo, so I try to show just a smidgen of respect where applicable.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for your kind words, and I'm glad you enjoyed it! We had fun making it, and it is definitely great memories. This morning she told me "Daddy, I had fun helping you shave yesterday." As a Dad you can't beat moments like that!

Sorry the vid isn't shot that great. I used my iPhone on the fly docked in a music player I keep in the bathroom for rockin' out while I shave :wink2: I didn't think it would look like widescreen stood on its end LOL. So I didn't crop it life2short! LOL And I promise ya, there hasn't been any Edge gel in my bathroom for over a year, and there wont ever be! :smile:

As for Williams, its a super cheap classic and I had to try it. I had heard it was tough to lather and wasn't fit for shaving. At first with usual methods it was hard and didn't work for me. It became almost a challenge then, I bet I can lather this stuff despite what some say! Then I got this mug not knowing what I'd do with it, and it came to me. Williams Mug Soap! So I tried the method in the vid and had great success. And you know, shaving with it really isn't bad, especially when its warm from the mug. Scent isnt great but I've smelled worse (Tabac :wink2:).

Thanks again everyone! Glad you enjoyed it!

Top Bottom