What's new

I Need Some Help With Kindle Fire Keyboard

Good evening chaps. My wife bought me a Kindle Fire for Christmas and so far I like it pretty well. There is one issue I am having trouble with and I feel more than a little silly that I have not figured it out yet. When I navigate the web with it it works just fine. And if you click in a search box or log in box it will pop up a virtual keyboard. It is easy to tap in the password or search terms. However, I have run into an issue right here at B&B. I can navigate any posting but if I try to reply with the Fire I cannot get the keyboard to appear. I can click either the quick reply or the "reply to post" button and cursor is in the reply dialogue box but the keyboard does not appear. It seems to have enough "sense" to recognise typical search or password boxes but evidently does not seem to treat the reply boxes on this forum the same. Is there an easy way to force the keyboard to appear? I know it sounds odd but this is not exactly made obvious by Amazon. Their "getting to know your Fire" section is not helpful here either. At least I cannot find a reference to it. Thanks.

Cheers, Todd

Hey chaps. I finally got this issue sorted. After you open the Silk browser, tap the small "up" arrow at bottom of screen. This brings up a small menu with six options. Settings is the one you need. Scroll down till you come to "optimise". Choose "optimise for mobile". Voila. Problem solved. The Fire is quite a little gadget. It just takes getting used to. BTW, the keypad works as an editor as well. It automatically senses sentence ending punctuation and capitalises the first letter of the next sentence. Still a bit tedious for replies but makes do in pinch.

Cheers, Todd

Top Bottom