What's new

Timeless Bronze 0.38mm SB Spiral Handle DE Razor ( An SWCT Review! )

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
So, I managed to last a year without buying another razor, I know I should celebrate that by getting so drunk I don't know whats going on. But since I want to use this razor today, I value being sober with a hand I can control.

proxy.php
proxy.php
IMG_5612.JPG

I like that fake leather texture that Timeless uses for their boxes. They do a good job at protecting the razor in foam. And look, I get another micro-fiber polishing cloth with this razor as well. They also include a couple cards for the beginners. If you order this razor with a stand, it will be included in that hole on the left. I chose to save money not including a stand, because I planned to hang it on my hand made wooden stand. I got three gold razors on the stand now BTW, so nice. And I got it hanging right next to my Timeless TI95 polished razor, so its a family of two now.

proxy.php
proxy.php
IMG_5619.JPG

The shinny gold look of the Bronze is stunning. But I would be remiss if I didn't mention certain imperfections in the machining. Their are obvious tooling mark scratches on the top cap, while the base plate appears to be more polished to a mirror finish. The Scalloped top cap is interesting, reminds me of corduroy pants from back in the day when those were popular.

IMG_5637.JPG
proxy.php
IMG_5640.JPG

The Spiral handle is better polished as well, but it is not perfect either, but it still looks decent. The Timeless Crown handles appear to be about 3/8 inch longer then the Spiral handles. So if your used to the Crown handles, just know that the Spiral handles are shorter. Having said that however, the Spiral handles do appear to be fatter, which is good if you have large hands. Oddly enough, the Timeless logo on the bottom of the handle, looks like an amateur polished it up, as its extremely obvious at the lack of polishing, were considerable scratch marks are so visible, its making part of the logo unreadable. Why Timeless why?

IMG_5634.JPG
IMG_5617.JPG

As you can see, the Timeless Bronze razors, also come with the nylon washer, that the Timeless TI95 razors do, it helps to not scratch up the finish on the bottom of the base plate. The Spiral handle has a neat look to it, I like the feel of the fat handle in my hand. And I put this razor side by side with my TI95, and its clear that the Bronze razor has a thinner head on it, which I am hoping, will help aid in getting the under the nose whiskers easier.

proxy.php
IMG_5614.JPG

Unlike the TI95 that uses a 45 degree safety bar, the safety bar on the Bronze razor, appears to be flat 0 degree. In other words, this head design, might let you ride the bar far more easier then some other safety razors. Instead of a Feather AS-D2, which has 6 small lather channel slots, the Timeless Bronze, has 4-large lather channel slots, which in my experience, is a better design. I shouldn't face lather channel clogging with this razor, unless the soap gets too dry, but that would be on me in that case lol.

proxy.php
IMG_5653.JPG

Were not ready to rock and role, until we have get ourselves locked and loaded with a Wizamet Super Iridium blade. So lets manage that 3-piece design, and get one slapped in there. BTW, its super easy to load this thing up, not difficult at all.

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Did somebody say mind the gap? I also hear someone say, what gap? 0.38mm is quite a small gap, but have a look at that positive blade exposure. Believe it or not, that positive blade exposure means this razor could bight you if you are not careful. Having said that, it is much less aggressive then a TI95 razor, so I think that the Timeless Bronze 0.38, would be an excellent razor for a beginner to use, once they have mastered a razor with neutral exposure first. What a beauty this razor is isn't it? I just had a shave tonight, are you ready for my experience? Sure you are!

Shaving With Bronze Beauty!

IMG_5685.JPG

Today I wanted to benchmark this razor, to see what it was capable of, and where it needed a little help, for future shaves with it.
( 1 ) 3-Day Whisker Shave ( No Shave Weekends ) ( Monday Evening Shave )
( 2 ) No Hot Water Prep, Only Cold Western Freedom Water Used
( 3 ) Face Washed With Stirling Bath Soap, PAA Pre-Shave Ice 2.0 Cube Used
( 4 ) Brand New Wizamet SR Blade 1st Use!
( 5 ) Stirling Ice Coffee With Menthol Shave Soap Used
( 6 ) Captain Joe Blackship Coffee Aftershave Used
( 7 ) Stirling 125G Alum Block Used
( 8 ) Zenith Blue Chubby 28mm Manchurian Badger Brush Used
( 9 ) Captains Choice Starry Night Shave Bowl Used

When I began my first WTG passes on my face, I did notice a reduction in efficiency, due to the lower blade gap. Having said that however, depending on my angle used, I also would feel a bit of blade feel, due to the positive blade exposure. Its IMO, that this razor is slightly more efficient then my Feather AS-D2 razor, and that is exactly what I was hoping for! The razor did leave more whiskers behind after the first passes, then my Timeless TI95 razor. However, when I was doing my moostash area, it nearly removed all the whiskers to a BBS in the first passes, which honestly surprised me, since it did less of a good job on my cheeks and neck doing WTG. However, the razor was surprisingly smooth doing these first passes!

When I was doing my XTG passes, the results were about the same, not quite removing all the whiskers, but indeed was removing more whiskers, and once again, it was doing it fairly smoothly. No skin irritation, nicks, or weepers at this time. When I did my ATG 3rd passes, this is where I felt the razor struggle a little bit. I should clarify and explain that what I mean by struggle, is just going up against more resistance is all. I did notice that I had to make a few more strokes to get the job done, due to the lower efficiency, as well as non-softened whiskers, by using cold water shave.

I also discovered that unlike aggressive razors, like the TI95, which can remove all the whiskers without having the need to pull against the skin one way or another, the Timeless Bronze 0.38 does infact require me to pull against my skin one way or the other, in order to get the last remaining hard to get whiskers, to bring fourth a BBS. I think its just mainly a function in the reduced efficiency. Let me clarify, it doesn't mean that the razor is bad folks, it just means you gotta help it along a bit, its a upper mild range razor.

I was able to eventually, after performing a buffing pass at the end, managed to bring fourth a 100% BBS shave on my face, and nearly 100% BBS shave on my entire neck. But since this is my first time using this razor, I am learning how to use it properly as compared to other's, and due to not the best facial prep in the world, I did end up getting a little bit of capillary bleeding. But the alum block put a stop to it without the need for more powerful styptic, so thats great news. The aftershave locked in my skin after that.

I was asking a lot of this solid bar razor if I am being honest. I really wanted to put this to the test, to find out what it could handle. So here's what I learned about it. I think this razor is best suited for 2-day whiskers maximum, and is going to be a perfect daily shaving razor as well. 3-day whiskers is pushing it for not being an OC razor, so I wouldn't recommend it beyond 2-days shaves, otherwise use an OC razor for that. Also, this razor needs a little more help from you for your facial prep work. I am going to have to recommend hot water shaving, as well as in your facial whisker prep. You gotta soften up those whiskers. Because unlike an aggressive razor that don't give a crap whether your whiskers are soft or not, the Timeless Bronze does infact care.

I like the weight of this Bronze razor, it reminds me of the weight of my Merkur Futur. The great thing about heavy weighted razors folks, is you don't have to use any pressure, just let the weight of the razor do the work. I love how I was able to get my under the nose whiskers with ease, most of my other razors provide me difficulty with that, due to their large heads. Even my Timeless TI95 razor gives me more trouble, due to the larger head on it. So this is another plus in the Timeless Bronze book! It just really feels like a quality razor folks, and that added weight, certainly drives that point home as well.

The handle is a good length, it feels good in the hand. Wet hands do not matter, as I am able to still grip the spiral handle. But don't let your hands get soapy however, because that is when the razor will give your grip the slip. I also think the Wizamet blade was a solid pairing with this razor, the milder the razor, the sharper the blade you want to use. I suppose you could use a Feather blade in this, but I haven't tried that, at least I can say that Wizamet blades work good in it. And if a Wizamet blade works good in it, then a Gillette Silver Blue probably does as well, since those blades are supposed to be practically copies in smoothness and sharpness to Wizamets.

Feeling my skin a few hours after my shave, oh my gosh, glass smooth, feels so great, and goodness it uplifts my mood, I love it so much! You know what else I love? I love the beauty of this razor, when we come to looks, this razor has got looks in spades! Now please note, bronze will indeed patina, if not properly cared for, cleaned, and polished with a bronze polishing kit. I know that some of you appreciate patina, ( I don't ) please note that bronze eventually turns completely green, once the patina reaches its peek, and the razor will look like crap by that point. I myself prefer the shinny brand new look, so I will keep it polished up.

Speaking of polishing, after I finished using the razor, I gave it a quick cleaning with my Timeless face towel, and I noticed that the scratched look on the logo, on the bottom of the handle, seemed to go away. So maybe it just needed a quick buff there IDK. Afterwards, I leave the individual pieces on the towel to complete dry for a day, before putting the razor back together, and hanging it back up on my wooden stand. As always, I need to do further tests with a razor, to develop some finalized opinions on a razors abilities. But having said that, based on my first experience with this razor, I am going to give it a solid rating of......

🌟🌟🌟🌟 out of 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 stars!

proxy.php

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I enjoyed reading your review as well, Chris. I have only used mine a few times now. I don't have a Ti 95OC, as I opted for the Ti 68OC, as I don't seem to need efficiency near the top of the scale for my face/whiskers. I need to use both of them more than I do.... they deserve it. Both are great razors for me. I have the scalloped top caps on both models and I like how they work. Timeless says the scalloped caps don't add or subtract from the shave, but I'm not sure about that. My guess, for me? I think they reduce the surface tension a bit and seem to glide a bit more easily over my face.

Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed your first shave with a couple of caveats. You might be able to get it to 5 stars over time.

:pipe:
Hmm, what to say… for a first review, this isn’t nearly spastic or hyperbolic enough! Where’s that youtoober spirit, you got sell it regardless of reality.

Alright so you got exactly what you paid for and it is good. It is shiny and enjoyable to look at and it shaves well enough, when not pushed. So it’s like every Timeless razor, a quiet overachiever, but unlike the others this one won’t bite… hopefully! I still have reservations about that low gap, but if you can keep the correct angle, it could be magic on a one day beard. Now you have no excuse not to shave every day! 😁:shifty::devil:

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Excellent review Chris! Thanks for taking the time to it this together in true SWCT style! Love it.

Cheers,

Guido

I feel a presence in the force, someone I haven't seen in.......... Oh my gosh its Guido! 😁

Thank you so much, I am glad you loved it! 😊 And notice how I didn't let IMGBB beat the snot out of my pictures before I hit the post button. Since IMGBB nearly wrecked my entire review for my PAA Copper Ascension razor, I've wised up about the preview button. And sure enough, they were not letting some of my pictures to load on this site. So I replaced those with direct upload. Yeah, I won't go through that again. Because people gotta know, I have the SWCT style doggone, and resistance is futile HEHE. :devil:

Nice review. I had one of those when it first came out. Great razor. Unique feel.

Thanks Brad! WOW, you were an early adopter, hopefully there were not any bugs at the time with the manufacturing. Being that all Timeless razors are hand made in their own family machine shop, I would assume that there were no huge issues with them. I just wished that they polished these razors with more precision. Glad you loved the razor as well, and I agree with your assessment of unique feel. ;)

I enjoyed reading your review as well, Chris. I have only used mine a few times now. I don't have a Ti 95OC, as I opted for the Ti 68OC, as I don't seem to need efficiency near the top of the scale for my face/whiskers. I need to use both of them more than I do.... they deserve it. Both are great razors for me. I have the scalloped top caps on both models and I like how they work. Timeless says the scalloped caps don't add or subtract from the shave, but I'm not sure about that. My guess, for me? I think they reduce the surface tension a bit and seem to glide a bit more easily over my face.

Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed your first shave with a couple of caveats. You might be able to get it to 5 stars over time.

Hello Kim, welcome back buddy! I am glad you enjoyed my review. 😊 Sometimes I forget to include details in my review out of forgetfulness, a symptom for which one suffers from the older they get. I'm hoping that I covered everything here in my first post. Feeling my skin 16-hours later, I am now at a DFS.

Oh my gosh, I just realized that I did infact forget something! The TI95 almost always catches on my facial mole, and makes it bleed, somehow without removing it. ( Which I wish it did, hate that thing lol ) Great news however, the TB 0.38 doesn't seem to want to catch my mole. Of course, I was trying to be careful around there to not do so, it just seems to want to glide over it for the most part. So thats another win in the book for the TB 0.38!

I'm actually happy that you have this razor! I managed to find a post from you, where you told other's that you were planning to use this razor this week I guess it was. I want you to go ahead and do so, and provide your report, cause I want to see what you think of its performance, as well as the way it looks. Yeah, I am going to have to agree with you Kim, I think that the scalloped caps act similar to an double open comb razor.

In that the scalloped cap allows it to glide easier. Only time the TB 0.38 offered me real resistance, was when it removed all the lather off my face, then it didn't want to glide anymore. But I should tell you that the Rex Ambassador is far worse, I have the older model of that razor, and its notorious for being a rough shaver, it just sucks itself to your skin like a vacuum, and wants to eat your face for dinner. I think its well named, Rex, as in T-Rex the dinosaour? Crunch! OMG, my face! HAHA.

Also too, I truly believe how can you beat that price point...138 for a bronze, cnc'ed, usa build tool?
I would love to buy and try.
But my Razor Farm still needs to be Jenny Craig'ed....

Great Review S W C T !

BFX

I totally agree with you there. When you have a family of machinists who operate using the CNC method of manufacturing to tight tolerances, you end up with an amazingly built tool. I even noticed that the handle threads onto the head of the razor, with the same level of precision, that the TI95's do! They do need to do a better job with their polishing standards though, because the TI95 was polished to a higher standard, but then again, my TI95 kitted out the way I did, was like 3-times more expensive lol.

So I agree with you, at this price point, getting this quality, that can't be beat IMO! Hey, no excuses now, I want you to get this razor, unless your planning to date Jenny Craig, I suggest you make your razor selection Timeless, with Timeless. HEHE 😁 Glad you appreciated my review, its always a lot of work writing these, and doing all the pictures, my hope is that it pays off by helping other's, to make smart purchasing decisions.

:pipe:
Hmm, what to say… for a first review, this isn’t nearly spastic or hyperbolic enough! Where’s that youtoober spirit, you got sell it regardless of reality.

Alright so you got exactly what you paid for and it is good. It is shiny and enjoyable to look at and it shaves well enough, when not pushed. So it’s like every Timeless razor, a quiet overachiever, but unlike the others this one won’t bite… hopefully! I still have reservations about that low gap, but if you can keep the correct angle, it could be magic on a one day beard. Now you have no excuse not to shave every day! 😁:shifty::devil:

There is my buddy with supreme refinement! I super appreciate you stopping on by, I am humbled! 🙇‍♂️

Yeah, I'd like to think that I have more self respect and dignity, than those YouTubers who aim to get free equipment, for a perfectly positive review. It always bother's me when YouTubers won't say a bad thing about a product. I've even caught some of the most popular YouTube wet shavers, who sense a disturbance in the force, for the razor is not quite measuring up to what they expected, and instead of just saying what it is in plain English, they will just say, "I don't know about this one guys, might have to try this again at a later date." I am like what? Just say it! What is the issue! Oh my goodness, can't anger the razor manufacture, so can't be clear about the issue, gotta step tow around it like a child who fears getting a beating, if they say the wrong thing in front of their parents.

Your going to get a lot more honesty from me bro, then a YouTube influencer, I can tell you that much! Yep, I would agree, I think I got exactly what I paid for, which is far better then the cheap Zamick razors! Yup, I agree, the razor is beautiful as heck, and shaves pretty decent, but like many razors, it does have its limitations yes. I like the way you put that, a quiet overachiever, nice! Yes, the gap forces this to be a 1-day to 2-day whisker shaver. And you got to be mindful to make sure you pull your skin with the other hand, to expose the low flat lying whiskers that this razor will not slice off without you pulling your skin.

This is true, I always have an excuse don't I? But thats the beauty of having multiple razors, some mild, some medium, and some totally aggressive, as in, this was not your pops razor aggressive HAHA! I still to this day find it fascinating how the Gillette Fatboy, when turned up to setting level 9, is still not as aggressive as the Merkur Futur or Rex Ambassador turned up to level 6. Thank you so much for your post, I really appreciate it. Glad you like my new razor.

PS: Many folks who thought the same way as you do, and bought the TB 0.78 instead, ended up regretting it. Its far too aggressive for most people. And I have seen YouTube wet shavers actually be honest about that one, and talk about how one day it completely tore up their face, and they wanted to sell it right after. Unless your like super aggressive razors that wanna tear your face off, I suggest staying away from the TB 0.78 razor, and get the TB 0.38 razor instead. Just my opinion, YMMV

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
! I still have reservations about that low gap, but if you can keep the correct angle, it could be magic on a one day beard.

Dont underestimate the Bronze due to the low gap. I found it just as efficient as the 68, if not more. The gap has less to do with the razor’s effectiveness than most people realize.

Thanks Brad! WOW, you were an early adopter, hopefully there were not any bugs at the time with the manufacturing. Being that all Timeless razors are hand made in their own family machine shop, I would assume that there were no huge issues with them. I just wished that they polished these razors with more precision. Glad you loved the razor as well, and I agree with your assessment of unique feel. ;)

Nope. No issues. Never had any issues with Timeless. Great company.

Congratulations Chris, glad you like the razor. The Bronze .38 is unique and beautiful!
Very good review!
About the finish:
I don't know if you bought it new or scratch & dent!
If it was scratch & dent, of course no returns or warranty. But if it was new, it should be perfect!
And Timeless will take care of you if that's the case!
When I bought mine, the difference in price between the scratch & dent and new was minimal so I chose new.
And mine came absolutely immaculate in every respect! So if you bought new, yours should be perfect too and I'd have them replace it!

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Congratulations Chris, glad you like the razor. The Bronze .38 is unique and beautiful! Very good review!

Thank you so much! 😊

I don't know if you bought it new or scratch & dent!

I bought it brand new. ;)

If it was scratch & dent, of course no returns or warranty. But if it was new, it should be perfect!

I agree it should be perfect. But I feel like I have a vague memory of possibly reading something on their page, stating that the cap wasn't polished to perfection.

When I bought mine, the difference in price between the scratch & dent and new was minimal so I chose new.

And thats exactly the decision that I made, and how I made it as well. Its in my humble opinion, that Timeless should be selling the Scratch & Dent razors for much less money then they are asking. I was literally looking at like a 10-dollar difference between used and new. So I chose new, because I was looking for best quality I could get.

And mine came absolutely immaculate in every respect! So if you bought new, yours should be perfect too and I'd have them replace it!

Well, take a look at my pictures, does the quality you see match up with your own? Or do you most certainly feel that my razor is less polished then yours? And yeah see thats the problem, after the ordeal I just went through, the likely chance of me wanting to send the razor back for replacement is 0%. Besides, I actually shared one of my pictures with Timeless in my email response to them, providing me the tracking number far too late. If they had noticed something wrong with the razor, I would have expected them to speak up about it no?

Additionally, next month I will be buying a recommended by Timeless, bronze polishing kit. It is possible I might be able to polish it up more. But I will only do a polishing on the razor when its time to do so, not while its still new and shinny looking. I do not like patina, and I don't want look at a turned green razor, so I will maintain the shine at all costs, or I will die trying. lol!

One last thing @LRod I am going to have my 2nd shave with it tonight, I will be mowing down 2-day whiskers this time, and I am going to be using hot water in the basin, as hot as I can stand it. I will wash my face with the hot water first, then shave with the hot water. Hoping that it will soften my course whiskers enough to notice a shaving performance change. I will still be using my PAA pre-shave cube though.

I'll make my report on that shave in this thread later, probably going to be passed midnight though, so don't wait up if you don't feel like it. I do late evening shaves, because I have more time available to me, and it just feels more comfortable for me. If I try to shave in the morning, then I feel like I got to speed up, and thus I would be using a shave stick and a Henson AL13 razor instead for quick shaving. I rather just shave in the evening, plus its more relaxing and enjoyable that way.

Well, take a look at my pictures, does the quality you see match up with your own? Or do you most certainly feel that my razor is less polished then yours? And yeah see thats the problem, after the ordeal I just went through, the likely chance of me wanting to send the razor back for replacement is 0%. Besides, I actually shared one of my pictures with Timeless in my email response to them, providing me the tracking number far too late. If they had noticed something wrong with the razor, I would have expected them to speak up about it no?

Additionally, next month I will be buying a recommended by Timeless, bronze polishing kit. It is possible I might be able to polish it up more. But I will only do a polishing on the razor when its time to do so, not while its still new and shinny looking. I do not like patina, and I don't want look at a turned green razor, so I will maintain the shine at all costs, or I will die trying. lol!
It's hard to tell with a picture Chris! And then again, I guess it can be subjective!
Meaning that maybe what I see as perfect, you don't or vice-versa. It's tough!
Listen, if it makes you happy as is, that's what counts. And you can polish it as you say.
I polished mine as soon as I saw the patina starting to come alive. I don't like it as well!
And you don't need the polishing kit. Buy some Wenol, Flitz or Simichrome
and a couple of microfiber cloths with some swabs and you'll be good!
Mine is so shiny that I can see my face on it:)

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Second Shave With Bronze Beauty!

IMG_5619.JPG

( 1 ) 2-Day Whisker Shave ( Mid-Week Shave ) ( Wednesday Evening Shave )
( 2 ) Hot Water Prep, Hot Water Shave, Western Freedom Water Cold Rinse
( 3 ) Face Washed With Stirling Bath Soap, PAA Pre-Shave Ice 2.0 Cube Used
( 4 ) Wizamet Super Iridium Blade 2nd Use!
( 5 ) Stirling Hot Apple Cider Shave Soap Used
( 6 ) Thayers Lemon Witch Hazel Used
( 7 ) Duke Cannon Ice Aftershave Balm Used
( 8 ) Stirling 125G Alum Block Used
( 9 ) Zenith Blue Chubby 28mm Manchurian Badger Brush Used

( 10 ) Cayuen Workshop Dark Nebula Shave Bowl Used

Goodness, was this an adventure! So I had high hopes for this shave, but much like apple pie, they were high in the sky. The good news is, when I did my first WTG passes, they went smoother then before, no doubt because I had 1-day less whisker growth, but most likely, because I had softened my whiskers up a bit using hot water, instead of cold water. But just like the last time I shaved with it, it still left a lot of uncut whiskers in the first passes, which to be honest, is a bit disappointing.

After I re-lathered, I began my XTG passes, I did both directions, left to right, right to left. Once again, it blew my mind how much whiskers were left behind in the first passes, and even still, after doing my XTG passes, there were still low lying whiskers, that it was just refusing to slice off. The razor also moved less smooth in the XTG passes. Could have been due to the fact that I only use the PAA Pre-Shave cube in the first WTG passes. Suffice to say, I was lest impressed this time around. Also, I got next to nothing in the DTG passes for my neck.

After I re-lathered, I began my ATG passes. As expected, the ATG passes went as smoothly as the WTG passes, and this time there was a little less resistance, which was nice. I truly thought the razor was going to get more of the whiskers on my neck in this pass, but it did not, which required a mandatory buffing regimen later in the shave. When I did ATG on my face, cheeks, chin, moostash, it was taking bloody forever, because it continued to keep missing whiskers, and even when I was pulling my skin this time around, I had one heck of a time trying to get all the whiskers to achieve a true BBS shave.

I literally had to re-lather my entire face and neck a 4th time, in order to do my buffing passes. And after so much work in the shave, I finally managed what I would consider an BBS shave, and even my neck is pretty much BBS for the most part. I gained a couple more weepers yet again, and this time while buffing, I did nick my mole. When I applied the alum block, as expected, once again, serious levels of feedback all over the place, but it was able to put a stop to the capillary bleeding.

Folks, I can keep using this razor over and over again, but a good scientists doesn't repeat the same experiment over and over expecting different results. So the way that I feel about this razor is a mixed bag, and I am going to revise some of my early opinions. So lets list them and get this report over with...

What this razor is not for:

( 1 ) This razor is not really for folks who have course whiskers, the gap is just too small.
( 2 ) This razor is not for folks who always chase after a BBS, you will get skin irritation and weepers by the time you get there.
( 3 ) This razor is not for folks who do 2-day whisker shaves or greater, unless you have super thin soft easy to cut whiskers however.

What this razor is for:

( 1 ) This razor is really for folks who have thin easy to cut whiskers, and beginners where the small gap helps.
( 2 ) This razor is for folks who only do a 1 to 2 pass shave, and only chase a DFS shave.
( 3 ) This razor is really meant to be a daily shaving razor for a lot of folks out there.

My final thoughts:

I am somebody who always chases after an BBS shave, because I have OCD, and I love the feeling of my skin being glass smooth when I touch it, or when I am resting my head on my pillow. Having said that however, the process I have to go through, in order to get there, is just completely unreasonable with this razor. The amount of work I have to go through, in order to get the razor to cut the last single file directional whiskers near my ears, ( side burn area ) is just absolutely unreasonable.

If I could get myself to aim for a DFS shave, and just do say 1-single WTG pass, and just try to get as many whiskers gone in just 1 set of WTG passes, then this razor would be more acceptable in performance. The reality is folks, the gap of this razor is just too darn small of a gap, it doesn't allow the razor to get the low flat lying whiskers at all, and even when I pull my skin, I got to work like hell in order to get them, going every which way in direction, and its just too much.

But you know whats funny? The blades positive exposure, despite being a mild razor, can nick you if you arn't careful, its out there fellas, its fully present, and at the ready to phaser a nick into your skin. Usually the only time that I was at risk of doing that due to the positive blade exposure, was when I was at the lower part of my neck, where it meets my chest, be really careful with your angle as you sweep upwards, or sweep downwards there.

I told you earlier that this is a mixed bag, which means I have something positive to say. Despite this razors issues for me, I still love this razor. The razor is so beautiful in its shinny gold color, pretty spiral handle, and unique scalloped top cap, I can't but help to still love it. As a shaving razor, it might not be what I had hoped, but as a decorative piece in the shave den, its earned its right to stay in my den, and on my stand. You are all aware, where my Feather AS-D2 ended up, boxed up for all eternity.

Next time I shave, I am going to try and get myself to only do WTG passes. I know feeling whiskers while applying aftershave is going to drive my OCD freaking mad. But I just want to see, if I can bloody get some WTG passes only in, and see if I can even achieve a solid DFS shave without any further passes. I really want this razor to be more then just some decorative piece in my shave den, I really want to continue using it. But unlike YouTube influencors who always lie to sell a product, I am going to tell you it straight. But as it is with everything in this traditional wet shaving hobby, what doesn't work great for me, may work for you. Because we are all different YMMV.

🌟🌟🌟 out of 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

IMG_5637.JPG

Sorry to hear about your less than wonderful shave from the Timeless Bronze, @Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker.
I got mine a short time before you, and have had 5 stellar shaves with it. I find it very efficient and fully capable of BBS shaves.
One thing to watch with this razor is soap build up blocking the narrow gap, causing cutting action to cease. Too thick lather will do it very quickly. Thinner lather and rinsing often will remedy that issue.
Maybe a different blade would be in order, because, IMO, it's a razor that will perform very well.
Surely you'll get it figured out.
As usual, YMMV.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Nice review. The .38 Bronze is/was my favorite of the Timeless razors...and I've tried them all. It is indeed a beauty. Hope it gives you many years of enjoyment. Happy shaves.

Thank you. If I can fully figure this razor out, and crack the code to the Rubex Cube, I too hope it will provide me many great years of enjoyment lol.

Outstanding review!! Lovely razor, especially after polishing!! :thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1:

Thank you so very much BigJ! Your enthusiasm in appreciation for my review, is well, greatly appreciated. And yes, I have plans to dispatch the polish with great dispatch, and bring on the shine. I've never polished a razor before, so it should be interesting lol.

Might you please post a link to the specifics of this "kit."

Welcome back Mr. Burgh! Timeless uses "Bar Keepers Friend, Soft Cleanser" And you can use any micro fiber cloth to polish with, you could buy what they sell, but Amazon also has oodles of micro fiber cloths to choose from, and I do believe Amazon also carries the cleaning polish too.
1695323253194.png
1695323438201.png

The polish is safe to use for all these surfaces...
Screenshot from 2023-09-21 12-13-20.png

Additionally, Timeless also went on to say, that you can also
use Brasso metal polish, see the image of the bottle to see
all that it is safe for, pretty much all the same metals though.

1695323908582.png

Sorry to hear about your less than wonderful shave from the Timeless Bronze, @Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker.
I got mine a short time before you, and have had 5 stellar shaves with it. I find it very efficient and fully capable of BBS shaves.
One thing to watch with this razor is soap build up blocking the narrow gap, causing cutting action to cease. Too thick lather will do it very quickly. Thinner lather and rinsing often will remedy that issue.
Maybe a different blade would be in order, because, IMO, it's a razor that will perform very well.
Surely you'll get it figured out.
As usual, YMMV.

Hello Kix, thanks for stopping on by. Yeah, I was honestly hoping for better, but I think I set my sights too high, and expected a little too much. I am happy that you have had 5 stellar shaves with it, that is excellent. I too have been wondering if a blade change would yield greater results. Its classically known that, the milder the razor, the sharper the blade you need.

I've been wondering if a Feather blade would work better. But I am hesitant to start using those blades, as they are considerably costly for even the smaller 50 packs. And I generally can only get maybe 2 to 3 shaves per Feather blade, as they have poor edge retention, but supreme sharpness obviously. Eventually down the road I will probably test with a Feather blade.

But if it turns out that the Feather blades work better in the razor, God help my poor wallet, cause buying Feather blades, burns a hole in your wallet faster then you can say, Super Calla Fragalistic, Expy Alla Docious. lol

Chris, I was also saddened to read your less than stellar results from the Bronze 0.38. I’ve had much better luck with mine. I found it about equal to the Timeless Ti 0.68 in efficiency. I get 12 hour shaves from both of them.

Yeah the experience totally sucks, and not what I had expected. My previous shave went slightly better, but still was a bit of blood loss. I don't know what to tell ya man. Maybe like I told Kix, I need to try a different blade. But to be perfectly honest, Wizamets are known to be literally the best DE blades made, they get raving reviews across the board, and I personally have really loved my Wizamets. But maybe this razor just needs Feather blades, IDK.

On my previous shave with this razor, I think I got 16-18 hours till I was then at a DFS, after achieving an BBS during the shave. Feeling my face now, which is is 12-hours from my most recent shave, my face still feels BBS right now. So I guess I could say thats an obvious positive, but look at how much work I had to get there? Yeah, I got to work something out to get better performance from this razor. And I am thinking its going to take a combination of changing something with the razor, as well as changing something with me.

Just get some Bics, hope they aren't fakes, and find out if sharpness does the trick! Bics are slightly narrower, which will reduce the exposure and that's not a great thing, but the added sharpness should be informative at least. Also, that slight narrower width will increase the gap slightly. I didn't think you were clogging the razor because you make your lather in a bowl, but I have to agree that your experience lines up with what happens when a razor clogs. I know this is one reason some people insist on a basin full of water to constantly swish their razor in, which isn't viable for you obviously. You might try blasting it with your spray bottle frequently!

My original recommendation was going to be using a less sharp blade and some pressure so you can buff away without irritation, but that takes learning a new technique. :devil:

Top Bottom