What's new

Menu Bar Not Functioning

Most of the menu bar functions stopped working for me today. I have circled the functions that aren’t responding in the screenshot below. A couple of them grey out when I click them, so they seem to register my click, but no action happens. So, for example, if I click on my user profile, the profile window doesn’t appear; if I click on ‘search’ the search box doesn’t appear; I can’t access my message box or see my notifications, or open the site menu.

I don’t think in this case it is ads blocking the page - it does still register that I clicked on the icons, but they just don’t operate. I am not a contributor, though.

I am using an iPad (iOS) and my browser is Safari.

A571103B-B40A-4B87-8158-639EABCE1706.jpeg

Strange, I cannot edit my post either. When I try it blanks out my post in the editor.

I was just going to add that I have refreshed many times and this didn’t help.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Strange, I cannot edit my post either. When I try it blanks out my post in the editor.

I was just going to add that I have refreshed many times and this didn’t help.
I assume this is on a mobile device. I just checked on my Samsung phone and have no issues with those menu items, they seem to respond fine and I am able to edit my post.
I know this sounds like a broken record, but I suggest trying to clear cookies and cache in your mobile browser. Subtle changes in link addressing could be causing the error.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Anyone who has ever used a computer will tell you that the quickest way to get something fixed is to draw it to someone else's attention. BAM... that's it. Just by letting someone know, the problem magically fixes itself, as when the IT help comes to look, the problem mysteriously doesn't occur anymore.

reboot GIF

Works for me. And I prefer to eat the cookies.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Most of the menu bar functions stopped working for me today. I have circled the functions that aren’t responding in the screenshot below. A couple of them grey out when I click them, so they seem to register my click, but no action happens. So, for example, if I click on my user profile, the profile window doesn’t appear; if I click on ‘search’ the search box doesn’t appear; I can’t access my message box or see my notifications, or open the site menu.

I don’t think in this case it is ads blocking the page - it does still register that I clicked on the icons, but they just don’t operate. I am not a contributor, though.

I am using an iPad (iOS) and my browser is Safari.

View attachment 1746207
Same exact problem for me today, one week after this, and then mysteriously resolved itself a few hours later, too! Chrome.

This happened to me today, using Chrome on an iPhone. In case it helps someone else, clearing cached images and files, and cookies and site data, fixed it for me.

I’m so glad I wasn’t hallucinating. It was weird to be the only person experiencing this. Anyway, after the issue went away, it has not happened again for me so far.

Happened to me this morning on my iPhone using Safari. Clearing the history and cookies fixed it for me as well.

Works the same way mysterious car sounds work. To fix, take the car to a mechanic and they will immediately disappear. Or, with B&B, become a contributor. Voila’ instant fix.

Top Bottom