What's new

Contest- What's its got in its boxess?

Found this in the wild today. Have not seen one like, so let's see how good you guys are. First one to guess specifically what safety razor came in this box wins a prize to be determined in the sole discretion of me, the OP, in consultation with the winner. If no one guesses correctly, silly me- it took just a few minutes to get three excellent answers!

The box measure 2" wide and 2" deep with the hinges and ~5/8" high. One side of the box has a hammered finish and the other perpendicular lines.

Good Luck! Here are the pictures:

Attachments

• $DSCF1108.jpg
    $DSCF1108.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 145
  • $DSCF1109.jpg
    $DSCF1109.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Okay, you guys are close enough. It is actually a four piece travel slant not marked with a brand on the razor or any other markings. But, the case is marked Merkur Soligen Germany. xillion, bakerbarber and Copierguy are all close enough to win!!! Less than a minute, I am indeed impressed. I will post the razor pictures in a couple of minutes. PM me wiht your addresses and what is your favorite type of safety razor, DE, SE Gem or Valet- and some blades will be on their way! Maybe next time I will just throw a towel over the case and let you guess- you would probably get it anyway!

Last edited:
I am indeed impressed. I thought the contest would last a little while! Here are some pictures of what was in the box and I think is the actual Merkur four piece slant travel razor, although Merkur manufactured all of the brands listed.:

Attachments

• $DSCF1116.jpg
    $DSCF1116.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 131
  • $DSCF1115.jpg
    $DSCF1115.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 130
  • $DSCF1111.jpg
    $DSCF1111.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 131
  • $DSCF1113.jpg
    $DSCF1113.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Great razor Richard. That slant head is a fantastic shaver.

I thought it was cute and the guy at the junk store thought it was bent and asked me if I could fix it. I explained that it was supposed to be that way, but I am not sure they really believed me. I have never shaved with this variant, it will interesting to try. I will throw a Feather in and see what she can do.

that is great how much?

Oh, I gave him $10 for it, since I knew it was a Merkur slant once I opened it up and took a look at the razor. It was the case that had me stumped- I had no idea of what the travel cases looked like. Obviously, there are folks here far better and faster than I at IDing out there. The head will fit on a lot of different handles, so I will attach the head to different handle to test it out.

I will see if I have another odd cased travel or other razor and post it for folks to guess at the make in the next couple of days.

Top Bottom