What's new

Very mild yet efficient non boutique razor recommendation for a long term DE user with reactive/sensitive skin

You've described your needs very well. My answer to your question is the Razorock Game Changer .68 safety bar razor.
If you decide to loosen up the budget, Tatara Masamune.

Here you have the answer. The Tatara is more expensive but is very well made and has a somewhat more modern design. Now they have a 25% discount for Black Friday, it's a good excuse to go for it.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
The Yaqi is rather aggressive even with the Kai mild blades in my experience
Where you using the Protouch or just the naked Kai mild blades. I used the Protouch guarded blades in my AC Shavette and it was like night and Day difference in comfort compared to a naked edged blade and performance was great. You will see lots of folks using the Feather or Kai guarded blades in aggressive razors that they payed a lot of $money for and are happy campers using them is what I noticed.
According to Feather and Kai manufactures they are the best blades they can offer for performance and comfort has been my limited research.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Where you using the Protouch or just the naked Kai mild blades. I used the Protouch guarded blades in my AC Shavette and it was like night and Day difference in comfort compared to a naked edged blade and performance was great. You will see lots of folks using the Feather or Kai guarded blades in aggressive razors that they payed a lot of $money for and are happy campers using them is what I noticed.
According to Feather and Kai manufactures they are the best blades they can offer for performance and comfort has been my limited research.
I have all the AC blades available on hand except the Schick Prolines that didn’t like me. Larry / @LRod bought the two packages, I had, minus the couple blades I tried.

Like you, I do much better with both the guarded blades, even in my AC safety razors, though they are designed for barber razors.

Edit: I used my Claymore Evo for my first 5 and 1/2 months of my wet shaving journey so I’m a bit partial to that format. I do love my DE razors but I had to learn new techniques for them.

I tried the CAPTAIN TITAN PRO TOUCH MG and Kai TITAN MILD.

I admit though for my skin I need mild razors. The 1904 open comb, feather as-d2 so far have been excellent for me. Obviously what works for one, won’t for another. If OP has very sensitive skin, I’d have to think he’d fair better off things similar to my skin.

Last edited:
Top Bottom