What's new

Yates: Top Quality Razor, Top Notch Customer Service

I was looking for something new to try and after research decided on a Yates 921-M. I ordered and received my order in a timely fashion. Upon receipt, I'm not sure how you could find better quality. I'm not saying the best (though it may very well be) but nothing better. However, I made a few mistakes upon order including not adding the engraving and ordering the stubby handle. I contacted Jake and he immediately replied telling me he would send me a longer version of the smaller diameter handle and giving me options to get an engraved M plate.

I didn't expect the options that were immediately given to me in order to make me happy. I've dealt with several other highly regarded razor manufacturers and some Customer Service is okay and non-existent with others.

Thanks Jake! Best experience I've had with high end razors!

I was looking for something new to try and after research decided on a Yates 921-M. I ordered and received my order in a timely fashion. Upon receipt, I'm not sure how you could find better quality. I'm not saying the best (though it may very well be) but nothing better. However, I made a few mistakes upon order including not adding the engraving and ordering the stubby handle. I contacted Jake and he immediately replied telling me he would send me a longer version of the smaller diameter handle and giving me options to get an engraved M plate.

I didn't expect the options that were immediately given to me in order to make me happy. I've dealt with several other highly regarded razor manufacturers and some Customer Service is okay and non-existent with others.

Thanks Jake! Best experience I've had with high end razors!

You can have best product in the world, or in universe. But with out customer service, and support. The novelty of your product will wear off as soon as problem can not be resolved. Corporate America don't like PROBLEMS, they disguise importance call em issues.

Yates is awesome!
I ordered a stainless SB "H" with a custom handle (last month) and then decided that I wanted it brass. A week into it, I emailed him to see if they could make the change and he made it happen. I believe I got my custom order in like 2 weeks which is very fair. I then ordered a brass open comb "M" baseplate and that one arrived in a week. Despite the fact that they are small and have a limited amount of employee's, they take care of the customer.

Chiming in on this thread also...

I think I have found (for me) a perfect DE razor, the stainless steel Yates 921 with the scalloped "H" plate. I used the BYOR ("build your own razor") ordering option and received the razor in 3 weeks. However, I noticed that the baseplate wasn't engraved with the "H" notation. I emailed Jake Yates using the support address asking if this was expected. He replied, same day, that I had omitted the engraving from the order but offered to do the engraving at no charge if I sent the plate to him.

In other words, it was my mistake in the ordering process, but Jake took care of it anyway, for free, and sent it right back to me.

IME, Yates provides top notch quality and top notch service!

Top Bottom