What's new

The Association of Yates Owners - AYO

Well I was growing concerned because my razor vanished from the queue updates after last Friday. Thursday it was in hand finishing, the next day was logo engraving and then poof... nothing.

So I emailed Tuesday and received a response back in less than 3 hours. They apologized and said since I had requested the razor be shipped in the tin presentation box and they were out of stock on Friday, they had set the razor aside to wait for more tins. Luckily, they got more on Tuesday and shipped mine out. That was the third email exchange I had with Yates since I placed my order and I received timely, respectful responses each time.

Anyway, my 921-EH arrived today
20240418_150646.jpg

I'm still in Vintage April so first use may have to wait another week, although I am sorely tempted to use it on Saturday for my daughter's wedding.

The titanium Merica is an awesome razor. I really noticed the excellent audio feedback in tonight's head shave, it's one of those razors that guide you with sound. The Tatara blades I'm trying out seem to pair really well with it.

Attachments

• 1000017792.jpg
    1000017792.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
I started out with the 921-EH straight bar plate then added the Merica Handle. After time I decided to get the scalloped bar EH Plate. I got very curious about Open Combs so I ordered the OC EH plate in brass that I have been waiting on since early March. I think it will look good with the stainless. I’m contemplating getting an all brass Merica razor just to have a brass secondary razor and I admit I have a problem as well. I can’t get enough of this wet shaving life!

I do have the original Yates 921 3.75” handle and straight bar EH plate all in stainless if anyone is looking for those. The Merica handle and scalloped eh plate have become my regular use. I can’t wait to see how the OC plate feels. I am a head and face shaver.

Just recited my two new posted today. I was pretty far down the list when the titanium shortage happened. I would imagine that the list should clear at a normal pace now.

I started out with the 921-EH straight bar plate then added the Merica Handle. After time I decided to get the scalloped bar EH Plate. I got very curious about Open Combs so I ordered the OC EH plate in brass that I have been waiting on since early March. I think it will look good with the stainless. I’m contemplating getting an all brass Merica razor just to have a brass secondary razor and I admit I have a problem as well. I can’t get enough of this wet shaving life!

I do have the original Yates 921 3.75” handle and straight bar EH plate all in stainless if anyone is looking for those. The Merica handle and scalloped eh plate have become my regular use. I can’t wait to see how the OC plate feels. I am a head and face shaver.
I've been using the 921-EH OC for over a year. I finally ordered a scalloped plate. I love my OC but there are days when I need something between my H plate and my OC. I'm hoping that this new plate fits that place. I am also a head shaver. The EH is too much but the H is perfect. I have also found that on my head, a Shark (blade) is excellent! It doesn't work well at all on my face though.

I was about to pull the trigger on a Yates 921 ti with an EH plate, and then the BYOR was unavailable. Later in the week, the Aylsworth Drakkant ti was back up for purchase and went with that. Since it was made by Yates, is it still considered a Yates razor? I'll get that 921 eventually...

I was about to pull the trigger on a Yates 921 ti with an EH plate, and then the BYOR was unavailable. Later in the week, the Aylsworth Drakkant ti was back up for purchase and went with that. Since it was made by Yates, is it still considered a Yates razor? I'll get that 921 eventually...
Not sure it would technically be a Yates razor since it was designed by Aylsworth but one thing is for sure, the Drakkant Ti is a great shaver. Efficient but smooth and gorgeous in appearance. I think you'll be quite satisfied. :thumbsup:

I'm a new guy here on B&B and new to wet shaving. I started with a Ralf Aust SR, but soon realized this was a bit of a reach. I bought a Goodfellas' Smile Bayonetta to use on my head and to touch up my face after the SR - I mean really touch up after the SR shave. I like the Bayonetta but I've heard so many good things about the Yates Winning, I think it might the choice for me for a head shaving razor. I also like the fact that it's family operation here in the USA. So, I pulled the trigger and I'm on the one to three week waiting list.

I'm a new guy here on B&B and new to wet shaving. I started with a Ralf Aust SR, but soon realized this was a bit of a reach. I bought a Goodfellas' Smile Bayonetta to use on my head and to touch up my face after the SR - I mean really touch up after the SR shave. I like the Bayonetta but I've heard so many good things about the Yates Winning, I think it might the choice for me for a head shaving razor. I also like the fact that it's family operation here in the USA. So, I pulled the trigger and I'm on the one to three week waiting list.
Welcome to B&B. I think you'll be happy with your new Yates.

The BYOR finally opened up! I ordered the 921 stonewashed with the scalloped EH plate. It appears that I'm late to the party as the queue is in the 300+ range. There was also a note on one of the orders "waiting for Ti to arrive". I'm hoping this won't take months to see a shipping notification! 😅

IMG_3326.JPG

Still getting used to the Winning and how to hold it, and despite some user errors (not hydrating the lather enough, some weepers under the lip), I still got a BBS shave.

Top Bottom