What's new

The Association of Yates Owners - AYO

Hello all,
I think it's high time that the small group of us devoted Yates users band together as a collective in support of our beloved Yates Precision Machine razors.
We might be a small faction of wet shavers but our loyalty is quite steadfast in face of the myriad of options out in our larger community. I have read numerous posts lately heaping much praise on YPM and feel it's time to unite. Below is my collection of Yates tools with the exception of one tin of soap that I purchased as one time. I also have 2 additional 921 plates that are on order. Join me in solidarity! The initials A-Y-O can be used as an acronym for this group, but it is also a English slang term for greetings. I think it's appropriate :)

20240322_130710.jpg

I'm still waiting to receive my 921 razor but find it very good idea.
In fact here is too little about Yates razors. In Europe particularly it is almost unknown brand for many.
We can help to change it.

WThomas0814

Ditto, ditto
I'm still waiting to receive my 921 razor but find it very good idea.
In fact here is too little about Yates razors. In Europe particularly it is almost unknown brand for many.
We can help to change it.
My order is 4545, they 4296 is at the top of the queue list. Mines going to be a while. where do you stand?

WThomas0814

Ditto, ditto
Hello all,
I think it's high time that the small group of us devoted Yates users band together as a collective in support of our beloved Yates Precision Machine razors.
We might be a small faction of wet shavers but our loyalty is quite steadfast in face of the myriad of options out in our larger community. I have read numerous posts lately heaping much praise on YPM and feel it's time to unite. Below is my collection of Yates tools with the exception of one tin of soap that I purchased as one time. I also have 2 additional 921 plates that are on order. Join me in solidarity! The initials A-Y-O can be used as an acronym for this group, but it is also a English slang term for greetings. I think it's appropriate :)

View attachment 1816557
I’ll be adding AYO to my signature line. Great idea, mate!

The Winning Razor was my first successful DE razor in nurturing an old-guy-new-to-wet-shaving, non-cartridge hobby. I vividly recall emails with Jake, asking what might be the distinctions/advantages of the 921 over TWR.

My polished 921 (now with an H plate) holds a regular rotation position with a Karve Overlander (brass) and Lambda Athena (bronze). That, in itself, speaks volumes about the 921: Under publicized but over performer.

Yates on!

The Winning Razor was my first successful DE razor in nurturing an old-guy-new-to-wet-shaving, non-cartridge hobby. I vividly recall emails with Jake, asking what might be the distinctions/advantages of the 921 over TWR.

My polished 921 (now with an H plate) holds a regular rotation position with a Karve Overlander (brass) and Lambda Athena (bronze). That, in itself, speaks volumes about the 921: Under publicized but over performer.

Yates on!
AYO!

1000016937.jpg

This was yesterday's shave, my first with the titanium Merica (my first with any Yates razor). Really impressed! Intuitive, safe and close head+neck shave. Used a sharp blade (Kai) but no irritation or weepers from 3 passes with some clean up. Excellent ATG pass!

It's been mentioned before, but this handle is awesome. Short, light and very manueverable over my head. The magnet on the bottom is a very nice touch, making the removal of blade super fast and safe. Thought it was a little gimmicky before trying it, but it is quite useful if you're removing the blade after each shave.

I ordered the 921 EH head in SS a while back, looking forward to trying it out too.

WThomas0814

Ditto, ditto
View attachment 1817991

This was yesterday's shave, my first with the titanium Merica (my first with any Yates razor). Really impressed! Intuitive, safe and close head+neck shave. Used a sharp blade (Kai) but no irritation or weepers from 3 passes with some clean up. Excellent ATG pass!

It's been mentioned before, but this handle is awesome. Short, light and very manueverable over my head. The magnet on the bottom is a very nice touch, making the removal of blade super fast and safe. Thought it was a little gimmicky before trying it, but it is quite useful if you're removing the blade after each shave.

I ordered the 921 EH head in SS a while back, looking forward to trying it out too.
That handle is SO much nicer than the 921. I’m eagerly awaiting my 921 Titanium; I’m 95% certain I’ll be ordering a Ti ‘Mercia handle for it. Seems silly that the ‘Merica handle isn’t an available option for the BYOR.

Top Bottom