What's new

Wow! Just . . . WOW! (And a bit of moral clarity . . . )

Just shaved with that 1958 Gillette. (Wilkinson Sword blades, until I can get something better.)

Not being a smoker, I never understood why the FDA wants to ban menthol cigarettes.

But now? I think maybe I understand.

i’m getting ready for the evening stuff, and just shaved. (Face AND scalp!)

I don’t yet have what I want (wanted?) for shaving soap, so I just put some Dr. Bronner’s Peppermint Castille in a camp mug and worked up a lather with the brush.

Ahem.

I may now need to go to Confession; this could be a near occasion of sin.

If menthol cigarettes make your lungs feel anything like my face and scalp feel right now, there is no way you could ever convince me anything other than that I not only enjoyed them, but that they were actively good for my health.

I feel like knocking around a few ad-men.

Wow.

I don’t yet have what I want (wanted?) for shaving soap, so I just put some Dr. Bronner’s Peppermint Castille in a camp mug and worked up a lather with the brush.
Since you mentioned lathering with Bronner’s Castille soap, have you tried adding a bit of Bronner’s Hand and Body Lotion? I used Bronner’s shave soap for a while and was pretty disappointed until I decided to try adding the lotion. In my opinion it was a big improvement.

BTW, I use the peppermint diluted with water as an all purpose cleaner. It works very well and seems to discourage ants. But sometimes when spraying the counters I’ll get some of the mist up my nose, and like you, Wow… but not in a good way!

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Wait till you discover that you can buy menthol crystals and a cheap salt grinder and make every soap mentholated! :w00t:

B&B enabler reporting for duty sir!

proxy.php

Oh my sweet menthol crystals!

proxy.php

Ooooo, whats this?

proxy.php

I appear to be filling it up with menthol crystals!

proxy.php

Loaded...Ready To Grind!

When you take your first giant leap into adding menthol to your shaving diet, a world of wonders open up to you. I am a proud menthol junkie, and I wouldn't have it any other way! But like Morpheus in the Matrix, I can only show you the grinder, you have to be the one to grind it. ;)

Top Bottom