What's new

Wine of the Day - WOTD - 2023

1700246928278.png

Inaugural Post - A nice juice which is currently on sale at our supermarket. 2022 Vintage

Oh no, you are going to get me in trouble. I love a good beer, but due to carbs they have been mostly eliminated. This week was Kim Crawford’s Sauvignon blanc. Good wine for every day. My wife’s favorite is a Gewertz from Alsace France. I would like to try some high end wines, but I don’t know that my untrained pallet can really tell the difference. I have heard that a really good Bordeaux is incredible but I am not willing to pay for it.

Wow I really thought there was a wine thread, whaddya know… finished the second half of this bottle off tonight; the first two I had were awesome for the price ($13 at the local wine store) but this was a little disappointing, hopefully the others I have are more in line with the earlier bottles.
IMG_0834.jpeg

Oh no, you are going to get me in trouble. I love a good beer, but due to carbs they have been mostly eliminated. This week was Kim Crawford’s Sauvignon blanc. Good wine for every day. My wife’s favorite is a Gewertz from Alsace France. I would like to try some high end wines, but I don’t know that my untrained pallet can really tell the difference. I have heard that a really good Bordeaux is incredible but I am not willing to pay for it.
There are Bordeaux wines that are ridiculously expensive, but of course they are exceptional. I have a friend that brings some down fairly often, which is lovely to have available. I did work in Alsace many years ago and had more wine tours from clients (and their families) and really fell in love with all they have to offer. It is a place that should be visited to truly enjoy the wine, as there are countless small growers that just don't have the output to export, even out of the region. It's the same story here in Tuscany as well - Lots of great wines that are only available locally.

There are Bordeaux wines that are ridiculously expensive, but of course they are exceptional. I have a friend that brings some down fairly often, which is lovely to have available. I did work in Alsace many years ago and had more wine tours from clients (and their families) and really fell in love with all they have to offer. It is a place that should be visited to truly enjoy the wine, as there are countless small growers that just don't have the output to export, even out of the region. It's the same story here in Tuscany as well - Lots of great wines that are only available locally.
I love an Alsatian Gewürztraminer now and then but thank god it grows in Austria as well and is easier to procure for far less money.

If that's NYE, when do you bust out the saber?

PS. What Ah-so is that? Looks of nice quality. I don't have one or need one, but I want one.
Sabrage is an outdoor activity, at least for me ;)

The 2 prong is a classic Westmark Monopol. I looked it up on AZ it’s roundabout 14 bucks for Black Friday. I will just have a go on any natural cork that comes up to get a bit of proficiency.

I love an Alsatian Gewürztraminer now and then but thank god it grows in Austria as well and is easier to procure for far less money.
I particularly fell in love with Pinot Gris- A little less sweet than the Gewürztraminer. During my time there I also learnt that Crémant is a lovely alternative to Champagne. I live within an area that's also mostly known for white wines, and I might add, some of the best of Toscana. Also oil!

Top Bottom