What's new

Who can name Movies or TV shows that have fancy watch scenes.

Rewatched the scene on youtube. It's a Rolex knockoff at best, but the implication of what Baldwin says, "I made $970K last year .... this watch costs more than your car...." is that it's a Rolex.

Baldwin was being such a Dick tracy, very arrogant.

Then, of course there is the so-called Paul Newman Rolex Daytona Cosmograph that Paul Newman did not wear in Winning.

A Daytona sold at auction in October or November for over $1 million.

So if he did not wear it, how do you know he owns one?

Thanks for sharing [2013]Starring Gweneth Paltrow, Tim Robbins, Pink; Adam has a nice military style watch?

$vlcsnap-2013-12-28-19h14m01s49.png$vlcsnap-2013-12-28-19h14m06s104.png$vlcsnap-2013-12-28-19h15m11s225.png$vlcsnap-2013-12-28-20h09m09s86.png$vlcsnap-2013-12-28-20h09m13s141.png

I don't know that it's a fancy watch per se, but Men In Black 3 features the Hamilton Ventura as well as a nice pocket watch that Agent J inherits from his father.

I don't know that it's a fancy watch per se, but Men In Black 3 features the Hamilton Ventura as well as a nice pocket watch that Agent J inherits from his father.
Will, My Home boy from Philly, we grew up in same school basketball league and some playgrounds....now he is big time [ no pun]

niceee
proxy.php
proxy.php

He was known to own 4 or 5 of them and was photographed wearing them. Google Paul Newman Daytona for scads of info, some if conflicting. Rolex never minded the attention.
So if he did not wear it, how do you know he owns one?

Mighty Planes [2013] s/2; While chasing Hurricanes in a plane, a hunter is dispatching a wind sensor and has a TAG?....2nd scene has a black ops watch

$vlcsnap-2013-12-31-15h30m22s2.jpg$vlcsnap-2013-12-31-15h40m36s247.jpg$vlcsnap-2013-12-31-15h57m53s113.jpg$vlcsnap-2013-12-31-15h29m17s92.jpg$vlcsnap-2013-12-31-15h29m35s18.jpg

Everybody loves Raymond [2001] ; Rob loses Ray's ring vent, tries get it back with a candy bar....yellow TAG watch?

$vlcsnap-2013-12-30-06h23m34s88.png$vlcsnap-2013-12-30-06h23m50s10.png$vlcsnap-2013-12-30-12h04m15s235.png$vlcsnap-2013-12-30-12h04m19s14.png

Most of the watch enthusiast web sites have the same type of "watch in a movie" lists as we have here for razors, so it would be cheating if I went there.

If you watch a lot of the TV cooking shows, most of the cooks have really nice watches. Guy Fieri wears a Dirk Pitt Doxa often, and is advertising for Serkets now:

$faces_fieri_shades_big.jpg

Tyler Florence wears IWCs, Panarei's and Girard Perregaux's. Seems the cooks make for good watch models since their hands and wrists get lotsof TV closeup time.

My favorite watch is a Kobold. James Gandolfini was the most famous with a Kobold, but the latest is the guy that plays Steve Mcgarrett on the new Hawaii 5-0 TV show:

$Hawaii50_Luminox.jpg

Since this thread is supposed to be about movies... here's Steve Cold Stone Austin with a Kobold in Hunt to Kill:

$HuntToKill_Kobold3.jpg

And the obligatory Dirk Pitt Doxa (from Sahara, though hard to see with Penelope Cruz in that shot):

$968full-sahara-screenshot.jpg

Most of the watch enthusiast web sites have the same type of "watch in a movie" lists as we have here for razors, so it would be cheating if I went there.

If you watch a lot of the TV cooking shows, most of the cooks have really nice watches. Guy Fieri wears a Dirk Pitt Doxa often, and is advertising for Serkets now:

View attachment 398885

Tyler Florence wears IWCs, Panarei's and Girard Perregaux's. Seems the cooks make for good watch models since their hands and wrists get lotsof TV closeup time.

My favorite watch is a Kobold. James Gandolfini was the most famous with a Kobold, but the latest is the guy that plays Steve Mcgarrett on the new Hawaii 5-0 TV show:

View attachment 398886

Since this thread is supposed to be about movies... here's Steve Cold Stone Austin with a Kobold in Hunt to Kill:

View attachment 398887

And the obligatory Dirk Pitt Doxa (from Sahara, though hard to see with Penelope Cruz in that shot):

View attachment 398888
Wow, how can you tell what those watches are without a closeup shot?

Wow, how can you tell what those watches are without a closeup shot?

LOL... well, the last one is easy. Mathew is playing Dirk Pitt in Sahara (nased on a Clive Cussler book) and the Dox is called the Dirk Pitt model. :001_smile

The Kobolds are easy for me since I have one (though mine is a used Kobold Spirit of America... can't afford the ones Steve and Steve are wearing). The Fieri shot is from the Serket web site, otherwise I would have went the easy roue and dug up a shot with him wearing a Doxa (really easy to spot... orange diver with a "bullhead" like case).

I used to really be into watches until the funds dried up...

Top Bottom