What's new

What TV Series from Your Childhood do you remember?

Goatrope

Eccentric and destitute of reason
Romper Room, Howdy Doody, Lassie, The Lone Ranger, Rin Tin Tin, Captain Kangaroo, Circus Boy, the Little Rascals, The Adventures of Robin Hood... geez, I usually cannot remember what I had for breakfast. Oh yes, I was actually in the peanut gallery on Bozo the Clown one time....
Man your old!
I'll make you feel better with some of the earliest ones I can remember.
Sky King, Hopalong Cassidy, Lassie, The Mickey Mouse Club, Roy Rogers, The Lone Ranger, Popeye, The Little Rascals, The Adventures of Superman, Captain Kangaroo, Mutual of Omaha Wild Kingdom, Felix the Cat, Mighty Mouse, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Dudley Do Right, The Red Skelton Show, Flintstones and Jetsons. Funny thing is, I think my dad enjoyed watching the cartoons as much as I did.
I remember our family tradition was to gather around the TV every Sunday evening and watch The Wonderful World of Disney. Sometimes it was a movie like Swiss Family and sometimes it was cartoons like Goofy or Professor Ludwig Von Drake.
And my favorite western (I'm from Kansas): Gunsmoke. When it went off the air after 20 seasons, it was the longest running prime-time TV series.

Last edited:

Goatrope

Eccentric and destitute of reason
I've been on a cartoon binge recently and have managed to gather up a who's who list of popular cartoons from my very young, to early teen years.
Augie Doggie and Doggie Daddy (1959)
Betty Boop (1930)
Bullwinkle and Rocky (1959)
Clutch Cargo (1959)
Cool McCool (1966)
Deputy Dawg (1960)
George of the Jungle (1967)
Go Go Gophers (1966)
Heckle and Jeckle (1946)
Huckleberry Hound (1958)
Jonny Quest (1964)
Looney Tunes (1929)
Peabody`s Improbable History (1959)
Peter Potamus (1964)
Popeye the Sailor (1915)
Private Snafu (1943)
Quick Draw McGraw (1959)
Scooby Doo, Where Are You! (1969)
Snagglepuss (1961)
Superman (1941 Max Fleischer)
Tennessee Tuxedo and his Tales (1963)
The Ant and The Aardvark (1969)
The Atom Ant Show (1965)
The Beany and Cecil Show (1962)
The Beatles (1965)
The Bullwinkle Show (1959)
The Dudley Do-Right Show (1969)
The Flintstones (1960)
The Inspector (1965) (Originated with Inspector Clouseau)
The Magilla Gorilla Show (1964)
The Nearsighted Mr. Magoo (1949)
The Pink Panther (1964)
The Secret Squirrel Show (1965)
The Woody Woodpecker Show (1940)
The World of Commander McBragg (1964)
The Yogi Bear Show (1958)
Tom and Jerry (1940)
Tooter Turtle (1960)
Top Cat (1961)
Underdog (1964)
Wacky Races (1968)
Felix the Cat
Beaky Buzzard
Baby Huey
Goofy
Johnny Quest

Man your old!
I'll make you feel better with some of the earliest ones I can remember.
Sky King, Hopalong Cassidy, Lassie, The Mickey Mouse Club, Roy Rogers, The Lone Ranger, Popeye, The Little Rascals, The Adventures of Superman, Captain Kangaroo, Mutual of Omaha Wild Kingdom, Felix the Cat, Mighty Mouse, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Dudley Do Right, The Red Skelton Show, Flintstones and Jetsons. Funny thing is, I think my dad enjoyed watching the cartoons as much as I did.
I remember our family tradition was to gather around the TV every Sunday evening and watch The Wonderful World of Disney. Sometimes it was a movie like Swiss Family and sometimes it was cartoons like Goofy or Professor Ludwig Von Drake.
And my favorite western (I'm from Kansas): Gunsmoke. When it went off the air after 20 seasons, it was the longest running prime-time TV series.
Did get to stay up past WWoD to watch Bonanza?

Romper Room, Howdy Doody, Lassie, The Lone Ranger, Rin Tin Tin, Captain Kangaroo, Circus Boy, the Little Rascals, The Adventures of Robin Hood... geez, I usually cannot remember what I had for breakfast. Oh yes, I was actually in the peanut gallery on Bozo the Clown one time....

I always thought Greenjeans was just a surname
when Captain Kangaroo was in black and white.

Last edited:
The James Garner seasons of Maverick are the best in my humble opinion. Jim Rockford in the making.
Possibly the greatest episode in that series ever was Shady Deal at Sunny Acres where Bret's friends gathered around to con a dishonest banker out of the money he'd cheated Bret out of while Bret just sat there watching and distracting the townfolk from what was going on.

Top Bottom