What's new

💵 💰 💲 SOTD - “Baller WEEK” January 29th to February 4th, 2024 💵 💰 💲

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello B&Bers!

This Week’s SOTD Theme Week is all about Fancy shaving gear!

Show us your favourite fancy shaving gear including expensive soaps, rare razors, your most luxurious brushes, rare/discontinued soaps, special occasion fragrances, etc.

If a shaving item looks fancy, we want to see it regardless of cost. If you are a baller and use a Waterford or Baccarat tumbler as a shaving bowl, we want to see it! Have a gold plated or diamond encrusted razor? Let’s see that too!

If you don’t have anything you would consider fancy, post a pic of your favourite shaving setups. Or post pics of your usual SOTD or just tell us all about it. Fancy non-shaving related items incorporated into your pics works as well. A Patek Philippe or Richard Mille watch paired with Arko and a Dollarstore razor is indeed acceptable. Let’s see lots of great images this week!

As always, being creative and having fun IS mandatory but sticking with the theme is NOT mandatory but very strongly encouraged.

Let’s see your most impressive shaving items!

4A28DEFF-C8F9-4FE8-B56A-21AF0DC4050E.png

510DBAAA-0883-4A0E-A8E9-1BB085EC174B.png

D5793688-2392-45BE-8FF7-47B704DA86AB.png

01B21586-6545-4802-A81B-8FE4E668D53F.jpeg

5E4D2F25-2EFE-4701-B718-AC2685893665.jpeg

Menthol Monday SOTD
20240128_125703 (2).jpg

Razor: Jurgen Hempel Jarwin
Blade: Personna Reds (D1)
Brush: Simpsons Trafalgar T2 Royal Pearl Sovereign 24mm
Bowl: Castle Shave 4 1/4"
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2
Pre-Shave Oil: Taconic Bay Rum
Shave Soap: Master Soap Creations Frosted Bay Rum
Balm: Balm: Nancy Boy Cooling
Aftershave: Extro Bay Rum Artigianale

tempImageqzPuqF.jpg

Monday, January 29, 2024

Pre-Shave: Kiehl's Age Defender Dual-Action Exfoliating Cleanser / YBN Glycerin Skin Care
Razor: Mühle R89 with DSC Destroyer handle
Blade: Gillette Perma-Sharp (2)...and done
Brush: Mühle Liscio Black Fibre
Bowl: DSC scuttle
Soap: Mühle Grapefruit & Mint
Alum: Osma
A/S: 4711 Echt Kölnisch Wasser
EdT: Fées - Reims Vetiver

Nothing really rare or luxurious in today's setup but the solid gold piggy with his little horns provides some bling to the scenery.

Today's shave was excellent with a two pass (WTG,ATG + touch-ups) CCS with the R89. The Perma-Sharp is an excellent blade. Soap performance of the Mühle Grapefruit & Mint is outstanding. Lather for the first pass was a tad dry, but this was rectified with the addition of a bit of water for the second pass. It's important to let the soap puck soak a bit in warm water before loading the brush. The stainless steel bowl is just right for this step. For loading the brush and lathering I transfer the puck into the scuttle.

Post-shave with Osma Alum block with only slight feedback on areas where I went over more than once. No nicks, no weepers, and no irritation. The shave was completed with a splash of 4711 and a Vetiver fragrance from Taiwan.

Wishing you all a great start of the week and comfortable shaves.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
IMG_9821.jpeg

1) Italy: Brush Omega 10777 Boar.
2) Italy: Shaving Soap Proraso White Tub.
3) USA: Razor Schick DE safety razor.
4) Egypt: Razor Blade Lord Super Chrome.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm.
7) Spain: EDT Nautica Classic.

Monday, January 29, 2024.

Floïd oil pre shave. Barrister & Mann: Cologne Russe, Shaving soap, lotion & balm aftershave. Bruji: Two bands badger fan 26 mm., purple nebula aluminiti resin. Revisor, Solingen, carbon steel 8/8, purple custom scales. Santa Maria Novella, Acqua di colonia Russa, EdT.
IMG_6644.jpeg

A SOD.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Cera Ve Hydrating Facial Cleanser
Soap/Cream
Vintage Williams
Brush
C.O. Bigelow Silvertip Super
Bowl
Old Spice Mug + Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Timeless SS SB .68
Blade
Personna Medical rep
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Duke Cannon ASB
Fragrance
Jimmy Choo, Man Intense
Rating
10/10
Comments
I am starting the week off with a different razor and blade: a Timeless SS SB .68 with a Personna Medical Prep blade. I can always count on this combination to give me a perfect shave: smooth and close. The weight of this razor is perfect for me. Today’s brush is a C.O.Bigelow Silvertip in Super grade. This is one superb brush. The shave today was perfect. I topped it off with some Duke Cannon ASB which gave me a cool ending. Have a great day and week folks.

Monday
Pre-shave: Hims High Tide Hydrating Cleanser /Jack Black Beard Lube
Razor: Gillette Red-tip SuperSpeed
Blade: SuperMax Blue Diamond Platinum
Brush: Vulfix Boar/Badger Grosvenor
Soap: Areffa Discoverer
Aftershave: Alum/ Humphrey’s Witch Hazel /Captain’s Choice Eucalyptus ASL
Balm: Anthony All-Purpose Facial Moisturizer

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
ASRazor shave (MMMonday), Jan 29th 2024

Razor : Star bar #4, Lather catcher- Mfg 1919-20, mild to tame mid range. Excellent designed razor for its time era and great results it gives. For a razor over 100 years old it performs well with a fresh blade 1-3 uses(I like to brag about this razor!) and it will give any razor ever made a run for its money IMO. Audio feedback is excellent for folks who enjoy scrapping toast feedback when shaving! Had stellar close comfortable shave this morning.(It does not get much better a shave for myself IMO.)
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(1) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
Soap : Ogallala Bayrum + sandalwood, nice Bayrum scent and the sandalwood does something to sweeten the scent over time to me it seems + great lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Panda" 24mm Tuxedo knot. Excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Ogallala Bayrum & sandalwood + a dollop of Geo F Trumper skin food.
Results : Dial 10 stellar.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a stellar close comfortable shave this morning with my Star bar #4 with a fresh coated Gem blade. It does not get much better shaving then this!
5SOTD Januray 29 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Monday Morning Modern Mania

Purchased the Hawk V3A used a few years ago for under $50. One of the best modern AC razors for the price. Modern razor but then I had to use a Vintage brush. Little Rubberset is a grand painter or scrubber. I'm so happy these vintage items come back and have a second life.

Razorock SS Hawk V3A Razor
KAI Protouch MG Blade (2X)
SC Bignoli Liquirizia E Menta Shave Cream
Rubberset No. 89 Vintage Brush
Myrsol Agua di Limon Splash
AYLM Ishtar Aftershave

1A05AF10-868F-467E-862D-23D5D12C59A4-compressed.jpeg

29-01-2024
Brush: Wolf Whiskers Emilia, 27mm Tyrant T-4
Razor: Alpha Shaving Outlaw Evolution 316L Bravo Super Grip
Blade: Personna Red (2)
Soap: Barrister and Mann Nordost