Votes: 14 58.3%
  • Black

Votes: 10 41.7%

• Total voters

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
JunkerJorge:

1709846794355.gif
We have a 2023 MB 580 GLS 4MATIC that's black and I can attest to the extra maintenance (were getting ours detailed & ceramic coated).

proxy.php
"[Car washing] is the first basic step toward achieving any millennium goals [of having a clean ride]..." Kajol

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I don't know the MB color charts but my wife has a "Nightfall Mica" exterior Lexus ES 350 (It's hard to describe... sort of a dark blue/black. It depends on the sunshine) and mine is "Nebula Grey Pearl".... 2020 and 2016 respectively... Mine is much easier to keep clean... hers is the more beautiful as it should be....

I do think the darker colors are the nicest looking... and hardest to keep looking their best.... But we both belong to one of those good car wash centers with unlimited washes per month. That makes it mindless.

Black cars should in theory be faster and handle better because less paint is needed to cover up the metal, so the weight is lower. It can amount to several kilograms difference over a whole car. The Mercedes F1 team changed their livery from silver to black a few years ago for precisely this reason.

Also white cars are uncool. I’m sorry, but everyone knows this.

My uncle was a WO-5 scout helicopter pilot in the 82nd. He told me he got to try out some stealth helicopters, which I presume were of the type used to get OBL.

He got to test one against the civilian radars of Fayetteville Regional Airport. Broadside, Fayetteville RA could see him. But when he turned to directly face their array...he was invisible. They told him he had disappeared.

I want THAT against the Ohio Highway Patrol.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Black cars should in theory be faster and handle better because less paint is needed to cover up the metal, so the weight is lower. It can amount to several kilograms difference over a whole car. The Mercedes F1 team changed their livery from silver to black a few years ago for precisely this reason.

Also white cars are uncool. I’m sorry, but everyone knows this.
I remember James Wood in Diggstown saying something similar about his character's white Mercedes rental. <eg>

Nothing else says that I'm old and given up on life like a white vehicle. Some of pewter colors can be classy on a merc .
Do not show my wife this post, she drives a white Sonata.

Last edited:
Top Bottom