What's new

Which of Mike's Natural Soaps Do You Like? | Your Reviews | & Mine

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Yeah, lanolin and I don't agree. Otherwise the unscented soap sounds like something I'd like. Oh, well. Thanks.

I'm curious.

You're allergic to lanolin?

Reason I ask is because I could say the same thing. Lanolin and I don't agree. However, that statement would be based on my experiences with MWF. Lanolin/MWF and I don't agree.

Perhaps for me it's a matter of how much lanolin. It could be some other factor of which I'm unaware. In any event, I'm fine with the amount of lanolin in Mike's base, and not fine with MWF which is, I assume, because MWF contains much more lanolin.

I'm not at all sure about any of this other than knowing I don't get along with MWF and I get along fine with Mike's base. I've not been allergy tested for lanolin or anything of that sort.

I was reluctant to try Mike's partially because of the lanolin in the base.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I'm curious.

You're allergic to lanolin?

Reason I ask is because I could say the same thing. Lanolin and I don't agree. However, that statement would be based on my experiences with MWF. Lanolin/MWF and I don't agree.

Perhaps for me it's a matter of how much lanolin. It could be some other factor of which I'm unaware. In any event, I'm fine with the amount of lanolin in Mike's base, and not fine with MWF which is, I assume, because MWF contains much more lanolin.

I'm not at all sure about any of this other than knowing I don't get along with MWF and I get along fine with Mike's base. I've not been allergy tested for lanolin or anything of that sort.

I was reluctant to try Mike's partially because of the lanolin in the base.

Happy shaves,

Jim
It's caused some mild breakouts before, so the dermatologist said to stay away.

Mike’s makes great soaps. I used one for today’s shave.
IMG_2052.jpeg

I have used three Mike’s Shaving Soaps and love all three, but for me, I would rank them as follows.

3rd Place: Mike’s Barbershop. Great soap base, as you know, and the scent works for any season and occasion.

Now it gets difficult for me to rank. I’ve had multiple tubs of both of these.

2nd place: Mike’s Hungarian Lavender. Amazing! I didn’t even know I liked lavender until I tried Mike’s Hungarian Lavender. I judge all lavender scents by this soap.

1st place: Mike’s Bergamot, Orange, Ylang-ylang. A great citrus scent, but it’s more complex and deeper. This is the first soap scent that truly wowed me.

I look forward to trying more Mike’s soap this year.

Mike’s might not get much hype but it’s performance is excellent and I always get a great shave with a Mike’s Natural Soaps lather.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Top Bottom