• Jickey

• June Clover

• Lilac

• Mosswood

• Oriental Spice

• Polar Ice

Results are only viewable after voting.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I got the Booster Bay Rum a few weeks ago, and not really impressed by it. There is practically no burn, and it isn't that spicy of a scent. Rather plain and "alcoholey" smelling. I'm thinking of dumping it on the B/S/T.
Pinaud Bay Rum is still my fave!

That's a bit surprising... Did you try to decant the AS in a glass bottle? I find any AS is better that way.

I find Boosters aftershave's useless. They are made with too much water, not enough alcohol, and the scents (this is the IMHO thing) suck. Mosswood is tolerable but everything else is just down right nasty. I used mosswood once again this morning and it never really dried right and left a tacky feeling. I might add some grain alcohol and witch hazel to make it OK but other than it just sucks. Cheap and crappy. Sorry for the rant but it is quite a **** poor excuse for an aftershave. This is my honest opinion and I am sure this aftershave works miracles for others.

FWIW...I have tried Iced lime, polar ice, oriental spice, jickey, bay rum, and still own mosswood. The polar ice and oriental spice made my ex almost vomit but didnt do the trick. The bay rum was a joke of a bay rum. The iced lime is the lime lifesaver scent everyone loves to taste but not smell like. Jickey......WT% is that smell? Mosswood is pleasant. It sucks because I have dumped every bottle down the drain as the shipping costs equals the product cost. Ughh........

Last edited:
I have the Polar Ice and Mosswood and I really like them both. The polar ice reminds me of Aqua Velva (classic) and the Mosswood reminds me of Pinaud Clubman. I especially like that the Mosswood isn't as "overpowering" as the Clubman can be.

FWIW - I felt like my face needed a splash tonight and I went right for the Polar Ice, the glycerin is great for my skin!

Since the last time I posted in this thread I've acquired some Mosswood. So that's Polar Ice, Mosswood, Lilac and Iced Lime. Iced Lime is really a candy lime with no staying power, but is effective as an aftershave. Love them all!

I won't be buying any Aftershave any time soon. Not just yet. But, I'm always on the hunt for more information. Booster is a company that I want to eventually try. I know there are/were sample packs somewhere and it's probably going to be the way to go. We got a few reviews on the forum but not all of them. So, my big master plan will probably be to buy 2-3 of them at the time to try. I would really like to try all of them if I can.

So, which one would you recommend and why? I'm guessing that regardless of the scent, they all perform the same? Do they all have Menthol? When I see something like June Clover or Jickey, I'm not sure what to expect...

the online shop I use has samples for $2.49. PM me for more infromation.

Luc

Staff member
After using around 1/3 of the bottle, I decided to review the Booster Lilac Aftershave. It's a great performer IMO and cannot wait to try the other ones. I added all the review that I could find in post 1.

Attachments

• $Booster Lilac.JPG
    $Booster Lilac.JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 158

Luc

Staff member
After years of waiting to get going with this. I got the 3 most popular votes, Iced Lime, Polar Ice and Mosswood. I will review them as I go. Scent-wise, first impressions, I would sort them as

Polar Ice, Mosswod and Iced Lime (Just like the poll)...

Luc

Staff member
As promised, a picture of the 3 aftershaves that I have

$SANY6297 (362x700).jpg$SANY6298 (415x700).jpg$SANY6299 (408x700).jpg

Luc

Staff member
So far I pretty much tried all of them except for two: Jickey and June Clover.

I am wondering if those two are discontinued?

Necromancer

Are any of these long lasting like old spice or Gillette cool wave?

Ideally I am looking for a sample pack that ships to UK.

Any ideas?

Shaving essentials pops up on websites when I use Google but I cannot find the website anymore.

Luc

Staff member
Necromancer

Are any of these long lasting like old spice or Gillette cool wave?

Ideally I am looking for a sample pack that ships to UK.

Any ideas?

Shaving essentials pops up on websites when I use Google but I cannot find the website anymore.

The scent lasts but not like a cologne. I mean after 30-60 mins I cannot smell it anymore. Having that said, it doesn't mean that someone else cannot smell it. The ingredient list is fairly simple. Something like Old Spice would have a long lasting scent. Gillette Cool Wave, I cannot say as last time I used that one it was over 10 years ago at least.

Hey @Luc , very late to this party. Bought a half litre jug of Booster Aquarius at Italian beard cutter for $17. Looking forward to to trying it.

Reactions: Luc
Top Bottom