What's new

Wheelgun Wednesday

Colt old model Anaconda and a 240 gr cast SWC over 10gr of Unique. I had to use this combo to put down an injured cow yesterday.
20240103_145707.jpg

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Today draw is smooth but still slow and the snap easier to close but still two hand secure. That's not much of an issue since securing revolver can be once all the rest is secure.

Waiting on one more Andrews to arrive but it will not be for a Wheelgun Wednesday.

I had stopped in the local gunshop to place an order for a S&W M&P .22 mag semi auto. Having not bought anything there before they wanted up front payment, but the lady was tied up doing a background check so said I would come back after the holiday (new years) I came back and owner said he had ordered it and wait on payment, We had talked and both Vets, and I think he knew I was good for it. I glanced down in his display case and noticed something different, a used S&W revolver that looked like an old Combat Masterpiece, but in .22LR. I went home and did a bit of research, and figured out that it was a model 18, at that point I did not know which dash,or variant. Turned out to be a 18-4, the last variant. I gave him a call and asked what he would take for it, It was marked at 699, and he quoted me 599 and I said hold it until the one on order came in and he said ok. Well curiosity got the best of me and I went in a couple of days ago and went ahead and picked it up. It had a bit of freckling on a couple of spots on the frame, some oil and rubbing with the smooth shank end of a drill bit until smooth took cared of that, just rub until you do not feel it any more, it does not scratch the blueing and now you have to look hard to see anything, also a little holster wear on the muzzle which a little Brownells Oxpho Blu took care of. Took the side plate off and it was bone dry, so so lube. Finally a previous owner had put some red paint on the front ramp which I like but yellow on the rear blade which I did not care for, some lacquer thinner removed that, and it finally looks like about a 90% gun. Nice, balances in the hand better than my old K 22. I had never before seen one of these and am glad I grabbed it.

I found a local sell for a Ruger Sbh high polish(90's) stainless in 44mag 4 /5/8 . The guy is asking 700 , I miss my old three screw but I like the look of this short barrel. I offered 650 , also found a nib Makarov Russian for 600 lol I was saving for a new rifle but I love this thread haha.

Woo-hoo, Wheelgun Wednesday!!

Here's my S&W M&P (Pre-M10) snub. The hammer had been bobbed before I got it, and I like it. The grip adapter is from BK, with my Dremel checkering. I can, and have, pocket carried this on occasion.

Borderboss,

Is that a bobbed Model 10 in your pocket or are you just happy to see us?

Curly Out.

I have to agree. I don’t know what it is about wheel guns, but it’s almost like a safety blanket for me. I have several semiautomatic pistols and feel comfortable with them. However, in a home defense situation I know it will never jam. Plus I enjoy shooting it more than any pistol I have.
Handsome pistol. I have bought a few different aftermarket grip panels over the years to spruce up my Ruger SP101, but I just don’t think it gets any better then Ruger’s own beautiful OEM dark walnut grip panels?

:)

View attachment 1803840

Spent the morning at Ben Avery Shooting Facility.

The we’re hosting End of Trail, big SASS EVENT.

Coyboy shooting, and all the participants were dress up like Cowboy n Cowgirls.

They folk were having fun. Vendors area was cool.

Wheel Guns are being kept alive.

Except Wild Bunch Matches, where they shoot 1911’s.

Event runs to Sunday, check it out.

Top Bottom