What's new

What's your workout today? - September 09

An absimal 22 mile ride. I swear every bug in Indiana was on the same path I was. I was covered with them when I got home, it was disgusting. :mad3:

Did I read somewhere that the mosquito was the Indiana State bird...or was it Wisconsin?

Anyway...a 5 mile bout with some "speed work". 40 minutes of embracing the suffering

Friggin' desk jockey staring at the 'puter screen for 8+ hours. :mad:

Neck hurts, back hurts. :mad:

First day without a run, swim, or paddle in a while. :mad:

Training for a half-ironman on October 25.

10 mile run Saturday.
60 mile bike Sunday
1500m swim monday/ 5 mile run
1 hour spin on Tuesday
2000m swim Wednesday
1 hour track workout thursday
1500m swim Friday

Yay.

Had a solid chest/back workout yesterday. Starting back up on the heavy weight again. Hit a set with the 120's for flat DBell presses, but most of the emphasis was on incline work. Got a few sets with 225 on the barbell. Back was rows and weighted pull-ups. If I'd have had more sleep I'd have done some running or something, but I was a bit tired.

I was a total bum today. I over slept. I didn't have much time so I just banged out a quick 1.5 miles in 11 minutes and headed off to work.

Did I read somewhere that the mosquito was the Indiana State bird...or was it Wisconsin?

Anyway...a 5 mile bout with some "speed work". 40 minutes of embracing the suffering

I was always told that was Alaska. Wouldn't surprise me though they are huge and in crazy high numbers up there.

Yesterday was a 3 mile run. Today is chest:

1. Incline BB/DB Press - 5 sets x 15-12-10-10-8 reps
2. Flat Bench Dumbbell Press - 3 x 12
3. Incline Dumbbell Fly - 3 x 12
4. Straight-Arm Dumbbell Pullover – 3 x 10

2 hours on the trainer...split into 2 efforts. 1 1/3 hour in the am with a 30 minute tempo effort and 40 minutes this evening.

Insert spoon into ice cream. Flex bicep to raise loaded spoon on a two-count. Consume. Lower arm on a four-count. Repeat until drowsy.

Today is going to be a 3-mile trail run, sprints, kettlebells and heavy bag.

Try trail sprints while carrying the kettle bells and the heavy bag!

I did 1 3/4 hours on the trainer, early early am, with 2 sets of 6 power starts. This is a 20 second all out effort in the biggest gear from a standing start.

Yesterday I ran 3000 m in 12:04 min. :smile: :smile:

On top of that I've already ridden 25 km on a bike before. I was pretty amazed when I looked at my stopwatch because normally I run that in ~ 13:30 min.

The north and east swells are running along the hamakua cliffs of the Big Island so I took out my canoe for a 10 mile paddle up and down the coast. Yee haw!

I drank too much last night at a going away party for a coworker so my only exercise today was a combination of killing on Halo 3 ODST and trying not to hurl. Luckily the worst of it was a queasy stomach. I never did get sick!

Yesterday I ran 3000 m in 12:04 min. :smile: :smile:

On top of that I've already ridden 25 km on a bike before. I was pretty amazed when I looked at my stopwatch because normally I run that in ~ 13:30 min.

Very respectable run time! :cool:

Well today was the weekend so I did the sleeper, the drinker and the napper. I wouldn't expect you guys to know what those sophisticated exercises are :tongue:

Tomorrow is the beginning of the week, though. So it'll be "PT, PT, all day loooong!"

Today was my first workout post a long weekend of drinking way too much.

I did Push Ups 10 sets of 1 minute each, Sit Ups 10 sets of 1 minute each, alternating with no rest and a 3 mile run. The run was rough, my legs just weren't in it.

Top Bottom