What's new

What's your coffee today? What brew method? Photos

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
It wasn't a pleasant night's sleep..... I don't have any idea why this happens, but it does..... I slept very soundly for 1.5 hours, woke up at 1AM... I stayed in bed until 2:30, trying to find that happy dream state to no avail. I finally got up and moved to the heating pad on the sofa... That almost always puts me out, but not last night...

On a positive note, I had plenty of time to make a Yeti full of Don Pablo's Signature blend before we headed down to see Mila and her parents... The drive down was uneventful... Lots of tractor/trailers on the road... Most of them tend to veer off towards Orlando but not this morning. Still, no real problems. We left early enough (5:03 or so) so we missed most of the morning traffic, which is always a plus.

Mila is doing extremely well.. learning new stuff every day, it seems... not bad for 8.5 months. ;)

IMG_3270.JPG

Long black and some mini McVities digestives

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Good morning, coffee crew.

Peet's Big Bang. Black.

@Phoenixkh I'm sorry to hear you didn't sleep well last night, my friend. I didn't get much sleep either. I just couldn't wind down for some reason. Maybe 3 hours, if that. It's a cloudy, rainy morning here. Just going to relax today.

Have a blessed day, friends.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Good morning, coffee crew.

Peet's Big Bang. Black.

@Phoenixkh I'm sorry to hear you didn't sleep well last night, my friend. I didn't get much sleep either. I just couldn't wind down for some reason. Maybe 3 hours, if that. It's a cloudy, rainy morning here. Just going to relax today.

Have a blessed day, friends.
A week and two days, Eric.... and you'll be on your way back to Nashville.... as if I have to remind you. <eg>

Don Pablo Signature Blend today: French press into the Grandpa Yeti.... Lovely start to a nice day. It's already 72F here in St. Petersburg... getting up to 84. I took a peak at tomorrow's Gainesville forecast and we'll be getting up to 87 tomorrow and 91F on Friday... It looks like our "Spring" is almost over and Summer is approaching.

I did have a very nice sleep at our son's place: 10PM until 6AM... I am refreshed this morning.

The Major made himself & his father-in-law some Trader Joe's Columbia Aponte Honey this morning. It's a decent cup, but has nowhere near the inherent sweetness that's supposed to be characteristic of Honey processed coffee. The Major imagines that's due to Trader Joe's typical over-roasting of the beans.

-MO

Today was the first time trying Longneck Coffee Roasters (Williamsburg, VA) - Mexico La Laja Honey Process.

This was the one of the many choices I was offered when the roaster called me to inform me that the Mexican Organic Cirsa Chiapas beans that I ordered were out of stock.

These beans were not listed on their site the last time I checked.

I made two brews with the Mexico La Laja today so I could provide requested feedback to the roaster.
First brew was with the Timemore B75 with a Timemore filter and the Wide Awake PH 3-pour recipe.

The second brew was with the Hario Mugen using the April Coffee recipe using 18g dose.

Both brews were pretty tasty.

Top Bottom