Votes: 67 69.8%
  • Brush - Dollop of Soap Applied to Brush

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stick - Use Soap Sticks & Apply to Face

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • No Consistent Method as it Varies Depending on Soap & Brush

Votes: 10 10.4%

• Total voters
If it is in a container, and it is wide enough to fit the brush head when doing circular motions, then stick it in and have at it.

If it is a stick, smush it around on my face and then take the brush to that.

If it is cream, put some on my fingers and then rub it around my face like it was a stick.

I don't recall encountering shaving soap in any other format, so I think that covers it... :p

Load damp brush from container.
Load face from loaded brush.
Build lather, adding a few drops of water to brush until I'm satisfied.
Shave feeling one of the following:
  • damn what a brilliant lather I've built (many days)
  • confident approval (most days)
  • what the hell have I done (they happen)

I face lather 100% now, so...

...with "hard" soap (Stirling, MdC, Razorock, PdP) I load the wet brush directly.

...with croap/cream (TOBS, Cella, Proraso, or anything in a tube) I scoop some with a small spoon and distribute the cream around my face with my fingertios, then lather with a damp brush.

...with sticks (Speick, La Toja, Derby) I rub the stick on my wet face and lather with a damp brush.

If using a stick, I rub it on my face then work up a lather.
If using a puck, I load it on my brush and then take it to my Timeless bowl and make lather.
If using a soft cream, I put a small amount of it in my Timeless bowl and make lather.

Same. Except I use my Captain’s Choice copper bowl. Also, for a cream in a large container such as AOS, I dip a wet brush into the container and take that to the bowl.

If it is in a container, and it is wide enough to fit the brush head when doing circular motions, then stick it in and have at it.

If it is a stick, smush it around on my face and then take the brush to that.

If it is cream, put some on my fingers and then rub it around my face like it was a stick.

I don't recall encountering shaving soap in any other format, so I think that covers it... :p
That’s what I do as well. Why complicate things more than it needs to be

Simply put
full

I don't think I have any soaps I could scoop or smear.
If I did I would probably call it a cream.

I pick up soap with my brush off of the hard puck in a shaving mug.
A newbie here. So you have the brush bristles wet and the puck is dry before you put the brush to it.... correct?

I've only used Williams puck and on one of the main Williams threads they recommend soaking the puck while you shower which I have done to this point. But I'm about to try some other puck brands which are on the way so I'm guessing the soaking goes out the window and you just load the wet brush from the dry puck?

Top Bottom