What's new

What's your coffee today? What brew method? Photos

IMG_3249.jpg

Lungo espresso and two caramel Tim Tams for me today.

Good Morning Krew
I missed a couple days of posting due to "doing as little as possible" after our return from North Carolina.
I started the keto diet 4-5 days ago. I wish I had changed the angle on the photo so you could see the whipped cream topping. I used a 50/50 blend of caf and decaf beans combined with stevia, a keto creamer and topped with canned whipped cream and a small sprinkling of dark chocolate. I increased the pre-soak time on the Behmor brewer to 2 minutes and brewed at 205F.
Good Day to All.

PXL_20240413_131238487.jpg

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
This is my second day with Don Pablo’s Colombian Supremo. I agree with Rudy, while I quite like the Signature blend, the Colombian is just a bit richer in flavor…..not by a lot, but it’s more complex, I’d guess I’d say. Very enjoyable.

Thanks again Rudy.

It’s a nice day here. Cool morning, around 60F to start. It’s 73 at the moment and will top out around 78F or so.

This morning, the Major made himself an Americano of Puerto Rican Yaocono, black. His father-in-law surprised him a bit, in that he decided to taste the Yaocono himself, rather than his usual Green Mountain Nantucket. He liked it as well, although he added a bit more heavy cream and Splenda then the Major would have done. But, as always, each to their taste.

-MO

Today's beans were Longneck Coffee Roasters (Williamsburg, VA) Haitian Blue Norde Organic.

Last night, I brewed them for the first time in a glass Kalita Wave 155 using the Project Barista 155 Recipe.
That resulted in a dry aftertaste but was not bad.
This morning, I tweaked my settings and it was not good. I poured out the brew.

I then tried the Stagg XF with a bloom and a single pour.
Again, it was not good (for totally different reasons) and I poured it out.

Finally, I went back to the April 2.0 plastic dripper with the James Perry Coffee - Standard 3 Pour recipe but decided to go with the Kalita 155 filter.
That came out well and proved that the Kalita 155 filters worked well with those beans /brewer/recipe (as did the April filters in a previous brew).

For the Kalita 155, April 2.0 and Timemore B75, I am only using 13g at time, so it is not a big waste. I used 18g in the Stagg XF today but I am ready to start my next bag of beans (and have another bag of beans on the way), so I didn't mind using more coffee. I rarely use more than 20g of coffee in a brew (unless it is the last brew of a bag of beans and have more than my regular recipes call for).

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
☕ Good Morning Coffee Crew ☕

Brewer: Behmor Brazen Plus 3.0
Grinder: Baratza Virtuoso+
Scale: Timemore Black Mirror Nano
Coffee: Bones Army Of Dark Chocolate
Temp: 200F PreSoak: 1-Minute

proxy.php

:cuppa:

Makita 40V XGT Brushless String Trimmer
IMG_6406.JPG

I told you folks that I had ordered this string trimmer a couple weeks ago. I switched out the stock cutting head with the 400 Speed Feed head, and spooled about 40-feet of Makita 0.80mm line in it. Last Wednesday, I used it on my property.

I'm impressed with how light it is, and most of the weight is at the cutting head where you want it. Ergonomics and grip feel good in the hand, controls are easy to manipulate. I appreciate the variable speed trigger, and the different speed torque modes.

Motor is quiet, when using hearing protection while listening to tunes, I can only hear the whipping of the air from the string line. Machine is nimble to move around, and the motor has a lot of power to slice through that grass. It struggled a little to go through 6" tall densely thick and wet grass quickly.

But I discovered that is part in due to operator error, as I'm used to using a Honda 4-cycle 35cc trimmer, which has more power, and I can go more quick. My Makita compares with 25cc gas models, so I have to slow my role. If I give the machine time to chew its food, it slices through the grass like butta.

I'm quite happy with it, but in time I will get better at using it, and I will love it even more. But for now, no headaches from exhaust fumes, no loud noise, light weight, no gas! After 25-minutes of trimming, the battery didn't even lose 1-bar of juice!

With lower density, I've seen this machine go through 1-foot taller grass with ease. But when doing tough thick high density grasses that are also wet with moisture, you just gotta go slower, and the torque of this direct drive motor, will get it done no problem.

I also find edging a little easier, with a smaller guard on it, I have a better view of where the string line is. With my big gas units, I had to guess until I was in the pocket, and not destroying the line on the concrete or asphalt. But Makita makes edging easier, and I appreciate that too.

Yard brought back to civility, looking clean cut, looks good, felt good, breath easy!
proxy.php

For an early review, I can totally recommend this string trimmer, its got the commercial build quality you'd expect, and the power of 25cc to go with it. It even comes with a set of safety glasses, and a shoulder strap, for those who are less strong then I.

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Good morning, coffee crew.

Peet's Big Bang. Black.

It's 46° right now with a high around 68°. Partly cloudy with some sunshine later. My weather reports from St. Clair Shores, MI are winding down as I'll bringing you weather reports from Nashville, TN again soon. What a year it's been as one chapter closed and a new one has opened. I got about 7 hours of sleep last night. Just a few emails to send out today and meeting a friend for lunch and a few beers at XO Sports Bar & Grill. Here's to a peaceful day ahead.

Have a blessed one, crew.

☕ Good Morning Coffee Crew ☕

Brewer: Behmor Brazen Plus 3.0
Grinder: Baratza Virtuoso+
Scale: Timemore Black Mirror Nano
Coffee: Bones Army Of Dark Chocolate
Temp: 200F PreSoak: 1-Minute

proxy.php

:cuppa:

Makita 40V XGT Brushless String Trimmer
View attachment 1829753

I told you folks that I had ordered this string trimmer a couple weeks ago. I switched out the stock cutting head with the 400 Speed Feed head, and spooled about 40-feet of Makita 0.80mm line in it. Last Wednesday, I used it on my property.

I'm impressed with how light it is, and most of the weight is at the cutting head where you want it. Ergonomics and grip feel good in the hand, controls are easy to manipulate. I appreciate the variable speed trigger, and the different speed torque modes.

Motor is quiet, when using hearing protection while listening to tunes, I can only hear the whipping of the air from the string line. Machine is nimble to move around, and the motor has a lot of power to slice through that grass. It struggled a little to go through 6" tall densely thick and wet grass quickly.

But I discovered that is part in due to operator error, as I'm used to using a Honda 4-cycle 35cc trimmer, which has more power, and I can go more quick. My Makita compares with 25cc gas models, so I have to slow my role. If I give the machine time to chew its food, it slices through the grass like butta.

I'm quite happy with it, but in time I will get better at using it, and I will love it even more. But for now, no headaches from exhaust fumes, no loud noise, light weight, no gas! After 25-minutes of trimming, the battery didn't even lose 1-bar of juice!

With lower density, I've seen this machine go through 1-foot taller grass with ease. But when doing tough thick high density grasses that are also wet with moisture, you just gotta go slower, and the torque of this direct drive motor, will get it done no problem.

I also find edging a little easier, with a smaller guard on it, I have a better view of where the string line is. With my big gas units, I had to guess until I was in the pocket, and not destroying the line on the concrete or asphalt. But Makita makes edging easier, and I appreciate that too.

Yard brought back to civility, looking clean cut, looks good, felt good, breath easy!
proxy.php

For an early review, I can totally recommend this string trimmer, its got the commercial build quality you'd expect, and the power of 25cc to go with it. It even comes with a set of safety glasses, and a shoulder strap, for those who are less strong then I.
Looks great! I’m glad it’s working out like you’d hoped. Your experience sounds similar to mine with the Milwaukee, but I envy that battery life for sure. if I use mine on the lower speed mode, cutting thin grass I may get similar, but that doesn’t work for most of my property. The sweet spot seems to be hi speed setting and lower speed on the trigger (half press) to maintain a balance between torque, speed and battery life on my damp, gnarly southern weeds and wild grasses. I still keep the Echo gas trimmer around with a grass blade for some of the heavier stuff in the middle of summer down here.
My weather reports from St. Clair Shores, MI are winding down as I'll bringing you weather reports from Nashville, TN again soon. What a year it's been as one chapter closed and a new one has opened.
Looking forward to reading those Nashville reports, friend. It’ll be nice having you back in the Volunteer State. I rotated some mugs back into the kitchen that I hadn't used in a while. Maybe some you haven't seen before, or perhaps some you recognize.

This morning, I'm having Don Pablo's signature brewed with the French Press. Half & half was added.
IMG_8453.jpeg

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Looking forward to reading those Nashville reports, friend. It’ll be nice having you back in the Volunteer State. I rotated some mugs back into the kitchen that I hadn't used in a while. Maybe some you haven't seen before, or perhaps some you recognize.
Thank you, my friend. I can't wait to get back. One of the moderators needs to give you a signature title under your username "Mug Master" 😆

Have a blessed Monday, Trevor.

Top Bottom