What's new

What's your coffee today? What brew method? Photos

Today's coffee:
Second time using the Timemore B75 dripper.
First time brewing Bridge City Coffee (Greenville, SC) - El Salvador (natural process) beans.
I used the Wide Awake PH 2-pour recipe.

I definitely hit the citrus with these beans. I will grind finer for a longer draw down (today was 1:47) and see if I can pull out the caramel notes. This is a fast brewer, so I expect shorter draw down times. Even with that short draw down today, the coffee was not under extracted.

I usually start off with the Hario Mugen with the April Coffee recipe when trying new beans as it gets me into the ball park of what to expect from the beans. I probably should practice cupping more as that in theory would give me a better idea of the beans without introducing variations to brew method. My cupping technique has not been very good so far but I have only tried it a couple of times.

I went with the Oxo electric goose neck kettle for today's brew. Over the weekend, I did some slow pour testing and found I could pour slower with this kettle (without flow restriction) than my other goose neck kettles (with flow restriction). That was a surprise to me. I just have to get used to the extra weight of the Oxo in comparison to my other kettles. I plan to use the Oxo exclusively this week.

Have a great day!

Last edited:

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Off to an earlier start today as I have to be first in line at my mechanic’s place or I can often wait a couple hours for an oil change instead of a couple minutes.

Don Pablo’s signature blend in the French press into my Grandpa Yeti. A great way to start the day.

It’s 59F here just before sunrise, heading up to 75 by mid afternoon. No the rain today. I decided to take Mondays off for a while instead of working 7 days a week if I include the two days we take care of our granddaughter. I need a day for lawn work and other necessary things. I was burning the candle at both ends. I feel guilty and relieved at the same time.

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Good morning, coffee crew.

Peet's Big Bang. Black.

It's 38° in SCS right now with a high around 58°. Cloudy with some sunshine. It looks like we have some rain moving in tonight though. I got about 7 hours of sleep last night. Some emails to catch up on today and lunch at XO but that's about it.

Have a blessed Monday, friends.

On a side note, do any of you have an answer to Kim's @Phoenixkh question from this thread? Thanks!

Finished off the Lavazza Espresso in the French Press this morning. I woke up feeling a bit groggy so a large mug was in order.
IMG_8059.jpeg

On a side note, do any of you have an answer to Kim's @Phoenixkh question from this thread? Thanks!
I have noticed the same thing on my phone, but dont have an answer.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
☕ Good Morning Coffee Crew ☕

Brewer: Behmor Brazen Plus 3.0
Grinder: Baratza Virtuoso+
Scale: Timemore Black Mirror Nano
Coffee: Klatch Crazy Goat 🐐
Temp: 200F PreSoak: 1-Minute

proxy.php

IMG_6254.JPG

Its Monday, and its as gloomy out there. Not much to do this morning but drink some delicious Klatch Crazy Goat. :cuppa:
PS: When this coffee is fully rested, you can taste the berry to go along with the natural chocolaty nature, despite this being a medium-dark roast. Amazing!

Greetings Krew
I scored some good deals today on Amazon's "Subscribe & Save" program. Two 12 oz. bags were 25% off plus 15% off for buying thru the monthly program.
Most of the afternoon has been rainy. We enjoyed some good college basketball games the past few days and now we are watching a series on Netflix called "3 Body Problem". We are on episode 2 and hooked.
Please take care of yourself and each other.

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Good morning, coffee crew.

Peet's Big Bang. Black.

It's 44° in SCS right now with a high around 51°. It's a windy, rainy morning here. It looks like the rain is going to stick around through the evening. I got about about 7 hours of sleep last night. I have a few emails to send out to one of my music supervisors today and I'm meeting a friend at the Butter Run Saloon for lunch and a couple beers later. I enjoyed a Sierra Nevada Bigfoot last night. At 9.6% ABV, it was a nice nightcap.

Have a blessed Tuesday, crew.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Don Pablo Colombian Supremo this morning. Americano with a bit of half & half. Good stuff. I continue to be impressed with the Don Pablo medium dark offerings.View attachment 1818511
I’ll have to try that one. I have enjoyed Colombian coffee over the years and I’m a Don Pablo fan. Reasonably priced coffee that tastes great. I’ll add a bag to my next order. Thanks.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I’ve been suffering through gas station coffee every time we head down to our son’s place in St. Petersburg for months. I bought along my coffee gear all the way to Bali and last week, I decided, we’re traveling by car. Why in the world am I gagging down horrible coffee when it would be so easy to pack up my coffee gear and drive it down.

So today, I’m drinking that Toraja coffee again, brewed in my traveling French press and enjoying the heck out of it.

It’s very nice here. 82F for a high: no rain in sight……at the moment.

Greetings Krew
Lovely weather today and a nice replenishing rain yesterday.
PXL_20240304_145607863.jpg
Today I used the last of the Soul Strike (51g) and made a little over 6 cups in the Behmor brewer. Fast forward 8 hours and I am drinking a cup that still taste good. The coffee was still warm in the double walled carafe. I appreciate how this brewer does not have a warming plate which can often over-heat coffee and turn it bitter.
Good Day to All!

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Back for another shot of the Don Pablo Colombian Supremo, this time with the Flair Pro 2 with a bit of hot water. I got this as part of a sampler from the Don Pablo website and it’s quite good. I think I may like it more than their “Signature Blend”. have you tried this one, Kim? @Phoenixkh View attachment 1818588
I just added a 2 pound bag to my upcoming subscription order. I'll let you know in a couple weeks.

Top Bottom