What's new

What's your coffee today? What brew method? Photos

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Good morning, coffee crew.

I started the day off with a shot of Lifeway blueberry kefir milk.

Peet's Big Bang. Black. I don't think I've ever tried Peet's before. On sale at my local Meijer for $7.99 (10.5 ounce bag)

It's 22° in SCS right now with a high around 37°. Sunny to partly cloudy with no rain expected. I got about 7 hours of quality sleep last night. I'm sticking with my Chamomile tea, Passion Flower extract, Magnesium Glycinate routine. Looking forward to mass and lunch at the Butter Run Saloon later. Here's to a peaceful day ahead.

Have a blessed Sunday, friends.

Lavazza in the aeropress this morning. The weather looks to be fantastic today and my team is still alive in the Dance. That‘s good enough for me!
IMG_8052.jpeg

linty1

My wallet cries.
Finally a chance to pull a shot in the flair again after a week of work:

25D3770E-C791-4191-9D33-70DBF5C5DC5E.jpeg

Totally forgot I had this cup, one of those.. I forget the name, netneutral or something cups..

11E978C0-92D7-4146-BBC7-B6AB1D27D96C.jpeg

Need to dial it a touch finer grind wise. topped off with water:

6C1A001C-4185-49A2-A567-CD71AAC7B2E9.jpeg

Yum.. caramelly notes for the first time I'm tasting.. nice. I never know why I don't do this more often than once a week.

The Major his day by starting his laundry, empty another load from the dryer, and made himself a double shot of Mechanica Costa Rica Peaberry in the Aeropress, topped with foamed milk. Coffee so nice, he might make it twice.

More importantly, though, his father-in-law is doing pretty well in the hospital today. Hardly great, given that he just had major surgery. But as well as could reasonably be expected. Plus, his younger daughter's spending the weekend here. So that's always especially good. Plus, he loves to see the beautiful relationship both of his daughters have formed with their stepmother.

-MO

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
The Major his day by starting his laundry, empty another load from the dryer, and made himself a double shot of Mechanica Costa Rica Peaberry in the Aeropress, topped with foamed milk. Coffee so nice, he might make it twice.

More importantly, though, his father-in-law is doing pretty well in the hospital today. Hardly great, given that he just had major surgery. But as well as could reasonably be expected. Plus, his younger daughter's spending the weekend here. So that's always especially good. Plus, he loves to see the beautiful relationship both of his daughters have formed with their stepmother.

-MO
Continued prayers, Major.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
☕ Good Morning Coffee Crew ☕

Brewer: Behmor Brazen Plus 3.0
Grinder: Baratza Virtuoso+
Scale: Timemore Black Mirror Nano
Coffee: Bones Army Of Dark Chocolate
Temp: 200F PreSoak: 1-Minute

proxy.php

Today is a special day, because I brewed a whopping 24-cups of this coffee. Plus I deserve it, because I just went for a 2.5 mile walk today and got in 5,175 steps, and burnt 284 calories. I always get a few more steps in to make coffee believe it or not, I'm always moving around when I am working my magic fingers to perform the brewing craft. So, just add 500 more steps plus a couple more calories burned by the time I'm ready to relax for this Sunday.

I had a lovely 5:00AM walk this morning, but goodness it was foggy. Suddenly another human appeared out of the fog walking towards me, I felt like I was out of an episode of Stranger Things. I was like, "oh, hello there, nice morning aint it?" they said, "yes but I could do without the fog." LMAO! Starting next week, the first yard work chores begins, and I will get more exercise still.

:cuppa:

Today's brew was the last of the Oval Dogs (Rio Rancho, NM) - Ethiopia, Guji and the first using the Timemore B75 dripper.
I used the Timemore Youth Pour Over kettle and used the Timemore filters with the B75. I probably should have used the Timemore Black Mirror scale to make it an all Timemore session, but used my Acaia Perl scale (2021updated version) instead. I used the Wide Awake PH 2-pour recipe:

The B75 fixed my issue with the natural Ethiopian beans stalling. I went with the clear version of the B75 and like the hefty feel of it as well as the nice looks. With the crystal looking plastic, it was fun to watch the coffee brew from the top of the dripper as it almost looked like light brown blinking lights as coffee dripped from different areas of the dripper and reflected up through the plastic. Word of warning though if you look to buy one. Stick to reputable dealers as there are counterfeits out there that are not made of quality PCTG/Tritan and will soften up with hot water and deform. I bought mine from Rogue Wave Coffee in Canada (see link above).

Tomorrow, I will continue to exploring the B75 with Bridge City Coffee (Greenville, SC) - El Salvador (natural process) beans.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune

-MO
Thx for the update, MO. I'm glad his recovery, no matter how slow, is progressing.

Howdy Krew
My wife and I had a nice couple cups from the Belmor Brazen this morning before Church.
The weather is wonderful. We walked in the yard observing the development of our gardening efforts and sat on a swing.
"March Madness" and a couple lattes this afternoon.
I am feeling better about the Silas espresso machine. I am getting good pulls with 17g coffee, not much channeling and 40g output in 27-30 seconds.
Please take care of yourself and each other.

IMG_3145.JPG

Seeing as I've already had two coffees today, I went with something non-caffienated but coffee adjacent. My parents had a weekend away and brought back some locally grown roasted chickory, so I brewed a small pot to test out. Despite how pitch black the liquid is, it's fairly lightly flavoured, and not too bitter. The bitterness it does have reminds me more of grapefruit than burnt toast, quite pleasant. I might try mixing it with some actual coffee in a French press, or maybe some ground roasted barley.

View attachment 1817887
Seeing as I've already had two coffees today, I went with something non-caffienated but coffee adjacent. My parents had a weekend away and brought back some locally grown roasted chickory, so I brewed a small pot to test out. Despite how pitch black the liquid is, it's fairly lightly flavoured, and not too bitter. The bitterness it does have reminds me more of grapefruit than burnt toast, quite pleasant. I might try mixing it with some actual coffee in a French press, or maybe some ground roasted barley.
A friend of mine would add chickory to his normal coffee to reduce the acidity of his normal coffee.

Top Bottom