What's new

What was your carry today?

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Hunkered down and the Sig P226 in the old Alessi IWB holster. But lows for tonight should be about 45F.

2024-P226.jpg

The old Colt Officers ACP.
WWB 230gr. hardball
DeSantis SOF-TUCK IWB

View attachment 1811989
I had two of those, one blued and one stainless. I wish I'd never gotten rid of them but back in those days, I traded guns constantly.
Ironically, the gun I carried today was my old Gen 2 Glock 19, which was one of the first guns I decided not to trade, which then started a new trend for me: keep what you buy, unless it's just awful. And I haven't had one awful gun purchase in a long, long time.
I hate to think how many rounds I've got through my G19 but I take meticulous care of all my firearms and it's always ready if I need it.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Back in the 90s again today so shorts. Carry will be my SW99 with new Trijicon night sights in a High Noon Horsehide holster.

left-side.jpg

The holster but with a Walther CCP for the picture.

High-Noon-Tomahawk-front.jpg

This is another of my Restriction Era handguns and the magazines of that era. But with a twist. Even though the magazine is marked for 16 rounds it has a big caution to only load 15. No idea why. The magazine also carries the Law Enforcement Only warning.

magazine.jpg

magazine-2.jpg

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Sig P229 with new night sights and after a spa week back in New Hampshire. It had to go back since the front sight was never bright enough to use, so dim that the rear night sights totally overwhelmed it. But I have to give Sig Service a gold star. First there was no question or request to sen images instead I got a FedEx return label while still online with the rep and it head back to my the day after it arrived back at the Mothership. Can't really beat one day turn around warranty work.

left.jpg

Sig P229 with new night sights and after a spa week back in New Hampshire. It had to go back since the front sight was never bright enough to use, so dim that the rear night sights totally overwhelmed it. But I have to give Sig Service a gold star. First there was no question or request to sen images instead I got a FedEx return label while still online with the rep and it head back to my the day after it arrived back at the Mothership. Can't really beat one day turn around warranty work.

View attachment 1818296
Happy memories. The Sig P220 was my first handgun ever back in the day. I thought that gun was the Rolls Royce of pistols. It served me well. That's great customer service, BTW.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Happy memories. The Sig P220 was my first handgun ever back in the day. I thought that gun was the Rolls Royce of pistols. It served me well. That's great customer service, BTW.
Yeah, my P220 in 45acp is over twenty years old now. And still utterly reliable and accurate as I could want. Makes me look almost competent.

Well if you carry, practice with what you carry, if you can not shoot it accurately. Find something you can shoot accurately like small caliber, longer barrel. Best Advice I heard second hand from friend who took CCW class from Lawyers in my State was. If you're involved in self defense shooting, and 110% Right. Have extra 50-60K for Civil Defense, as victims family no matter how bad a person they were, will want everything you own, for their loss.

SAD.

Top Bottom