What's new

What was your carry today?

That’s an interesting little pocket holster. Does it stay put when you draw?
You kinda have to put your thumb on top and break the gun free. It clicks in the holster so if you break that tight fit it comes free. Or you can catch the wing hook on your pocket as you draw and it breaks free. However the best pocket holster for staying put so far is the DeSantis Nemesis. The Nemesis grabs the material in the pocket and doesnt ever come out. I do however have a Mika's pocket holster on order. They are supposed to be the best.

All the pistols you bought in 2023? I don’t think your wife is paying attention…. ;)

Ha! She has for the last couple of weeks, she hasn't hardly let me out of her site. Now that I'm not working, I'm not able to make my regular stops on the way home.

Funny thing, the owner of one of the gun shops where they know my name called me today to make sure I was still alive. 🤠

An old Lt. of mine used to carry one of these behind the buckle of his Sam Brown duty belt to supplement his .357.

I carried one of these in the front pocket of my duty pants to backup my 1911 or Glock .40. I still carry it occasionally. I look at it as a "get the hell off me" gun. Walther TPH...tiny little thing.

View attachment 1767283

Wish Walther would make these again. The TPH has a fantastic reputation.

Thanks for the replies gentlemen. I thoroughly understand the reason to carry a revolver rather than a small 22lr pistol. I have a Taurus 942 8 shot 22lr. It's pretty small but not any smaller than a J frame with 38+P. The LCP 2 is a lot smaller and it holds 10 + 1. It's also smaller and lighter than my Bobcat.

I'm looking for something very small to carry on occasions when I would prefer it not be known. Nothing like a courthouse or school, just places like family gatherings or church, where I would rather not deal with people's opinions. Not really in a high risk area.

I would certainly need to spend more time with it than a glock or something similar to verify reliability. What would be a good choices to carry, CCI Mini mags, stingers, or?

You might consider the LCP 380 as well. Similar size, more power. The LCP, not the larger LCP II. The LCP is a good deep cover pistol.

IMG_1821.jpeg
IMG_4568.jpeg
For the record, I am not a fan of pocket carry. I believe the cons outweigh the pros. But, there is a time/place where such a carry fashion has its advantage(s). I have been using these pocket holsters from Sam Andrews for quite some time. They do a very good job. Today however, is not a mouse gun day...HK P30SK. 9mm
IMG_5451.jpeg
IMG_5009.jpeg

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Ha! She has for the last couple of weeks, she hasn't hardly let me out of her site. Now that I'm not working, I'm not able to make my regular stops on the way home.

Funny thing, the owner of one of the gun shops where they know my name called me today to make sure I was still alive. 🤠

Lol’d. :)

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
You kinda have to put your thumb on top and break the gun free. It clicks in the holster so if you break that tight fit it comes free. Or you can catch the wing hook on your pocket as you draw and it breaks free. However the best pocket holster for staying put so far is the DeSantis Nemesis. The Nemesis grabs the material in the pocket and doesnt ever come out. I do however have a Mika's pocket holster on order. They are supposed to be the best.
Looking forward to your review of the Mika? :)

Looking forward to your review of the Mika? :)
Absolutely! I have read nothing but positive info on Mika's. Lots of LEO's use them. Believe it ot not a got a phone call from Robert Mika thanking me for the order. He's been making them since 1984. He makes them to order, so it takes a few weeks. I will report back upon receipt.

Top Bottom