What's new

What was your carry today?

Thanks for the replies gentlemen. I thoroughly understand the reason to carry a revolver rather than a small 22lr pistol. I have a Taurus 942 8 shot 22lr. It's pretty small but not any smaller than a J frame with 38+P. The LCP 2 is a lot smaller and it holds 10 + 1. It's also smaller and lighter than my Bobcat.

I'm looking for something very small to carry on occasions when I would prefer it not be known. Nothing like a courthouse or school, just places like family gatherings or church, where I would rather not deal with people's opinions. Not really in a high risk area.

I would certainly need to spend more time with it than a glock or something similar to verify reliability. What would be a good choices to carry, CCI Mini mags, stingers, or?

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
@Mlee , in your extreme low profile situation, I find my J frame with Barami Hip Grips beats anything with a holster for waist band carry. This would need a cover garment. Although no longer made, the hip grips can be found on Ebay. The other alternative is a similar grip, the DeSantis Clip Grip. I personally am not fond of pocket carry, but that is certainly an option. As for what .22 LR ammo to use in a defensive situation, I'm sure there is a plethora of opinions on You Tube , but I would say whatever is 1) most reliable in your gun, 2.) easiest to control in your gun, 3) and highest velocity as a last consideration. Obviously, with mouse guns in particular, proper shot placement with rapid repeated shots till empty would give you the highest likelihood of survival.

IMHO, if it's not A LOT more concealable than a J frame, why carry it as your primary/only weapon?

Thanks for the replies gentlemen. I thoroughly understand the reason to carry a revolver rather than a small 22lr pistol. I have a Taurus 942 8 shot 22lr. It's pretty small but not any smaller than a J frame with 38+P. The LCP 2 is a lot smaller and it holds 10 + 1. It's also smaller and lighter than my Bobcat.

I'm looking for something very small to carry on occasions when I would prefer it not be known. Nothing like a courthouse or school, just places like family gatherings or church, where I would rather not deal with people's opinions. Not really in a high risk area.

I would certainly need to spend more time with it than a glock or something similar to verify reliability. What would be a good choices to carry, CCI Mini mags, stingers, or?
Not often, but I will drop a .22 lr in my pocket. Beretta 21A, NAA Mini-Master, old twin barrel Hi Standard.

CCI Segmented are my favorites. You can also get them in subsonic, which is great for pest removal.

I prefer the 21A and Hi Standard because of the double-strike capability. Quality .22lr ammo is far better than it used to be, buuut...

Have carried a 22 on occasion. S&W 43C and a Beretta Bobcat 21a. Likely would not do so today. Times have changed and the benefit of micro 380s render the 22 obsolete if size and concealability are the sole criteria. Rather opt for something like the S&W 351 in 22 magnum.

The 22 does make sense for those with hand or strength issues, and those most affected by recoil. Were that the case I would look to the Beretta Tomcat in 32 or the Bobcat 21A.

Thanks for the replies gentlemen. I agree with your thoughts 22lr, I just thought I would throw it out there.

I've recently been looking for a J frame at a decent price. I hesitated on a model 36 and a model 60 a couple of weeks ago, when I went back, they were gone.

I'm dropping my wife off to get her hair did in the morning, I will probably sneak off to a gun shop or two.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Thanks for the replies gentlemen. I agree with your thoughts 22lr, I just thought I would throw it out there.

I've recently been looking for a J frame at a decent price. I hesitated on a model 36 and a model 60 a couple of weeks ago, when I went back, they were gone.

I'm dropping my wife off to get her hair did in the morning, I will probably sneak off to a gun shop or two.
Today it's my Colt 2½" Pocket Positive (Under my "I" frame S&W 30).

with-J-jframe.jpg

I prefer the 36 of the two in sub nose configuration. The black frame is easier to work the sights with old man eyes. Tradeoff the 36 revolver requires more frequent wiping and oiling than the model 60. Both are excellent choices.

I prefer the 36 of the two in sub nose configuration. The black frame is easier to work the sights with old man eyes. Tradeoff the 36 revolver requires more frequent wiping and oiling than the model 60. Both are excellent choices.

The 36 that I saw was nickel and I believe the 60 was SS. Both were older and well uses but not abused. I hate that I snoozed.

Top Bottom