What's new

What soap should I add for summer?

Well, its technically a cream, but Castle Forbes lime is fantastic and my go-to summer soap. Its hard enough to feel like a soap to me and I use it in exactly the same way as my MdC, a few twirls of the brush in the bowl then face lather. Castle Forbes Lime, GFT Lime Skin Food are a great combo - only thing I haven't come across is an alcohol free lime aftershave/cologne. Any one help me with that?

My favorites are

Stirlings Margs in the Artic and Gin and Tonic
Mikes Coconut
HTGAM The Beach
MdC

I also enjoy PdP but, for me, it is not in the same tier as the ones I mentioned.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
They are. Lots of top tier ones out there, and plenty of opinions about what's top tier.

I'd suggest something citrus like RazoRock XXX or a possibly a Lime soap, or even better something menthol like Stirling MITA or Stirling Cool. I like to mix 50% of each of these together for a cooler MITA as I like it better than each one by itself. The Strop Shoppe SE w/tallow Peppermint one is excellent. PAA Coconut or PAA Cucumber would be great as well. WSP Rustic Barbershop is nice. Tiki Salty Air is an enjoyable summertime soap.

Pretty much anything clean and fresh.

There's a new soap maker called Reef Point that makes a nice lime scented soap called "Sublime." Just shaved with it this morning. I think it is worth your time to check out.

RazoRock XXX would also make a great summer soap.

Why not just stay with Tabac?

I'm sure I'll try it but Tabac and the AOS sandalwood scents seem like they go with colder weather.
I think the MWF will probably be great for summer.
I don't think I said it because I was asking about hard soaps, but last year I mostly used C.O. Bigalow.
It's basically Proraso green (menthol and Eucalyptus) it was very cooling, liked it a great deal.

Thanks,
Curt

Col Conk Lime seriously. Since the weather has already turned summer here in So Cal. I have been using it almost exclusively with a little Mystic Waters Irish Traveler mixed in. I like the single light scent Col Conk lime has. My wife smelled it for the first time last night and also likes it. It also easily produces a really slick creamy lather even with my ridiculously hard water. People bag on Col Conk lime but it would be my only soap if I had to choose one.

Arko, all seasons of the year. Unbeatable for the price. Other nicely priced Turkish selections include Derby, which is made by Evyap like Arko, and a fairly new soap called Blueness, easily available in sticks, which is said to have less of a basic-soap smell and more of a western perfumy one. The $1 to $5 price range of effective Turkish soap products is hard to beat.

I suggest RazoRock XXX soap and splash. Great performers with a nice refined citrus scent for warm months. Pre de Provence is also a great soap, has a subtle sage scent and paired with their balm, the face feel is right up there with MWF.

If you want one of the ones you listed, I'd go with Arlington. If you want to venture out, there's one that I can't believe hasn't been mentioned yet... Soap Commander Vision! You get freshness and the menthol of some of the previous suggestions. The Motivation suggested earlier also sounds like a good pick, though I haven't tried it myself. For me, Soap Commander probably has the best post-shave feel. And while the Barrister & Mann LL&C is my overall favourite soap, it doesn't ring to me as a summer scent. YMMV.

If you want one of the ones you listed, I'd go with Arlington.

That's what I did.
Not really sure about the scent yet.
Has a strong citrus smell from the puck but ends up being subtle by the time you lather your face.
I'll have to see how it grows on me I wanted a summer scent so this should be good.
The soap certainly preforms well so down the line I might try other fragrances.
Maybe I can add Marlborough for a new "winter soap" when fall comes?

Thanks,
Curt

Top Bottom