What's new

What did you learn from your last shave?

That my skills are improving fast.

That my skin is healing from all the bumps and irritation I got from my previous electric razor (capitulated after 3 weeks).

That my skin might prefer shaving twice a day with a single pass and minor touch up than a single shave with 3 pass and touch ups. Maybe because I'm still very new to this.

So much to learn...

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
That my sniffer is not 100% reliable when attempting to determine whether I am allergic to a certain scent. Yikes!

At the end of 2014, I was getting frustrated. I seemed to be losing ground on my technique, both with lathering and shaving. I had quite a few shaves in a row that were just horrendous.

I've stepped back to shaving 1-2 times a week, and I have decided to grow a goatee, since my moustache and chin areas were problems.

I'm focusing now on taking as much as I can in short, quick strikes, with light pressure with the blade as close to parallel to my face as I can get. I've also been focusing on skin stretching.

The upsides is my last few shaves have been quite comfortable and pleasant.

That with a synthetic brush, bowl lathering initially may help prevent the "water running all over the place" syndrome. I can then face lather for the rest.

It was my first shave with a plastic-handled Gillette Tech, and that light weight handle really showed me the meaning of "no pressure on the razor". A very nice shave.

A blade near (at, actually) the end of its service life can cut OK, but it can also cause some irritation...don't wait to change, just to go for the record.

Last edited:
I had shaved two straight days with I Coloniali Mango, the slickest soap in my arsenal. I switched today to Soap Commander Love (rose) and while it may be just a tad less slick then the I Coloniali, it more than held its own in that department and it definitely had a nicer post-shave feel. I don't believe I own a vegan soap with a better post-shave feel than Soap Commander.

Soap Commander is a top shelf soap.

Top Bottom