What's new

What did you learn from your last shave?

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Behold. A boar beats a badger. Every time.

I do love badger brushes, for their softness coupled with a backbone. But there is something special about the "scritch" of a top-notch boar brush and the lather bombs they create.

Woooooooo. Pig. Sooie!

View attachment 1689336
Generally with college football... all the teams below the Mason-Dixon beat up on the teams above. It's like down there it's NC Triple A. A whole 'nother level up.

I'm a Minnesotan so occasionally we know off the badgers. But then if we meet OH State we're buried and then if OH state meets someone from down South they are buried.

I guess Arkansas' only problem is they are not far enough South. Good luck.

That the Rockwell Swedish Stainless Steel blade isn't as bad as some of the reviews that I read. No, it's not the sharpest or the smoothest, but for a straight stainless blade, it does the job. 4th shave today with the blade and I still got a DFS. YMMV, of course.

The fact that I need an aggressive razor for my beard type. I purchased the Fatip Gentile after reading a couple reviews about it online. It's a nice razor but IMHO way too mild for me. I still get great shaves out of it but I prefer the Fatip OC.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
I think I learned that Cella Extra Extra Extra Extra Extra Extra Extra Bio – the citrusy cologne-smelling stuff in the blue green tub labeled “aloe vera” – is gentler on my skin than ARKO! and at least one variety of Saponifico Varesino (the great-smelling, fun-to-say Cubebe. It is pronounced “chew bay bay,” right?).

As a lurver of ARKO! shaving sticks and thorough enjoyer of the scent of SV’s 70th and Opuntia (pronounced “O punch ya?”), this discovery cuts dearly through my teeny tubs of SV from @MilkCrate and my 10.62 remaining sticks of ARKO! shave soap.

brush burn...hahahah I never heard the term until combing around here...so lathering the brush with bowl, squeeze the lather from brush, apply to face with hand...no more brush burn and the later hydrates the follicle better...wow...wow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom