What's new

What did you learn from your last shave?

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Take care around the nose!
What you talking 'about, Willis?
proxy.php

Same lesson I re-learn everyday.
The auditory feedback you get from the razor cutting whiskers
can really inform your shave technique. Listen to the shave.....

And that the R41 is not that bad when paired with the right blade.

This is part learning, part confession :blushing:

I've been unable to get rid of the all pesky stubble in the area below my chin on my neck. So today I reached for the Fusion Pro Glide and went to town on it. Gone in a couple of swipes! Not sure where I go from here, but probably going to use it for a cleanup pass at the minimum going forward. Heresy right?

That's an easy spot to get the angle wrong, might want to focus on that. You might also try a more aggressive razor and/or sharper blade if you haven't already. Under my chin, I have my best luck with Gillette Nacet Stainless blades.

I learned that DE totally rocks at removing a seven-day stubble!

Using my Cadet open comb, I didn't have to worry about clogging. After my usual two passes, I had the same results as if it had only been two days.

That's an easy spot to get the angle wrong, might want to focus on that. You might also try a more aggressive razor and/or sharper blade if you haven't already. Under my chin, I have my best luck with Gillette Nacet Stainless blades.

Yeah, I'm having a real hard time mastering that area. Will check the angle again and maybe try a Feather tomorrow. When you know you can take the easy way out, it's kinda hard to resist and keep working on my technique :001_rolle

Yeah, I'm having a real hard time mastering that area. Will check the angle again and maybe try a Feather tomorrow. When you know you can take the easy way out, it's kinda hard to resist and keep working on my technique :001_rolle

It's my hardest spot to get smooth as well. Angle is part of it, but that's probably the one thing where the right razor and blade combo has made the biggest difference.

I learned that it's possible to get way more shaves than I first thought out of a single blade. I'm in double digits with my last two blades. When I started last November I was tossing blades after 3-5 shaves.

As someone new to DE shaving: Don't get Cocky!

Got cocky this morning (5th DE shave) and tried a 3 pass shave (WTG, XTG, ATG) with a cleanup pass. I knew I should have stopped after the 2nd pass, but I pushed it. Then spent way too much time "cleaning things up". I got close to a BBS, but also got a lot of razor burn!

Lesson learned.

I shaved with a Rainbow Super Stainless yesterday for the 1st time in over 12 months. They are good blades, but after the 2nd shave this morning, they're not as good as I remember them

- I need to be more careful on my neck/throat.
- The first shave with a ZaZa blade is quite nice. (Thanks for the PIF [MENTION=106012]1Cal[/MENTION]!)

I have sensitive skin, so I'm to live a life of Derby's, Astra's, etc without much use for a Feather blade at all.
Lesson re-learned after years of wet shaving is DON'T do more than 2 passes with a new blade, ESPECIALLY if you have sensitive skin, ESPECIALLY if it is sharper than your mainstay. Not even, WTG, XTGx2. My face is pissed off right now, lol!!! Didn't do across the grain, just with & cross both ways. I should've known better....was thinking it would be the worst shave because it was the first with the blade, threw the second across the grain in there and yeah. It's getting better, but you should've seen it, lol!!!! No bloodshed, lol, but yeah, just reconfirmed I have sensitive skin and will forever be in that realm lol!

Top Bottom