What's new

What are your other hobbies?

Lawn and Lawn care

Limey & Jamacdon,

Do you actually like doing this?

I appreciate a lawn that someone takes the time and effort to maintain but it's because of this time & effort that I absolutely ABHORE lawn care. :blink:

Kudos to you two that enjoy this pursuit.

With decreasing intensity:

My girlfriend
Cooking
Eating (as a result of cooking)
Chess
Playing Piano
edited: climbing/mountaineering/hiking (how could I forget?)
Traveling
Watching movies (but not watching general TV!)
Single Malts, monk-concocted herb liqueurs
Painting

Best - MM

Playing the Bagpipes
Reading
Cigars
Scotch (when I can)
Travel- looking at Spain and France in the future
Learning- anything that is new to me

Playing the squeezebox in my avatar, and several others. I play for a Cotswold morris side as well as running an English Ceilidh band. Usually about two pub folk tune sessions a week. Saves having rehearsals!

What on earth is Car Detailing?:confused:

Gareth

:a8: :a54: :yesnod: :thumbup: Learning, travel, sampling/trying new foods & beverages, photography, reading (a lot), listening to music, substitute teaching

Richard

Golf, attending sporting events, Car detailing and maintenance, cigars, beer, my two dogs, going to the lake with my wife/family, cooking, video games (360/wii/psp), reading (mostly books on the sport industry).

Limey & Jamacdon,

I appreciate a lawn that someone takes the time and effort to maintain but it's because of this time & effort that I absolutely ABHORE lawn care. :blink:

Part of it, yes :smile: It takes a bit of knowledge and trial-and-error for the type of grass and geographic location you're in to get a good looking lawn, but it's one of those things in life I appreciate.

It's one of those man vs. nature or man with nature (with chemicals :wink: ) things I think. Speaking of which, I'm going to overseed the entire front and back lawn in a few weeks -- that's a bit of work; laying down some peat moss, then renting a slicer seeder, getting new lawn fertilizer, etc. I might try some of the new organic water wizard product, it's supposed to be great.

MarSellus enjoys:

-bicycling (mtb and roadbiking)
-target shooting (range half a mile from my doorstep), I currently own 5 handguns, would like to own also an assault rifle or two...:biggrin:
-photography

I don't have time for more hobbies at the moment. In the past I enjoyed horseriding (10+ years, lack of time, money and space), motorcycling (I thought to substitute the live horse for the iron horse) and golf (lack of time). It's great that you can taste different passtimes, but I am content with my current hobbies.

S

sullivanpm

MarSellus enjoys:

-handguns, would like to own also an assault rifle or two...:biggrin:
-photography

I wouldn't call them assault rifles but if your ever in the states, Alabama specifically, give me a shout I have a few AR's you can shoot.
:biggrin:

The usual AD's. My most recent obsession, I watch interviews with athletes and count how many times they say "you know". I like doubles...ending one sentence with a "you know" and starting the next with "you know". The tennis player Michael Chang achieved a triple once; three "you knows" in a row. That is my best catch so far.
Yeah, I know. I have far too much time on my hands. And no life whatsoever...

The usual AD's. My most recent obsession, I watch interviews with athletes and count how many times they say "you know". I like doubles...ending one sentence with a "you know" and starting the next with "you know". The tennis player Michael Chang achieved a triple once; three "you knows" in a row. That is my best catch so far.
Yeah, I know. I have far too much time on my hands. And no life whatsoever...

you know thats okay you know we all have different hobbies and you know we find the time we need to follow them you know....:a52: :a52: :a52: my head hurts just making fun of them:a6:

Limey & Jamacdon,

Yep...It's my version of gardening. Its just alot of little plants.

Ahh. So that's what car detailing is.

I bung my Citroen through the local car wash every year, whether it needs it or not. I once had a car with grass growing inside the footwell, brought in in mud on my boots!

By now, you might have guessed that I don't do car detailing!

Gareth

The biggest time-sink is the twinned worlds of homebrewing and beer appreciation. I also happen to be a "National"-rank beer judge (via the BJCP). Those two have been going strong for 14 years or so now.

I got really obsessed with cigars a few years back, and have quite a lot of them, but no time to smoke them. :frown:

Other consistent hobbies include reading, hiking (when we get the chance), and watching football.

Every now and then I dabble in cooking, too. And I like to stick my toe into the other boozy delights every now and then, too.

Top Bottom