What's new

What are you unpacking/ opening today, show pics or video, we love pics

It was a good day. CaYuen Diablo brush and bowl. 200 Personna blades. Nobel Otter Neon Sun, Zingari Man Brush Cleaner and 1924 Ever-Ready with the OG Deco handle.
IMG_0428.jpeg
IMG_0429.jpeg
IMG_0431.jpeg
IMG_0425.jpeg
IMG_0424.jpeg
IMG_0423.jpeg
IMG_0426.jpeg

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Two unusual English shaving soaps.

20240419_132641~2.jpg

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
I remember the smell of Skin Bracer Sport Talc very well. It was one of my father's favorite splashes. I ordered this the other day and it smells nothing like I remember. My nose may be off or there's something else in this bottle. It has none of the powdery elements I remember. I know it's vintage but something isn't right here. It has an odd chemical sweetness and there's a weird floral note that puts me off. Who knows? Very disappointed. Ah, well. I won't be using it.

20240420_165933.jpg

Last edited:
Brick and mortar find/unpacking today. Popped into the local Indian shop for a gander and to kill some time. Found this synthetic Gillette brush dusty and neglected at the back of a bottom shelf behind other items. Packaging date of May 2014, so who knows how long it's been sitting there. For $4 I couldn't pass it up, I've had a bit of (maybe morbid) curiosity about these, and they go for much more if I wanted to get one online. I don't have high hopes, but at least the snacks I got where very nice.
IMG_3291.JPG

IMG_3292.JPG

This is from yesterday and today

Summer Break Trouble Maker AS
Nobel Otter Neon Sun AS
Sterling Gin & Tonic AS

Summer Break Trouble Maker Soap
Summer Break Mountain Laurel sent by London Razors
Sterling Gastonbury
RazoRock Mudder Focker
Southern Witchcraft Boonana
Southern Witchcraft Autumn Ash
HAGS Barberwood
HAGS Isla Muerta

100 Perma-Sharp
250 AccuForge

MM24 with 2 tone handle

IMG_0474.jpeg
IMG_0476.jpeg
IMG_0477.jpeg
IMG_0479.jpeg
IMG_0478.jpeg
IMG_0480.jpeg

IMG_6607.jpeg

POLA Galantom II Aftershave Lotion

An aftershave lotion from POLA Japan. It’s a beautiful bottle wrapped in a high quality synthetic leather, it feels like the leather on a luxury car dashboard. Fragrance is citrusy and slightly woody, very pleasant and discreet. I’m looking forward to testing this Aftershave for my shave tomorrow.

Partial ingredients include alcohol, witch hazel, allantoin, Glycyrrhizinic acid (saponin from licorice), royal jelly, lecithin, rice glycolipids, menthol, fragrance, castor oil, tocopherol (Vitamin E).

So I got my Alpha Shave Works Cudtom Super Leggero Handle with the specs of 14 mm x 80 mm and weighing in at 20 grams. .8 grams more than the handle @Rosseforp made me. Negligible difference and completely what I asked for. I went with matte as I tend less ocd than others about routine maintenance. The titanium is very shiny so it will probably get soapy from Proraso that leave behind film. I will use it today with my Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB though I actually got it so I would not have to change handles when I use my ATT X1 slant.

Alpha Super Leggero - Carbon Fibre & Titanium Handle - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/alpha-super-leggero-carbon-fibre-titanium-handle.648619/

IMG_1229.jpeg

So I got my Alpha Shave Works Cudtom Super Leggero Handle with the specs of 14 mm x 80 mm and weighing in at 20 grams. .8 grams more than the handle @Rosseforp made me. Negligible difference and completely what I asked for. I went with matte as I tend less ocd than others about routine maintenance. The titanium is very shiny so it will probably get soapy from Proraso that leave behind film. I will use it today with my Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB though I actually got it so I would not have to change handles when I use my ATT X1 slant.

Alpha Super Leggero - Carbon Fibre & Titanium Handle - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/alpha-super-leggero-carbon-fibre-titanium-handle.648619/

View attachment 1835595
The matte looks really good!

Top Bottom