What's new

Wal-Mart Wilkinson Sword blades

I use them everyday. I can get 7 shaves out of them, although the last shave are too are stretching a bit...different strokes/different folks...

I think they're great based on my experiences so far. Kinda tells me all these razor blade discussions are about the most pointless ones on shaving forums. Some people think X blades are garbage and get one lousy shave with them. The next guy comes along and says X blades are terrific and gets five good shaves with one. The only useful advice is to try whatever blades you want and pay no attention to what any of the rest of us say because it's *your* face.

So far, between the Derbys I started with recently and these, I see little reason to bother with anything else. I'd rate these and the Derbys as excellent with good longevity for a medium light beard like mine.

+1 on this. You gotta go with the blades that your skin likes.

Clayton

Just a quick question about these blades. Does anyone know if these blades have the triple coating applied to them which is chromium, ceramic, and PTFE?

Does it matter? They work for you or they don't. It's under $2 for 10. Try them and decide for yourself.

Does it matter? They work for you or they don't. It's under $2 for 10. Try them and decide for yourself.

I have tried them and per my view they are not the same blade as the Classic Wilkenson Blades that I ordered from Amazon. The Wal-Mart blades do not seem to be as smooth nor provide the close comfort shave that the ones in the white box container that list the triple coat in the packaging. I love the Classic Wilkenson from Amazon, but I have tried three different times with the Wal-Mart brand and each time I stopped and replaced it with a different blade during my shave. I am just trying to find what the difference might be.

Well it doesn't matter then, does it? If it were the same blade you'd be getting the same shave. I find the Walmart blades quite smooth and long lasting. I have yet to read one actual expert answer on this site that isn't based on opinion only.

My point is that talking about razor blades is even less useful than talking about the weather. A blade works for an individual or it doesn't and it doesn't matter a whit if it's made in Bulgaria out of recycled Yugos or the finest Japanese surgical steel that cuts most inexperienced users who don't open the package correctly, much less shave with it.

For some of us, the Walmart blades are great and long lasting. For others, they're unadulterated crap.

Well it does matter to me, because I would like to know what is different. The question is per your statement that talking about razor blades is less useful than talking about the weather then why are you choosing to respond. If your opinion is that discussing such issues is useless then don't participate in that thread.

It's healthy for newer users who pay too much attention to opinion threads on something as subjective as razor blades to understand that so much of the *facts* about blades being posted here is nonsense. It's opinion, period. I keep seeing new guys listening to the opinion of someone whose background and experience is unknown making pronouncements that the newbie then follows like gospel. It's silly and it needs to be pointed out.

If everyone stated that their opinion was that or what worked worked for them was specific to their beard, prep, lathering techniques, experience with wet shaving, that would be one thing. But this forum really needs to be read with a healthy degree of skepticism.

So in your case, how are you going to know what's different? Because someone throws out an answer which you can't confirm as fact? It was posted on the internet so it's true?

Why don't you call Wikinson and get the answer as fact?

...I have yet to read one actual expert answer on this site that isn't based on opinion only...
If you expect to relate to the matter discussed on this forum to expert answers, you're at a wrong place.

...My point is that talking about razor blades is even less useful than talking about the weather. A blade works for an individual or it doesn't and it doesn't matter a whit if it's made in Bulgaria out of recycled Yugos or the finest Japanese surgical steel that cuts most inexperienced users who don't open the package correctly, much less shave with it...

If it doesn't matter in this particular case, then it doesn't matter and it's not useful about anything we talk about here - shaving equipment, brushes, shaving skin products.

The manufacturer may have better answers than a shaving forum on the specifics of their products. If you have found a blade that works for you check out the reviews and make a note of all of the people who like it and see if there are other blades they like and try those.
It is after all just shaving.:001_smile

Top Bottom