What's new

Vitos | Extra Super Coco | Extra Super Rosso+ | 1000 ml | Storage Issues

I purchased a liter of red Vitos from german amazon, with a stated scent of "Kokosnuss", so was expecting to get a brick of Rosso+. The one I received today has no coco sticker, no declared coco perfume on the wrapper and I pick up no coconut scent from the soap itself, which is soft and white and contain hydrogenated tallow.
Sorry if I ask something that has already been clarified, but:

__ in terms of the two "red" Vitos 1 Kg blocks, does the "coco" actually contain coconut oil, or,
does the "Coco" just contain coconut scent ...???

One peculiar thing is, I have now twice ordered the red Coco from Gifts&Care in Spain, and both times they have sent me the "Super" with Glycerin instead, i.e. not the Coco I ordered.
If it's just a matter of scent, I don't really care (even though I think it is unprofessional), whereas, if there is also coconut oil in the "Coco" I do care, and I want what I ordered ....)
I am writing this because you reminded me of this anomaly, something that doesn't add up.

3 Referenze.png

This is a photo from the catalog dated 2019 of the 1 kg Vitos Bread Line with three references, currently on the Susan Darnell website one of the two Red Coconut Vitos packages is missing.

Will it be the one that was called Bread Paste Extra Super Red + (Plus) in the 2019 edition?🤷‍♂️
If memory serves, the Red Coco + was discontinued as early as two years ago, I remembered this.

Last edited:
This thread is a little bit old yet I wanted to inform:
It's official, unfortunately the "Vitos Extra Super" (red one) is discontinued! :sad:
Here the answer of the producer "Susan Darnell" to my question about it being discontinued.

The other red one with coconut oil is also mostly out of stock in Italian online shops, so I'm afraid the other versions will be discontinued as well soon! (same happened to Valobra)

I've already ordered some in order to have enough supplies for a few years.
Opppssss I had missed the message.
There was already an announcement that the Vitos Red Coconut + tile was discontinued, I understood that some forum users didn't know.
There is some confusion.
Vitos Extra Super Coco is “al profumo di coco,” not “al olio di coco.” Pictures below. It’s a truly excellent soap.

View attachment 1838543

View attachment 1838544
That is the old version, which is no longer produced.
The new version contains coconut oil.

Vitos Extra Super Coconut : Stearic Acid, Water, Cocos Nucifera Oil, Potassium Hydroxide, Potassium Coconut, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Talc, Sodium Silicate, Glycerin, Perfume, Benzaldehyde.

It is no longer worthwhile to take the old formula as a reference; they will run out of supplies and it is better not to create confusion.

Last edited:
No wonder I am confused
I just ordened a red Coco from Gifts and receiver The extra super
G&C are confused too, but by The sounds of it I accidentally Got myself a vintage Extra Super … 😉

No wonder I am confused
G&C are confused too, but by The sounds of it I accidentally Got myself a vintage Extra Super … 😉

If you have a moment, can you post the ingredients list from the Vitos you received from Gifts & Care?

Here is what I got, from a different vendor, when I purchased a kilo a couple months back:

Vitos Extra Super + Coco: Stearic Acid, Hydrogenated Tallow, Aqua, Potassium Hydroxide, Glycerin, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Hexametaphosphate, Talc, Benzaldehyde.

No wonder I am confused
G&C are confused too, but by The sounds of it I accidentally Got myself a vintage Extra Super😉

Now we clarify.

If you ordered from G&C and they sent you the Red Vitos vintage Extra Super with tallow,you are the one in error.

Vitos Red.png

On their site it is specified that it is the one with tallow, they have another Vitos coconut red that is out of stock.

From the description the one they have out of stock is also with tallow.
If you are looking for the Vitos red new version with coconut oil and without tallow order it elsewhere.

This thread is a little bit old yet I wanted to inform:
It's official, unfortunately the "Vitos Extra Super" (red one) is discontinued! :sad:
Here the answer of the producer "Susan Darnell" to my question about it being discontinued.
It has been written.
Here is what I got, from a different vendor, when I purchased a kilo a couple months back:

Vitos Extra Super + Coco: Stearic Acid, Hydrogenated Tallow, Aqua, Potassium Hydroxide, Glycerin, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Hexametaphosphate, Talc, Benzaldehyde.
I'll come back to repeat it, those are the ingredients of the older Vitos coconut Red that always had tallow, in the Italian forum there were comments as far back as years, 2013 if you search this forum maybe even earlier.
In recent years another version without tallow was added and there were two editions of Vitos Coconut.

Vitos Extra Super Coconut Red + --> with tallow
Vitos Extra Super Coconut Red --> with coconut oil,without tallow

Evidently after three years since the announcement of non-production, Vitos Super Coconut Red + is still available in some places.
If you look at the picture I posted above where the references are judging from the packaging the two reds looked the same,it was misleading, only change the ingredients.

The coconut vitos is now only Vitos Extra Super Coconut with these ingredients:

Vitos Extra Super Coconut : stearic acid, water, Cocos Nucifera oil, potassium hydroxide, potassium coconut, Helianthus Annuus seed oil, sodium hydroxide, talc, sodium silicate , Glycerin, Perfume, Benzaldehyde.

Unfortunately, both are listed as Extra Super even the current one in the tallow-free reformulation on the carton is written Extra Super ,this is misleading and confusing.

Last edited:
Sorry if I ask something that has already been clarified, but:

__ in terms of the two "red" Vitos 1 Kg blocks, does the "coco" actually contain coconut oil, or,
The new Vitos red coconut tile contains coconut oil,exactly.
One peculiar thing is, I have now twice ordered the red Coco from Gifts&Care in Spain, and both times they have sent me the "Super" with Glycerin instead, i.e. not the Coco I ordered.
Both the two different blocks of Vitos coconut both the one with tallow and the one without tallow contain glycerin.
If it's just a matter of scent, I don't really care (even though I think it is unprofessional), whereas, if there is also coconut oil in the "Coco" I do care, and I want what I ordered ....)

So be warned ...! If you order the "Coco" from Gifts&Care, you may not receive what you ordered .....

Not also, Only the new red 1kg Vitos without tallow contains coconut oil.

So you were looking for Vitos in the new formulation with coconut oil,without tallow,and from G&C they sent you the old Vitos tile with tallow and with the words "fragrance coconut."

It took me two days to understand what you were writing.

Now you know that Vitos tile with coconut oil is without tallow, on G&C it is specified ancient formula containing tallow.

Next time try to find and know from the seller the ingredients before ordering it.

It took me two days to understand what you were writing.

Now you know that Vitos tile with coconut oil is without tallow, on G&C it is specified ancient formula containing tallow.

Next time try to find and know from the seller the ingredients before ordering it.
I read things differently. I think G&C's description is confusing, and not exactly in accord with what you write either. This is the link to the product I ordered:

__ It says "ancient tallow based formula",
__ it says "coco scent",
and, it also says:
__ ... "shaving soap with coconut glycerin..." ...

So, "coconut glycerin" may not be identical to "coconut oil", but in any case the product I received contains neither, and no coconut scent (according to listed ingredients) ...:
IMG_1103.JPEG
IMG_1104.JPEG

Reactions: 1e4
I read things differently. I think G&C's description is confusing, and not exactly in accord with what you write either. This is the link to the product I ordered:

__ it says "coco scent",
and, it also says:

So, "coconut glycerin" may not be identical to "coconut oil", but in any case the product I received contains neither, and no coconut scent (according to listed ingredients) ...:
View attachment 1841332View attachment 1841333

Thank you! This is the same one I have, which I bought recently from a different site. It’s a great soap.

I read things differently.

May I suggest that you read from the first page of this discussion, if you have not already done so, and look for detailed information about the Vitos red card in this forum.

__ it says "coco scent",
and, it also says:

It says "ancient tallow based formula" because those soap is the Vitos brick with the old formula of many years that always had tallow in its ingredients.

It says "coco scent" because you have the same package as user @1e4 the old red Vitos +

If you go back on the page you will see that he posted several photos, in one of them you can see the label that says "coco scent"

That there is also the label on your package, it is written so in the description on the G&C web page and you don't smell the scent is a matter that complicates things.

Lastly "coconut glycerin" does not exist, on the web page it simply wants to indicate that the soap contains both glycerin and coconut (coconut oil).

I understand your disappointment, sorry.

Last edited:
PS -- this is not to say that the product I received is not excellent. I know it will, I already have one brick of it, and enjoying it. Also, I should say that I think Gift&Care's customers' service is generally excellent.
But if you want to indulge in Vitos soaps, be aware that navigating their different products can be tricky, for users and vendors alike. I am still trying to find out what their actual selection is ...

PS -- this is not to say that the product I received is not excellent. I know it will, I already have one brick of it, and enjoying it. Also, I should say that I think Gift&Care's customers' service is generally excellent.
It is good to know that despite your bitterness and disappointment at the inconvenience you like the soap.
But if you want to indulge in Vitos soaps, be aware that navigating their different products can be tricky, for users and vendors alike. I am still trying to find out what their actual selection is ...
I did not understand the point of this message, anyway I hope you understood that the Vitos red coconut brick with tallow is no longer produced, however you may still find it on stores and websites so pay more attention.

If you are looking for Vitos with coconut oil you need to look for the new 1 kg tile without the tallow.

If you go back on the page you will see that he posted several photos, in one of them you can see the label that says "coco scent"

That there is also the label on your package, it is written so in the description on the G&C web page and you don't smell the scent is a matter that complicates things.

Lastly "coconut glycerin" does not exist, on the web page it simply wants to indicate that the soap contains both glycerin and coconut (coconut oil).
I don't think Gift&Care's customers interested in Vitos' products can generally be expected to closely study Badger&Blade's Forum pages before making a purchase ... It rests on G&Cs to adequately inform customers about their products (right on G&C's own web pages), in my book.
There was no coconut sticker on the soap I received, sorry. And, if it says "coconut glycerin" and Coco on the vendor's web page, I think people can be forgiven for being surprised when they receive a product with no mention of "Coco" at all ...
All the more since Gifts&Care also sells another red brick, at a different price, with no mention of Coco:

Last edited:
There was no coconut sticker on the soap I received, sorry.
From here it's clear that either I am not good at making myself understood or there is some other problem of misunderstanding.

The label says "coconut scent" !!

It doesn't necessarily have to be on the packaging and you don't necessarily have to smell coconut even if it says on the G&C website.

The ingredients are the same as the soap the user bought @1e4
The soap is exactly that, no difference.

All the more since Gifts&Care also sells another red brick, at a different price, with no mention of Coco:

The two types of red Vitos that are listed on the G&C website the description is the same both with tallow, one is not available so whether it costs less or more, or else it won't change much if it's not what you are looking for.

Before purchasing something from shops and websites it would always be better to ask the shopkeeper for information.

Last edited:
Before purchasing something from shops and websites it would always be better to ask the shopkeeper for information.

I think you are dreaming of a bygone age. Imagine if all G&C online customers wrote their questions to customers support before making a purchase, as opposed to just reading the information available on the web pages. As it is already, G&C customer support is not exactly fast in responding. I did in fact contact them this time around, it took in the order of a week for them to respond. And they flatly conceded they had sent me the wrong product, and offered me a 50% discount if I wanted to keep the product I did receive.
So I don't really understand what the point is you are trying to argue. G&C have admitted themselves that they made a mistake.

I don't think Gift&Care's customers interested in Vitos' products can generally be expected to closely study Badger&Blade's Forum pages before making a purchase ... It rests on G&Cs to adequately inform customers about their products (right on G&C's own web pages), in my book.
There is no need to study the Badger&Blade forum pages in detail before making a purchase or even in general.
But for two days, including this whole morning, I have been writing about the differences between the two Vitos, trying to make you understand where the mistake is while you seem to go back to writing as if you hadn't read anything of what I wrote.

For this reason I was asking you to review the information on the differences between the two red coconut vitos; I hope that after two days you have understood the mistake and the difference between the two if you still want to buy the coconut red Vitos brick in the future.

With this I hope I have been of help to you.

WThomas0814

Ditto, ditto
Vitos Red + Coco contains coconut oil (the smallest component of the mixture), not coconut scent. Originally, the packaging was a standard Red box with a sticker. It then went to a box with the coconut oil listed as an ingredient.

It contains tallow and is still available from Maguire's. There are non-tallow versions, but, I've never seen a red one. Aren't they still green?

Reactions: 1e4
As it is already, G&C customer support is not exactly fast in responding. I did in fact contact them this time around, it took in the order of a week for them to respond. And they flatly conceded they had sent me the wrong product, and offered me a 50% discount if I wanted to keep the product I did receive.
So I don't really understand what the point is you are trying to argue. G&C have admitted themselves that they made a mistake.

I may be forgetful, but I don't understand why they admit they were wrong if in the description of the coconut red Vitos soap from the link you entered and say you bought, it is written with tallow and you actually got the Vitos with tallow.

Vitos.jpg

If you say you purchased your soap from Here this is the link to the soap you bought, right?

Vitos2.jpg

Also in the description it says "Its formula is mainly composed of glycerin" I don't see why you continue to insist on "coconut glycerin".
You don't have to take everything perfectly literally.

If you want to explain to us where they went wrong, why the description of their soap matches what they sent you if there's nothing else we don't know.

Last edited:
If you want to explain to us where they went wrong
Look, it's simple:
G&C sent me a product that did not match what I had ordered as per their web page.
I don't really have anything further to add to what I already wrote.

Vitos Red + Coco contains coconut oil (the smallest component of the mixture), not coconut scent. Originally, the packaging was a standard Red box with a sticker.
Confusion again.
The Red Vitos + doesn't contain coconut oil. If you have the ingredients of Red Vitos + please post a photo.
It then went to a box with the coconut oil listed as an ingredient.

It contains tallow and is still available from Maguire's.
Another formula that contains coconut oil and tallow together as ingredients?

Vitos Extra Super Coconut : Stearic Acid, Water, Cocos Nucifera Oil, Potassium Hydroxide, Potassium Coconut, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Talc, Sodium Silicate, Glycerin, Perfume, Benzaldehyde.

Explain: how many different formulations of Vitos Coconut Red are there?

Is there a third ingredient formula of Vitos Coconut Red?

Aren't they still green?
Why shouldn't it? Currently there are only green and red (without +) Click here
Green is almond, don't confuse.

Last edited:
Top Bottom