What's new

Vitos | Extra Super Coco | Extra Super Rosso+ | 1000 ml | Storage Issues

Maybe @Jens is just being cynical. Please don't let it bother you, though.

All I can tell you is that if you prefer animal tallow, stock up more and buy Vitos red coconut that contains it, because as far as I know they no longer use it in soap making, they have been getting rid of it for at least years.

I don't see why they should keep it a secret if they have communicated it to me.🤷‍♂️
They also communicated it to me in two different times, two years later.

Now whether it is true that they have replaced it with vegetable tallow or that they have removed the hydrogenated tallow completely from their formula makes no difference to me.

I won't go back to repeating the same exact things I've already written, if you don't believe me, well, that's fine with me.

Last edited:
I went by the store where they have the coconut Vitos in the 1 kg block, I asked to see the inci and it has the one where among the ingredients it has hydrogenated tallow and no oil appears coconut in the list.

Of course I didn't buy it because I already have it.
Subsequently I sent a direct email to Susan Darnell asking for information of the changes, to make explicit whether they have replaced animal tallow with vegetable tallow and it continues to be hydrogenated tallow among the ingredients.
I also asked if they could send me the full list of ingredients in the current formulation.

I hope they will reply soon and I also invite you if you are interested to send an email to ask for information, write two lines and a few questions, if you write in English obviously they will reply.
I don't think they will keep secret what has been communicated to me twice.

That's the only way to find out.
All this is because as in the previous version coconut oil did not appear in the ingredients but it was present , in the new formula there might be vegetable tallow present but not have hydrogenated tallow listed.

Their response from Susan Darnell:

good evening, in both green and red vitos bread there is vegetable tallow, while in the vitos ancient recipe bowl there is animal tallow

best regards
I guess when someone else here in the B&B community sends their email with their questions the answer will be the same.

Their response from Susan Darnell:

good evening, in both green and red vitos bread there is vegetable tallow, while in the vitos ancient recipe bowl there is animal tallow​

best regards

In translation, I'm guessing when they say "bread" it's like a loaf of bread, in other words the 1000ml block.

The "ancient recipe" is the traditional recipe or original recipe. I have not seen that but can search for it.

Thanks for the info!

In translation, I'm guessing when they say "bread" it's like a loaf of bread, in other words the 1000ml block.
Exactly! It's means the soap block.
The "ancient recipe" is the traditional recipe or original recipe. I have not seen that but can search for it.

Maybe I made a mistake in the translation, it correctly translates as "ancient recipe".
I didn't quite understand what mean by bowl with Vitos ancient recipe but I think they mean to a very old Vitos bowl that was sold here in Italy many, many years ago, obviously discontinued.
I only found one, five or six years ago in a tobacconist, when I came back a while later they didn't have any more.

I kept the bowl that I still own.
It's hard to find in Italy now.
I think it refers to that one, I will send another email tomorrow with pictures of the bowl to ask if they refer to that bowl.

Last edited:
Exactly! It's means the soap block.

Maybe I made a mistake in the translation, it correctly translates as "ancient recipe".
I didn't quite understand what mean by bowl with Vitos ancient recipe but I think they mean to a very old Vitos bowl that was sold here in Italy many, many years ago, obviously discontinued.
I only found one, five or six years ago in a tobacconist, when I came back a while later they didn't have any more.

I kept the bowl that I still own.
It's hard to find in Italy now.
I think it refers to that one, I will send another email tomorrow with pictures of the bowl to ask if they refer to that bowl.

It's unknown to me, maybe it is no longer made. I have seen that same name used for a current soap by Saponificio Bignoli, though. This is their tallow based soap, supposed to be an old family recipe. The others are vegetable based.

1715111475033.png

It's unknown to me, maybe it is no longer made. I have seen that same name used for a current soap by Saponificio Bignoli, though. This is their tallow based soap, supposed to be an old family recipe. The others are vegetable based.

View attachment 1842376
I want to correct and specify because I must have expressed myself wrong and I don't want to be misunderstood.

By "ancient recipe" I don't think it is the name of a Vitos soap, as I understand it's mean the original ancient recipe Vitos soap in the bowl, this would corroborate what I was writing.
I will ask for confirmation.
Of the Vitos soap bowls currently in production there are only the vegetable soap and this new Vetiver shaving soap Click here

Last edited:
I was completely wrong!
He wasn't referring to the blue Vitos bowl I posted the picture of and it hasn't been around for many, many years.

I was informed by Susan Darnell that there is a new soap that is actually called Vitos Antica Ricetta soap,It will contain animal tallow but it is not yet very popular.

In the description it is described as having soft, creamy tallow in a 200 ml aluminum can.

In Italy I have not found it yet.

vitosSOAP.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom