What's new

Treet carbon steel --- for me, a best blade

The Treet carbon steel blade, black with the sharp edges silver, is an amazing blade. It seems (to me) as sharp or sharper than a Feather, but smoother. And certainly the price is right: 11.5¢ a blade if you buy 100. Thus if you can use a Feather for four shaves and a Treet carbon steel for just two, you're still money ahead with the Treet.

Photo here, and blades here (scroll down).

In fact, RazorandBrush has greatly expanded their range of offerings, including lots of new blades and razors. I didn't realize that they now have:

* Raw Vanilla aftershave and cologne (by Coty)—very nice when you’ve used a vanilla shaving soap, like Mama Bear’s Vanilla Cream or Honeybee Sue’s Vanilla Oak or QED’s Vanilla—or, for a twist, after using QED’s chocolate soap
* Full range of Tabac: soap, mug, shaving cream, aftershave
* Valobra shaving stick and the soft shaving soap in almond and in menthol
* Several aftershaves new to me
* Arko shaving stick: great lather for $1.49.
* The range of Merkur razors but also quite a few razors I don’t (yet) know.

Now, of course, the question is whether to keep exploring the large sampler pack (which is where I found the Treet blades) or just bag it and go with Treet.

YMMV, of course. Better for you to do your own exploration. But if you like Feathers, you might want to give these Treets a try. Especially if you've been corking the Feathers to make them smoother: no corking necessary with the Treets. YMMV.

Great info, thanks!

I had read somewhere that Coty had discontinued Raw Vanilla; I wonder if this is remnants?

Don't know. I found it first on fragrancenet.com (where, BTW, it's cheaper). Maybe I should buy up a few bottles.

Thanks a lot Michael,

Since I got my small sampler pack here and browsed at the rest of the blades offered, I've been wanting to get some of these. Just because they look cool to me. After your review, I'm convinced I need to give these a try. :tongue_sm

Don't know. I found it first on fragrancenet.com. Maybe I should buy up a few bottles.

I bought a bottle years ago because it was one of very few colognes that smell good on me after twenty minutes (Obsession being another); others go powdery and at least one (Borsalino) smells vile, like stale tobacco smoke on a sweaty felt fedora. Sounds like I should pick up some more before it all disappears.

I'm not sure, but I don't think this blade is in the small sampler pack, only in the large. But even in the small pack, I think you'll come across some unexpected "finds".

I'm not sure, but I don't think this blade is in the small sampler pack, only in the large. But even in the small pack, I think you'll come across some unexpected "finds".

Michael, If you're talking to me. You're right, it's not in the small pack. I noticed it when I saw the other blades offered on their site.

By the way the US Personna has been the best I've ever tried so far. I know it's not the best for most, but for me :laugh: it's a keeper.

Thanks for this post! Have been thinking about that sampler pack as it looks like good value for money, but wasn't sure with all the brands I didn't recognize. I think this will be one of my next purchases, as soon as SWMBO has recovered from the Kent BK4 I ordered today. In the mean time I still have to test some other brands that I bought with my razor.

BTW Smiled@the text on the blade... It kinda gives it an old fashioned feel if you know what I mean.

So Michael,
You like these better than Feathers? I know it does not matter, but the black looks pretty slick to me.

I haven't tried the Treet Dura Sharp yet, but I pulled the pack from the sampler and will give that a go as soon as I run the Treet carbon steel into the ground---I'm curious about how many shaves I can get for 11.5¢ (consciously ignoring price of razor, brush, shaving soap, pre-shave soap, alum bar, and aftershave because, after all, I already have those :smile: )

Michael - Back when, I used the Gillette Thins in the red packaging and had no problems with them. Then everybody went to stainless.

Rick

BTW: the question was asked whether I like these better than Feathers. I do, though I don't yet know how long these will last. That might change something. And, of course, that's for me: for you, Feathers could well be better than these, or some other brand better than both.

ooooh, i just realized that i have some of these carbon treets in my sampler from somewhere else, gonna load them up and give them a whirl

V

VR6ofpain

Michael - Back when, I used the Gillette Thins in the red packaging and had no problems with them. Then everybody went to stainless.

Rick

I have a couple of these blades still in there package. They were included with a razor I got off eBay. I figured they would dull inside the package, but I think I'll shave with one to find out...plus I want to see what the blade actually looks like inside the package!

just finished shaving this morning

these Pakistan made suckers are definitely sharp, sharper than a Feather? I don't remember but if it isn't, it's pretty close (haven't touched those blades in a month or so)

smoother than a Feather? yes, feathers failed not only the alum block test but also just general feeling, these didn't burn so badly with the alum but i could feel the irritation, just nowhere as bad as a Feather

too bad though, because they're still not smooth enough for me

... my skin feels soft

Top Bottom