What's new

To Music or Not to Music ?

I usually listen to Bloomberg radio very quietly in the morning. If I'm shaving on a weekend I will substitute in some Brighter Brightest. Always gets me pumped for the day.

Even though I'm only 25, I love frank Sinatra, dean Martin, and etc. I think because because its old school just like the DE razors

Even though I'm only 25, I love frank Sinatra, dean Martin, and etc. I think because because its old school just like the DE razors

Awesome dude there is so much great sinatra music( bad too yesterday? Anybody?) one of my best video gaming moments had a sinatra tune. Hope you the in both music and De shaving.

Oddly enough, I usually have metalcore playing. Something along the line of As I Lay Dying or August Burns Red. I guess I could jump on the Flogging Molly bandwagon too...seen them a few times. Always a great show. I do so love the sound of the blade against my skin, but there's just something about a aggressive, driving beat while enjoying the very little "me time" I get everyday. Those with little ones know what I mean.

Or you could skip Flogging Molly and play Darkest Hour. :thumbup1:

I like to listen for the sound of a hair poking its way back to freedom and then quickly slice it clean off with samurai like precision, then I get really really quiet and listen for the next victim. :behead:

I have this one CD on my MP3 player that I listen to a when I shave.It is very calming and relaxing but I am getting sick of it. One of my best friends got me hooked on Spotify so now I have all KINDS of music at my finger tips. The last time I shaved I listen to Sweeney Todd sound track. OH man such a good sound track and it's kind of fitting:)

I turn on Pandora to either Contemporary Singer/Songwriters, or put on a CD I've discovered that Bond's album Born is a very good companion soundtrack to shaving. The Tracks Victory and Korobushka are fantastic.

Honestly, I think the sound of a single edge blade against stubble is all part of the feedback of the shave. And different razors have their own sound as the cut the hair.

Also, I don't have any speakers that I want to put in or near the bathroom, so that's probably the other reason I shave in silence!

No music for me, being shift work I do sometimes have to shave at 0200 and don't want to wake everyone else up.
I do enjoy having the bathroom window open and listening to the ambient sounds, that and the feedback from the razor neatly slicing off the whiskers.

I now match my music artist to the country of my shave cream/soap. So if its Hungarian Barbon cream its Franz List or Mark Knopfler ( his Dad was Hungarian ). Today was Tabac day so was a selection of Kraftwerk with Autobhan first. Proraso brings out the Ludovico Einaudi and Ennio Morricone generally but I am trying to play new music as much as possible. My Australian Faulding / Palmolive cream brings out Hoodoo Gurus The Angels and the Sunny Boys. But no single style of music is dominant simply music inspired by the lather... hmmm "lather inspired music" TM.

I now match my music artist to the country of my shave cream/soap. So if its Hungarian Barbon cream its Franz List or Mark Knopfler ( his Dad was Hungarian ). Today was Tabac day so was a selection of Kraftwerk with Autobhan first. Proraso brings out the Ludovico Einaudi and Ennio Morricone generally but I am trying to play new music as much as possible. My Australian Faulding / Palmolive cream brings out Hoodoo Gurus The Angels and the Sunny Boys. But no single style of music is dominant simply music inspired by the lather... hmmm "lather inspired music" TM.

Lather inspired by music is great!!!! I like that you mix it up.

I hadn't ever before, but this afternoon I decided to get clean shaven, removing the goatee/mustache and all. So I had a longer bit of time ahead of me.

So, I got some hot water ready, and took a folding chair into the WC. My apartment is a studio (good enough for a bachelor student) and the computer desk is right next to the washroom. I have decent speakers for the computer, so I plugged those in and put on Emmanuel Ax and Yo-yo Ma doing Prokofiev and Rochmaninov cello sonatas. Sat down in the chair while I soaked with the hot towel and listened to some music, and then proceeded to getting to work. It was relaxing :)

Currently on holiday so having some music on in the room when I'm getting ready early evening is a must. Nicholas Jaar Essential Mix went perfect with my shave last night! ...so did the ice cold beer!

Top Bottom