What's new

To Music or Not to Music ?

I'm usually shaving very early in the morning so out of consideration for my wife no music - I'm not averse to the idea though (although I do think the auditory feedback of the stubble popping is a good thing and quite relaxing in a zen sort of way itself).

My personal wish would some day to be able to shave looking out over a nice landscape rather than just the mirror of my bathroom. When I'm on holiday I'll take a travel mirror, scuttle etc. and go out on the balcony of whereever I am to get a nice view. It's lovely.

I will have to show my husband this post. I feel that is him and that he would love to do something like that. He has been talking about the next time we travel which things he is going to take with him.
That is very sweet of you to keep it quite for your wife. My husband does the same unless he drops his razor in the shower and scares the crap out of me!
have a good one.
JC

I listen to this...

Seriously though...

$MEME.jpg

Attachments

• $MEME.jpg
    $MEME.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
If I'm shaving in the morning then I just enjoy the sounds of the shave.
At night, however, I just put my iTunes on shuffle; just had a great shave to My Morning Jacket and Rush.

I listen to Tex Beneke, Glenn Miller, etc on Pandora when shaving. Seems to take me back in time to when the only shave was a DE or straight edge.

No music, here, as i shave too early in the morning and don't want to wake the family.
If i did, it would be Miles Davis or Bach Suites for Solo Cello, and others, of course.

I like some hardcore gangster rap, really gets me hyped up for some shaving.

In all honesty though I don't have a sound system in my bathroom (but if I found a moisture proof one, I would have one) so I usually leave my shower running as the running water is calming.

I will have to show my husband this post. I feel that is him and that he would love to do something like that. He has been talking about the next time we travel which things he is going to take with him.
That is very sweet of you to keep it quite for your wife. My husband does the same unless he drops his razor in the shower and scares the crap out of me!
have a good one.
JC

Here's a great thing to do. Depending on location I frequently bring my travel Dopp kit down to the beach in early morning, go for a swim and then shave afterwards. Granted you need to find a handy place to sit and place your mirror, but rare is the beach that doesn't provide a convenient rock or two, if not a bench or equally pleasant place.

You also want a mirror - of course a travel mirror will mean a slower shave but hey, we're on holiday here.

I also bring a bottle of water to lather and rinse with and a couple of scuttles/bowls (one to lather in one to hold water to rinse my razor in), which you can improvise from whatever is to hand at your location.

So, dawn swim and then a close shave as the sun comes up finished off with my favourite balm, then breakfast with the wife. That's a nice way to start the day off on holidays :D

If we're not coastal, I would substitute the swim for a run and then shave post-shower back at base somewhere outside with a decent view.

Last edited:
I would say depends on my mood, sometimes Metalica or G&R sometimes Eva Cassidy, not much for
Flight of the Valkires, but Tom Petty works. :punk:

Jim

do you listen to music and if so what do you listen to??

I think I am should go with some smooth or calming maybe something Irish.

Not bagpipes I hope.

They can make you JUMP when they start up and it is hard to shave with both hands over your ears
proxy.php

$1.jpg$2.jpg$3.jpg
from "The Animator's Survival Kit" by Richard Williams (director of animation on "Who Framed Roger Rabbit"). He asked Milt Kahl, another famous animator, if he ever listened to jazz while he worked. He (and now I) never forgot the reaction.

I shave at 5:30am while SWMBO is still dead to the world asleep. No music for me.

As a SWMBO (I feel like I need to make that into a shirt) I would be ok with music while my husband slept...but that is very nice of you to not have the music playing or should I say its more of a benefit for you??
Post like this make me laugh.

Top Bottom