What's new

Theft at Ardennes-Coticule

Sad news from Ardennes-Coticule. Anne-Katrien the daugther of Maurice Celis posted this today on coticule.be:

Hello Everyone,

Ardennes is not a very frequent visitor of forums, so I was hoping that my few posts which I write could all be positive… but this one is not. :-(

Tomorrow we discovered that someone broke in. They forced a backdoor, came in our stockroom and have stolen all of our large Coticule's and money!
So we would like to ask to keep an eye open and report to us if you happen to find a deal on the internet that is to good to be true. If you can mail us a valid lead, we will thank you appropriately!
Francis, our workmen, worked very hard to make these stones and he is very sad! and also angry and really want to find the guy who did this!

They knew what to steal and where to find it. So we think it's a customer that visited us yesterday and came back last night. It's a french-speaking small Belgian men who was on holiday nearby.

The sizes they have stolen are:
250 x 60/ 200 x 75/ 200x 50/ 200 x 40/ 175 x 50/ 175 x 40/ 150 x 40 and a couple of bout 9

Thank's in advance!
Anne-Katrien

So keep your eyes open if there is anyone selling coticules in larger quantities you don't know or havent seen before!

Peter

Not cool! That dirty thief! We'll all keep our eyes open. I'd be very surprised if one of our S.R. guys doesn't spot them if they go up for sale at some point.

One note of humor: "Tomorrow we discovered..."

Last edited by a moderator:
That is terrible! Such an odd thing to pull a heist for. I wonder how he plans on selling them.

Or maybe he is a hardcore hone junkie. HAD just got the better of him, he is in an ally now slurrying the 200x50 on the 250x75 and honing a shard of steel found by the dumpster to shave ready.

Or maybe he is a hardcore hone junkie. HAD just got the better of him, he is in an ally now slurrying the 200x50 on the 250x75 and honing a shard of steel found by the dumpster to shave ready.

Humor in the face of adversity. :001_smile

I have to admit I have fantasized about getting into the mine armed with a hammer. (as with many other dreams, probably never to be realized) But this crime is just low.

So sorry. Hope you catch the thief. I've very much enjoyed using the LV I purchased form you last year.

Really sad, I visited your mine a thew years ago. You guys let us stay the weekend at your mine...Maurice and family are very trusting and kind people, just some people take advantage... If I see anything suspicious I,ll be in touch .

gary

I wonder if they photograph their stones before sale, it would be helpful if there were any unique looking stones that could be identified.

Eyes are staying open on all the Boards, seems the Community thing is Working all information shared!!!

Razorandstone, shared
Bagerandblade, shared
Coupechouxclub, shared
Gut Rasiert, shared
Nassrasur, shared
Straightrazorplace, shared
Facebook Groups, shared

What a weird thing to rob... You'd have a hell of a time unloading a massive coticule without the ppl who care about such things noticing...

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
What a weird thing to rob... You'd have a hell of a time unloading a massive coticule without the ppl who care about such things noticing...
I doubt they realize how tightly knit the wet shaving/honing community is. Those stones will show up sooner or later, unless the guy took them for his personal collection. It's a damn shame. I can't imagine the work involved in putting together a group of large stones like that.

I can't imagine them being sold without getting caught. They definitely can't be sold online. Im sure they will catch the guy, they are unique items. I received an email last night saying the stones I had ordered have all been stolen and it would be at least a 3 week wait for more :(

Last edited:
I would imagine the stones will either be kept by the thief, or chopped up into smaller less high visibility stones to be sold.

Top Bottom