What's new

The Wanderer's Journey

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
5 day beard

Brush: Vulfix London Series 514b Hyde Park
Soap: Phoenix and Beau Iceni
Method: Conventional Face Lathering

I recovered well enough from last week's migraine to attend the 50th birthday of a friend, out of town. However that did wear me out somewhat, so I have had a few days recovery from that too, and am now back to something of a baseline normality.

There were two things I wanted to try from this shave. One was how well the rather soft and fluffy pure badger in this brush copes with five day growth. It seemed to apply ok, but the proof is in the removal...

Razor: Game Changer 68-P and 84-P
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Classic (25th shave)

The last few shaves on this blade definitely suggested that it was tiring. Today's shave, said enough was enough in the 68-P. Time to see what a step up to the 84-P does. This is the first time I have tried it with a "spent" blade, and I wasn't sure if it would suddenly seem shaper, of if it would be both bitey and blunt.

It was a very smooth shave. It wasn't remotely similar to a new blade feeling, but that buttery smooth feeling from a blade that's just settled in after losing its initial keenness. That's a win for both the brush and razor. It wasn't just better at ripping off the heavy growth, but still felt smooth and comfortable on the second pass. It really didn't feel like an aggressive razor at all.

5 day beard

Brush: Vulfix London Series 514b Hyde Park
Soap: Phoenix and Beau Iceni
Method: Conventional Face Lathering

I recovered well enough from last week's migraine to attend the 50th birthday of a friend, out of town. However that did wear me out somewhat, so I have had a few days recovery from that too, and am now back to something of a baseline normality.

There were two things I wanted to try from this shave. One was how well the rather soft and fluffy pure badger in this brush copes with five day growth. It seemed to apply ok, but the proof is in the removal...

Razor: Game Changer 68-P and 84-P
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Classic (25th shave)

The last few shaves on this blade definitely suggested that it was tiring. Today's shave, said enough was enough in the 68-P. Time to see what a step up to the 84-P does. This is the first time I have tried it with a "spent" blade, and I wasn't sure if it would suddenly seem shaper, of if it would be both bitey and blunt.

It was a very smooth shave. It wasn't remotely similar to a new blade feeling, but that buttery smooth feeling from a blade that's just settled in after losing its initial keenness. That's a win for both the brush and razor. It wasn't just better at ripping off the heavy growth, but still felt smooth and comfortable on the second pass. It really didn't feel like an aggressive razor at all.
Yep that is how I like to do it as well. Move the waning blade into a more blade forward razor and it is smooth sailings again.

Top Bottom