What's new

The Speakeasy Acquisitions 2023

C52F31BB-F09A-4293-A065-B798BE6B6F18.jpeg

I picked this Booker’s up the other day. First time ever getting one, I keep hearing good things about it.

WT101 is one of my favorites! Figured I should try some more of their offerings. Picked up the Rare Breed the other day. And my wonderful picked up a bottle of 101 Rye. First time trying a Rye, really enjoyed it! The rare breed packs a punch too! Really enjoyed my first glass of it! 😃🤙🥃
IMG_7032.jpeg

101 Rye: not my pic
IMG_7040.jpeg

WT101 is one of my favorites! Figured I should try some more of their offerings. Picked up the Rare Breed the other day. And my wonderful picked up a bottle of 101 Rye. First time trying a Rye, really enjoyed it! The rare breed packs a punch too! Really enjoyed my first glass of it! 😃🤙🥃
Rare Breed is such a good pour. I wish I could find a bottle of the Rare Breed Rye. And the 101 rye is good too. It is just like the 101 bourbon, it can be enjoyed neat, on the rocks and is a great mixer too. Now I want to have a pour of both of these. I guess tonight is going to be a Wild Turkey night, lol

I have never had Beaujolais Nouveau before. I forgot to pick it up for Thanksgiving. My local store still had two bottles. It will be the welcome wine for Christmas Eve. I also lucked into a bottle of Buffalo Trace as the truck came late due to Thanksgiving last week.

Attachments

• IMG_8441.jpeg
    IMG_8441.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Went to Costco today to get a screw in my tire patched. Walked out having spent way too much money. Finally found the Kirkland BiB and SB. They had the small batch too, but I passed. The liquor guy said the store, which had its grand opening on the 21st, had 2 pallets of the SB and 5 days later (closed on Thanksgiving) they were down to about 40 bottles. They’d been stored somewhere for so long that the bottles were dusty.
IMG_2829.jpeg

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
all picked up at Rishi's International Beverage in Grand Rapids, MI (nice to not have the "I'm going to camp out to get my horsey top bottles" type buyers that I have to deal with in Cincinnati).

View attachment 1753423
I used to go to Rishi’s all the time. If you ever get a chance to talk to Rishi himself I highly recommend it. He’s tried just about everything in his store, which is weird since he’s Sikh and not supposed to drink. He’s turned me on to a couple of good pours that I would have overlooked.

I used to go to Rishi’s all the time. If you ever get a chance to talk to Rishi himself I highly recommend it. He’s tried just about everything in his store, which is weird since he’s Sikh and not supposed to drink. He’s turned me on to a couple of good pours that I would have overlooked.

Really great guy. Super helpful the handful of times I've been in the store and talked to him, always good selections and I've always been happy with the store barrel picks I've gotten there.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Really great guy. Super helpful the handful of times I've been in the store and talked to him, always good selections and I've always been happy with the store barrel picks I've gotten there.
There’s another place in East GR called Smitty’s Specialty Beverages. At one time he had the largest Bourbon selection other than large chains in GR. Rishi’s may have eclipsed Smitty’s by now.

On the occasion of a recognition award bonus I received at work I decided to treat myself with this delight. For the time being it will mostly please the eye, my intention being to keep it for a special reunion, hopefully, as 2024 marks 30 years of high-school graduation. Cheers, gents!

Attachments

• TEMP1_20231214.jpg
    TEMP1_20231214.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
On the occasion of a recognition award bonus I received at work I decided to treat myself with this delight. For the time being it will mostly please the eye, my intention being to keep it for a special reunion, hopefully, as 2024 marks 30 years of high-school graduation. Cheers, gents!
I have been eyeing these Jack Daniels for a while now. I just keep having flash backs of my younger days and it keeps me from buying it, lol. I have heard that the Single Barrel Barrel Proof is good too.

C1F7177E-301E-4CAE-8F6B-BEE16B9E9148.jpeg

I have been waiting for a few months for the Bardstown Origin BiB to show up in my state, I hear it is very good. The second bottle is made by an in state distillery, Swilled Dog. And is produced in partnership with West Virginia University and Country Roads Trust, which helps provide NIL money for the athletes at WVU. It is a a straight bourbon whiskey that comes in at 119 proof. There are I think 3, maybe 4 other universities that have done the distilled spirits NIL deals. Hats off to my Mountaineers for being the only one that went the bourbon route and not vodka.

Last edited:
Top Bottom