What's new

The Speakeasy Acquisitions 2023

6F1D5BA1-DF76-459B-9C69-ACB9363B9485.jpeg
Purchased to age awhile…

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Thanks and yes. I think $32 or so for 750ml. I like Knob Creek and have it out, but it seems I reach for Old Forester 100 at $24 or less when I am standing in the liquor store. I need to get back to Clermont and do that distillery tour!
Big spender! I go for EW BIB for a 1.75 at a little over $22. That said, I love OF.

I have to give EW BIB a try...
It's certainly worthy to try out. I like all of EWs bourbon. Even the dirt cheap black label tastes OK. I also like Wild Turkey 101. I tend to go cheap to low-mid grade with bourbon. I will spend more on single malt scotch. Of course you have to spend more, even for bottom shelf, so there's that. Still, I'm not above dropping the change for a bottle of talisker. Rare occasion that happens these days though.

Recently picked up a bottle of Woodford reserve double oak. I will most likely have a sample as a reward for completing another dry January. Also thought I should try wild turkey 101. So I got a bottle of that as well.

First acquisition of 2023.
New Holland Dragons Milk bourbon. Neat this definitely has a beer finish on the palette. It’s alright if that’s your sort of thing. Neat how they did that, I’m just not a beer aficionado. 🤷‍♂️ Glad I went with the half size bottle!
86994EF8-B2CA-41A9-8BFF-EBD85CB3D5FB.jpeg

Really good in an old fashioned though! 😃🤙🥃
930A81D3-5594-4F0F-8AC1-A717F57FF663.jpeg

Top Bottom